Floris Mod Pack 2.53 released

Users who are viewing this thread

monnikje

Master Knight
We've released Floris 2.53. It fixes bugs, upgrades features and brings some game changes. Head to the Introduction + Downloads topic to download the patch or the new full installer.

Here's the list with changes we've made:
Game Changes

Tournaments
- The minimum requirement for survivor points be awarded has increased from 3 to 4 participants.
- The difficulty slider settings have been reordered to sort by number of hostile participants instead of number of total participants. This should smooth out betting values a bit.
- Tournament betting value calculations have been adjusted.
- The difficulty score now has a direct influence on betting values.
- The difficulty slider itself has a minor impact to improve bets received on harder matches.
- Bid values in matches large enough to receive survivor points now factor this in when determining how hard it would be to make your bid.
- Crossbows have had their damage increased.
- You can now tab out of a match after you have been knocked unconcious, however, this will cause every currently surviving participant in that match to gain 3 points. A question prompt will ask to confirm your desire to exit.
- Companions & Nobles now receive a passive improvement to their damage as well as a passive reduction to their damage taken based upon their level. As the troop approaches level 25 their bonus will gradually scale to 0%.
- The final cash payout has been reduced from 7500 to the Floris 2.5 setting of 3000.
- Final prize awarded is weighted by your cumulative difficulty score (the % score reported from each round).
- Item prizes now key off of this value vs. the difficulty slider. Prizes now have enhanced quality.
- On rounds where you are knocked out only half of your difficulty score is added to the total.
- The "tournament system settings" camp menu has been removed. These options have now been incorporated into the main mod options page.

Freelancer
- Ability to request "reassignment" to another troop (albeit of a lower tier) added; can reset all the way to a recruit if desired
- Full explanation of promotion eligibility/ineligibility added to the upgrade tree menu (displayed when XP is sufficient but stats are not)

Reports
- The reports menu was replaced with a unified presentation containing all reports
- Some of the smaller reports were entirely removed and added into the presentation (click them and they appear on the right side)

New mod options: toggle auto-charge on siege tower reaching a wall; toggle division assignment for allies under your command--with your troops or in 'base' infantry, archer, cavalry divisions.

Sigmund - custom troop 'freelancer' master changes
- Now makes a normal tavern circuit (like booksellers, companions, etc) unless paid to stay (no more repeated re-entry to cause him to spawn). Slightly decreased recruitment numbers when paid to stay in one place.
- Makes use of the 'barracks' improvement to provide more and possibly trained recruits
- Added to staff salaries if kept at your hall (not if kept at a tavern); dialog adjusted to reflect this

The base payment for mercenary contracts has been reduced from 80% of upkeep to 75%.

Slightly changed the equipment of the Slaver Crusher and Slaver Chief.

Enabled 112 new banners for the player to choose from.

Bug Fixes

Tournaments
- Tournaments will no longer grant 2 points to people who lost in a round.

Added hard edges to Muiderslot models.

Mercenary contracts should no longer get Div/0 errors leading to 4,000,000 denar payments.

The "black screen of death" caused during character creation since warband's 1.150 update should no longer occur. Banner selection will not trigger during character creation any longer, but if you should receive a banner it will allow you to select one as soon as the game starts (at the world map).

Freelancer
- Companions on mission when you enlist should attempt to return
- Post-Freelancing and serving as marshal no longer bugged due to past defeat/capture
- Other capture-related bugs corrected: no permanent note on your character page, no duplicates of your character being imprisoned elsewhere, both should fix the money disappearing bug (needs confirmation)

Report menu options have appropriate mno_ ids in the Dev Suite for translators

Bug with some (garrison-selected) patrols not marked as being the player's fixed

Custom Battles work again; PBOD orders, formation AI, etc--all in-battle features--active.

Pre-Battle Orders & Deployment
- All pre-battle orders should function again and "snap" into place on spawn
- Cancelling spear bracing, volley fire, and skirmishing fixed

Landowners and Moneylenders
- A bug that caused negative income due to towns owning to much land was squashed

Renamed the Swadian Green Dress (which was actually blue).

Slightly moved the Yruma Castle map icon, so that it won't collide with trees.

The following scenes have been fixed: Derchios Castle, Etrosq Castle, Knudarr Castle, Jamiche Castle , Tilbaut Castle, Uhhun Castle, Halmar Siege Scene and Tavern, Rivacheg Siege Scene, Tulga Tavern, Uxkhal Siege Scene.

Graphical Changes

Mipmaps added to the normalmaps. (Will fix visual errors on distant armor/mail)

We'd also like to hear what people think of the changes in 2.53.  It would help us in steering our design for the eventual 2.6 release.  On the front page of the wiki you can find a feedback section with a link to the Feedback Polls.  Please take a minute sometime and give us your thoughts.

No. Easiest to check is clicking reports in your game, if that doesnt bring up a new presentation instead of the old menu, then sth went wrong.

Hey

I haven't been keeping fully on top of the patches recently, new girlfriend etc... I'm currently running 2.5 on WB 1.143. If I update to this, is my current save compatible?

Thanks

-AoG- X3N0PH083 said:
Hey

I haven't been keeping fully on top of the patches recently, new girlfriend etc... I'm currently running 2.5 on WB 1.143. If I update to this, is my current save compatible?

Thanks
Should be. Good news is you can update to 1.53 with Floris 2.53. Fully compatible.

As I am sadly unable to test it out myself at the moment, did the PBOD bug where archers/infantry spawn on the other end of  the map get fixed?

Augh. I must have somehow misplaced my brain. The whole day is nothing but a comedy of plainly obvious mistakes and errors for me. Thank you for indulging my blindness and stupidity.

Once again, real life has kept me away from gaming for months, but I've had an eye on this mod and it's nice to see yet another great update. Kudos, devs!

Actually theres one thing, when I use the brace spears command my troops wont lower their spears. They won't take any other orders until I cancel the brace spear (F7 F7 I think), no idea why because it worked fine before the patch. Troop placements work great now though, saves alot of time while engaging the enemy

Wim said:
Actually theres one thing, when I use the brace spears command my troops wont lower their spears. They won't take any other orders until I cancel the brace spear (F7 F7 I think), no idea why because it worked fine before the patch. Troop placements work great now though, saves alot of time while engaging the enemy
I tested bracing pre-release of 2.53 and it worked fine, but was broken in 2.52 (they would never cancel)...so that's odd.

They shouldn't follow any other orders after you'd ordered them to brace, though.

they just won't lower their spears, I did put them in group 4 not any of the custom ones if that matters. Am I the only one with this problem? :neutral:

Edit: just tried it with a new game still the same problem with the custom infantry group units. The ones that spawn with spears wont move and the others ignore the order (which is good).

Edit Edit: I replaced the actions txt file for the old animations which probably caused this, thx for the help

Great, looking forward to it. On a different note, the tournament prizes are a little funky. I got a reinforced danish greatsword and a reinforced black courser, the reinforced prefix adds to the cost but it doesn't add to the stats not sure if thats intentional or not. Just so you know

Back
Top Bottom