Spec Ops: The Line

Users who are viewing this thread

Rifleman

Knight
It's a game about Dubai, post-destruction by a gigantic sandstorm (?). It's coming out in a few weeks, but the gameplay actually looks decent, even though the military accuracy is, as usual, not even close (one guy's wearing his flag on the left shoulder. Do they even do research these days?) Anyway, I pre-ordered it. Anyone else have thoughts?

http://www.specopstheline.com/us/

Well, the trailer didn't give a good first impression. It pretty much showed the planet Dune after an apocalypse and the main character making faces while people got their brains blown out.

Seen a trailer for a game in a similar environment last year that I wanted to get, I hope it wasn't this :/

Can't be though since had a better trailer, to bad can't remember name.

Damn it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxn8Uv4hAlU

Rifleman said:
(one guy's wearing his flag on the left shoulder. Do they even do research these days?)

:O That's inexcusable! Surely he only did it to troll you.

Anyway, Ima be pretty honest and say it looks bloody horrible.

Spec Ops: The Line Demo Now Available
Download the demo now on Xbox LIVE® for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®Network for PlayStation®3 system

Now that's why most people I know don't buy pc games on release.

Rifleman said:
(one guy's wearing his flag on the left shoulder. Do they even do research these days?)
Some of the developers do, but based on the variety of characters who look like circus performers wearing few pieces of militaristic clothing I doubt authenticity is their goal.

I'm still waiting for a the original rainbow six series kinda game that actually is about spec ops guys doing spec ops missions.

****ing Jesus, you'd think people were tired of the constant barrage of high profile mediocrity. CoD changed the setting from the now depleted WW2 to modern times, so now every goddamn game has to be about some who-gives-a-**** conflict. Are the game companies really that unimaginative?

Radalan said:
I'm still waiting for a the original rainbow six series kinda game that actually is about spec ops guys doing spec ops missions.

There's a game being developed by a new studio formed by a former Red Storm employee that just had a successful kickstarter campaign. It's extremely early in its development, but it sounds like a promising concept. I hope they can pull it off.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter

Another game (also by a former Red Storm employee) has been around for awhile without any real progress being made, but recently they've released some updates and should be starting their own kickstarter campaign in the next few days, so I haven't given up hope on it entirely.

http://groundbranch.com/

Both games are very far from being released, if they even get to that point at all. They're the type of games I really enjoy though, so I'll definitely be following them.

To bad they made the idiotic console port move of having spacebar act as a sprint key,cover key and something else.

Hurray for not fully using a god damn keyboard you idiot console devs :/

My opinion so far is that it's actually pretty good. I haven't touched multiplayer, I've just done single-player, and it's been a lot of fun/it's been fairly difficult. Wasn't spectacular, and I've been playing Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, a lot more, but it's been a lot of fun.

Started the game up again since I got nothing better to do right now. Keep dieing over and over again at the same spot since I ran out of ammo in all my guns so picked up a shotgun randomly and now every enemy is long range and keeps tossing grenades at me :/

Ran around a corner into an enemy who just keep on bashing me with his rifle but somehow that doesn't kill you (he hit me like 5 times in a row since I couldn't remember what the melee button is). Finally got more ammo now since one of my guys finally shot him.

Also shot some guy during a cutscene since I didn't feel like hearing him talk, apparently that is allowed in this game though so probably ****ed that up.

Edit : Tried using shift to run again, apparently that is the melee key.

Thing bugging me a bit right now is for some reason most of the US forces are using an M4A1. Not really sure that would work to well in the desert, also don't think an infantry battalion would be using those, wouldn't they have M16's?

M4A1 is a shorter version of the M16. They're the exact same gun just different styles, persay. M4 is better in urban and close quarters environments because of its shorter barrel.

Back
Top Bottom