1st Royal Australian Rifles Regiment [Now Recruiting!]

Users who are viewing this thread

The 1st Royal Australian Rifles Regiment

8363274.jpg

About Us
The 1st Royal Australian Rifles Regiment is a brand new regiment made by Australians for Australians.
We plan to be an fair sized line infantry regiment that will fight in line battles with other regiments.
We do not judge harshly on who we let in. Whatever skill level, whatever age, whatever experience.
We know that some people will not be able to make every training and every battle, so we do not mind if you don't show up to a battle, and if you can't make it to a training i would be happy if you told me beforehand. We play as Great Britain in game. We are a line infantry regiment and use realistic tactics from the period.

Duels
In this Regiment we take insults quite seriously and we deal with insults in a gentlemanly manner. Therefore if one of our soldiers feels insulted he is obligated to challenge the insultor to a duel.
Each party would name a trusted representative (a "second") who would, between them, determine a suitable "field of honour". It was also the duty of each party's second to check that the weapons were equal and that the duel was fair.
At the choice of the offended party, the duel could be fought to a number of conclusions:

To first blood, in which case the duel would be ended as soon as one man was wounded, even if the wound was minor.

Until one man was so severely wounded as to be physically unable to continue the duel.

To the death (or "a la outrance"), in which case there would be no satisfaction until one party was mortally wounded.

In the case of pistol duels, each party would fire one shot. If neither man was hit and if the challenger stated that he was satisfied, the duel would be declared over. If the challenger was not satisfied, a pistol duel could continue until one man was wounded or killed, but to have more than three exchanges of fire was considered barbaric and, on the rare occasion that no hits were achieved, somewhat ridiculous.

For a pistol duel, the parties would be placed back to back with loaded weapons in hand and walk a set number of paces, turn to face the opponent, and shoot. Typically, the graver the insult, the fewer the paces agreed upon

All duels will be overwatched by the Colonel or the Major. All duels must also have the Colonels approval.

Rank Structure

Colonel- Leads the Regiment into battle

Major- Second in command, takes over if the Colonel is absent or dead

Captain- Third in command, last resort of leadership

Sergeant- Takes care of the troops in and out of battle( helps the new guys, hands out punishments etc.)

Corporal- Assists the Sergeant

Private- Just a glorified Trooper, does not give orders

Trooper- The main force, does most of the killing, does most of the dieing

Training
Trainings are twice a week usually at 6:00PM UTC+10 on Sundays and Saturdays. Training will consist of drill practise, firing practise, melee practise, and friendly competitions between members (ie. Bare knuckle boxing, best shot, bayonet tournament etc.)

Battles
Line Battles are held weekly on Saturdays, Sundays, and Fridays at 5:00PM UTC+10

Rules and Expectations
1. Respect for all members, do not insult others in any way
2. Do not over talk other people on Team Speak, wait your turn
3. Listen to line commanders and all officers, their normally saying something important.
4. Do as you are told

In Game Communication
We plan to use Teamspeak for our games but the future is subject to change

Joining Up

poster.Br.recruiting.DontStayInTheCrowd.WWI.jpg

If you are still reading I take it you are interested. So if you do want to make the ultimate decision of joining our ranks there are 4 ways of doing so:
1. Comment on this
2. Comment on my STEAM profile page(The Irish Rover)
3. Add me on Steam
4. Add ScottishWarlord on Steam

In your message/comment you must answer the following questions:

In-game Name:

STEAM account name/link:

Timezone:

Game experience, previous units ect:

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS8lXMuterI&feature=plcp

Good luck from the 27th (Enniskillen) regiment of Foot, UK based regiment.
Not many Austrailian regiments from what I see.

I need someone who has had a lot of experience in this game and has had a high rank in another regiment, so if someone provides me with proof that you have had a lot of experience and have held a high rank in another regiment and is willing to help organise this regiment i will gladly let you into my regiment and immediately promote you to the rank of Lieutenant which is the second highest rank in my regiment.

May want to extend the thread a little bit, add more ranks maybe? But none the less, good luck. Not many Australian regiments around. (Not even sure if there's one) I'd recommend more ranks for sure, just look at the structure of other regiments and use some of their ranks, but don't copy it though.

The Irish Rover said:
I need someone who has had a lot of experience in this game and has had a high rank in another regiment, so if someone provides me with proof that you have had a lot of experience and have held a high rank in another regiment and is willing to help organise this regiment i will gladly let you into my regiment and immediately promote you to the rank of Lieutenant which is the second highest rank in my regiment.
Despite being a colonel of a regiment (So obviously i don't want to join your regiment, i have my own.) I'm very willing to help you with anything you may need with your regiment, it's common courtesy, and many other colonels or officers of regiments would quite happily help you build your regiment. Just add me on steam :razz:
Smurfkidharley (yes it's stupid i know -___-)

smurfkidharley said:
The Irish Rover said:
Despite being a colonel of a regiment (So obviously i don't want to join your regiment, i have my own.) I'm very willing to help you with anything you may need with your regiment, it's common courtesy, and many other colonels or officers of regiments would quite happily help you build your regiment. Just add me on steam :razz:

If you really want to help the best thing you could do right now is to help with the recruitment process, we really need more recruits, we currently only have 3 members including myself

El dorado said:
Do you still need recruits and how often will line battle's be?

Yes we are always recruiting, when we have sufficient members we will be having line battles Fridays, Sundays and probably Saturdays

The Irish Rover said:
smurfkidharley said:
The Irish Rover said:

If you really want to help the best thing you could do right now is to help with the recruitment process, we really need more recruits, we currently only have 3 members including myself
I do want to help, but I'm not going to go out and recruit for another regiment, like i said, I'm a colonel. I have my own regiment to recruit for, and a select number of my guys and myself have done ALL the recruitment thus far. So sorry to say it, but if you want to get recruits, you'll have to do it yourself, and there are few people willing to give up vast amounts of their time in the name of recruitment. Especially those already in regiments.

smurfkidharley said:
The Irish Rover said:
smurfkidharley said:
The Irish Rover said:

I do want to help, but I'm not going to go out and recruit for another regiment, like i said, I'm a colonel. I have my own regiment to recruit for, and a select number of my guys and myself have done ALL the recruitment thus far. So sorry to say it, but if you want to get recruits, you'll have to do it yourself, and there are few people willing to give up vast amounts of their time in the name of recruitment. Especially those already in regiments.

Fair enough.

Regiment Application: Jester

In-game Name: Jester

STEAM account name/link: XXbeamsyXX

Timezone: (GMT + 10:00)

Game experience, previous units ect: I am quite new to Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars and M&M but i have quite a bit of experience in simulation type games E.G. Red Orchestra 2

I am very happy to find an Aussie regiement and hope to join you on the battlefield.

The Irish Rover said:
hello i have been in 4 regiments and had my own i am currently a CSgt but have had a lot of experience in regiments and how to get them bigger and so on  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom