Insanely slow bow speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

AndarielHalo

Regular
Is it normal for all the bows to have speeds in the 30 range?  It seems utterly ridiculous that it takes three seconds just for my character to notch an arrow to the bow, and an additional half-second delay after releasing for the bow to actually fire.

Considering that other mods have bow speeds up to 90 and such... why is this?  Can I change it?

Well I'm no professional archer, but I'm pretty sure real life people who use bows don't take three full seconds just to notch an arrow to their bow.  In the heat of battle.  With enemy units charging at them.

Found this from wikipedia "does not like to try for more than six a minute" With the heaviest bows [a modern warbow archer] does not like to try for more than six a minute." And older bows were way heavier, so i would not wonder if it would take 3+ seconds to notch bow.

Sorry for bad english, watching movie from my second screen so can`t concentrate.

Ps. took 15 minutes to write this message  :grin:

Well, Im an archer myself. So I belive I can be of a little help here.

I do not know what bow you are refering to here, but a good archer usualy take 3-4 seconds to aim his bow and fire. Everything over 5 seconds either messes with your aim (eyes not getting used to ****) or simply your arm cant hold the bow stady anymore. We have fancy arrows and stuff too, making it much easier to notch the arrow and pull back the string.

mikkel the great said:
Well, Im an archer myself. So I belive I can be of a little help here.

I do not know what bow you are refering to here, but a good archer usualy take 3-4 seconds to aim his bow and fire. Everything over 5 seconds either messes with your aim (eyes not getting used to ****) or simply your arm cant hold the bow stady anymore. We have fancy arrows and stuff too, making it much easier to notch the arrow and pull back the string.

Please note that this mod is from ancient age, not modern.

I too, am an archer, and it takes me 7 seconds, from quiver to release, on average, for me to shoot an arrow, and a 3 second nock isn't unrealistic at all.

You could change it, I suppose.

I don't mean to sound obnoxious, but.... Heat of battle.  Enemy charging at you.  Independent fire at will activated.  You (main char) are an expert bowman and not weighed down by any armor. 

Wouldn't that at least cut back on a second or a second and a half on firing speed?  Not even addressing the fact that there's like a half-second delay between my releasing the mouse button and the arrow actually firing, which is not the fault of lag.

To be honest for funs sake i think it needs speeding up., I can throw an entire set of javelins into the enemy before i can get 2 shots off with a bow.

and bows do less damage than javelins.

even if it was twice as fast it would still be slow enough to be fine im sure.

Bows were balanced that way so they dont feel overpowered , damage has increased more then two fold though so a headshot in the face usually means death unlike in vanilla . Maybe a tad too slow but the higher your bow speed is the faster you fire anyways .

Back
Top Bottom