[OSP][Item] Saracen Armor

Users who are viewing this thread

dia151

Knight at Arms
Here it is, Saracen-Mamluk-Arabic Armor

234tr.png

was done on basis of this(i also tried doing the helmet, but it didnt end well  :grin:)
99767118.jpg

Download link
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66498078/Saracen%20Armor.rar

Download link of a .psd file in case someone wants to retexture it
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66498078/saracen_armor.psd

Hope you like it  :smile:

it has, but its all about spec rgb and coeff, plus i probably forgot to add some flags to material, but thats all up for the modder who will use the armor to change it :smile:

MightyGreek said:
That armour and a lot more other would be a nice addon for c-rpg,a shame that the devs are ******** retards..

many suggested items do get implemented in crpg, they just have to be native quality or better, fit the time period, and get positive public response from community. I dont know why, but many suggested armors are there in brf files of crpg but not ingame(for example al mansurs helmets have been in brf for few patches now and still not ingame).

Al_Mansur said:
It looks fantastic in the OpenBRF. I'll take screen****s in game with high graphic options :wink:

Al_Mansur said:
I'll take screen****s

Al_Mansur said:
I'll take screen****s

:lol:

jokes aside, it looks very nice, but for what time era is it for? i dont know much about the history...
also can you make a version with black outline for the lamellar plate instead of brown outline? i think brown outlines look ugly...

Gambino said:
Al_Mansur said:
It looks fantastic in the OpenBRF. I'll take screen****s in game with high graphic options :wink:

Al_Mansur said:
I'll take screen****s

Al_Mansur said:
I'll take screen****s

:lol:

jokes aside, it looks very nice, but for what time era is it for? i dont know much about the history...
also can you make a version with black outline for the lamellar plate instead of brown outline? i think brown outlines look ugly...

:lol: It is because I just woke up :razz:

:grin: looks great , a bit small thou
the T shaped armor worn by the mamluks was partially inspired
by the armor already being used by the Khitans in central Asia

khitanym2.png

a slight increase in the size of the shoulder armor might fix the issue,

references of khassaki mamluks from the TW medieval mod "stainless steel"

khassaki_info.png
khassaki_info.png

dismounted_imperial_guard_info.png
imperial_guard_info.png

:wink: here are more helpful references

Picture1-1.png

Acre1291.png

picture1izl.png

it wasnt a problem in references, i had enough of those (osprey book for example),

this was one of my first items i created,  :smile: , but it'd be interesting to remake that armor now, with more detail and attention

A remake of this already epic armor would be great.
Otherwise, I think that the reference of the Khula Khud like helmets that we can see in the references you and matmohair posted is this late 13th century helmet which belonged to Qala'un :
KHALDUN_C_sp2_warsymbol.jpg

Back
Top Bottom