World of Warplanes

Users who are viewing this thread

I signed up for closed beta ages ago. Not in yet though.

Was a little pissed that I wont be able to play RAF for ages. The quiz they issued me also annoyed me, in that I couldn't answer Britain for anything.

Can't use British tanks in WoT
Can't use British planes in WoWP
I also doubt that I will be able to use British ships in WoBS.

:neutral:

We all know the British didn't fight in the war or have any form of warmachines.

I just think the Developers dislike the British, when i was at Tankfest, i asked one of the developers to as why they were introducing none existant french tanks first instead of the British tanks that served, he really didn't give much of an answer "urghh..".

I can sort of understand delaying the British tanks in WoT, they're not known for their tanks really (though they had some great ones). But uh, their planes and ships were preeeettty good.

I don't get the navy part, i mean the Russian navy was almost none existant but i know they'll have ships that fire planes and submarines at others.

I played it for a while, I already had access in alpha, but since I don't have a joystick it's really hard to fly and shoot. Maybe It's about getting used to it, but for me it was really hard to fly with keyboard kontrol.

What kind of game about planes doesn't have any British planes?, the spitfire and hurricane fighter planes were one of the most famous planes during WW2.

Also WoT doesn't have any British tanks?, do they not even know that it was the British that practically helped introduce tank warfare?.

Volkonski said:
Also WoT doesn't have any British tanks?, do they not even know that it was the British that practically helped introduce tank warfare?.

The have the Churchill and Valentine.

Fooshie said:
Volkonski said:

The have the Churchill and Valentine.
True but it's under the Soviet faction, i would rather prefer it if the British was a faction with their own tanks.

Cybran said:
I played it for a while, I already had access in alpha, but since I don't have a joystick it's really hard to fly and shoot. Maybe It's about getting used to it, but for me it was really hard to fly with keyboard kontrol.

Having a joystick wouldn't have helped you one bit, with no sensitivity and dead zone sliders. Also it was damn near impossible to get in a battle in alpha. I think I managed to get in a total of three games, though thanks to how horrible I found the control scheme I didn't exactly feel like spending many more hours trying to get in more games.

Due to my love of Flight Sims, I pretty much lost all interest in this game after reading what the developers goal's/ideas were.  :sad:

Third person view as anything but a joke in regards to aviation is not exactly something that instills me with faith.

Game is not a simulator.

But i completely hated Il-2 Cliff of dover. Massive detail made unbearable.

Indeed, however, when the focus of a game is a particular period and type of combat in this case WWII air combat I find it depressing when said game essentially does away with most things that made said form of combat so interesting or difficult or even original.

Of course Il-2 Cliffs of Dover was buggy as hell and is still in need of many patches, so I would not try and argue it as some wonderful representation of any genre.  :wink:

It is not as if there have not been other games which were still rather "simple" in nature but still somehow managed to avoid going into completely arcade territory in regards to WWII air combat. For third person, turn and burning combat without fuel limitations and unlimited ammo I can go play Ace Combat or any one of several similar games.

Back
Top Bottom