The Official Art thread

Users who are viewing this thread

vampire knight concept

h2L0U.png
2ivEn.png

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
So I decided I wanted to draw some more, and better this time rather than simply lines (as above), so I drew from this German propaganda book (which I like since it's filled with cool pictures) and drew these 2 guys from the SS training (the article was a several page-long article about guys training in the SS and the cool stuff they get to do).

Drawing:
SSboatmen2_zps7cd48fef.jpg

Here's a picture of the picture I used for those interested:
SSboatmen3original_zps03f6dba2.jpg

In the top right picture on of the picture of the book, the SS guy is talking about his sister Ragnhild, I looked her up and this is her apparantly :razz:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnhild_Hveger

and the upload to deviant-art with translation of what is written beside the picture to English
http://wolfang11.deviantart.com/art/SS-soldiers-training-475823840?ga_submit_new=10%253A1408134344

I really like the faces. They look super stylized and graphic-novely.

@PC: Really pretty background.

PoisonCourtesan said:
vampire knight concept

h2L0U.png
2ivEn.png

Overall it's a lot cleaner and anatomy wise there are some huge improvements over the last work of yours I saw, well played  (:

Some small things to point out:

-Background trees could be a bit darker, or at least with a slight darker gradient from the bottom;
-You could work a bit more in armor alignment/symmetry, as some pieces don't match from side to side.

Arcadius said:
That seems like quite a high price for something you could find all over the internet for free. Hell, I'd do it free of charge for anyone who asked.

Hardly so. You'd be surprised over how many things get screwed up due to poor translation, and if you're willing to translate things like that for free, I tell you, you're losing money.

Judging from his pictures, he most certainly does. I wonder how weird it's going to be if I ever go to Europe or a place like that and see a majority of people with straight hair.

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
He looks so vulnerable  :cry:

*she
This is the part in the comic where she overhears some adults discussing how much of a burden she is.  :cry:

Uhtred Dunkerch said:
Also, do you also have black curly hair irl?

Yep, it's like untamable steel wool, but this character is (unintentionally) based on my cousin (who's a boy, ironically).
I find it really hard to draw straight hair for boys/men, though. Every time I meet a white person with straight hair I subconsciously keep a mental note of what it looks like.

PoisonCourtesan said:
vampire knight concept

h2L0U.png
2ivEn.png
Kickass!  Why isn't your signature on it?  How will people know where to drive truckloads of cash to.

jacobhinds said:
All those portraits I've been drawing recently are paying off.
NMzyg.jpg
Very nice!  You make it look so simple with the linework, when in reality, it is impossible for anyone who hasn't studied for years.

Here's a 'nipple less' edit of my first attempts at capturing the female form (story of my life).

This was around day two of teaching myself to draw women (via youtube vids, documents, etc).  The Upper Right picture was day three. 

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  She'll be a (clothed) regular in my upcoming webcomic "Planet Thundersnow" under the name "Heartcatcher".

scan0038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom