1tesWfs Training Map

Users who are viewing this thread

Kegger

Sergeant Knight
Greetings NW community!

I recently developed a map to train on for the 1tesWfs, and I have had some requests by those who have played on it for me to send them the files for their regiments to train on it. That being said, I'd like to just open it up to the community at large, with the hopes that at least a couple of regiments will find a use for it.

Here is a quick run down of it:

Base/Mustering Grounds:
2012-05-27_00016.jpg

Artillery Range (Includes dummies and a building to destroy):
2012-05-27_00008.jpg
2012-05-27_00009.jpg

Cavalry Range (Includes hit-registering targets for Dragoon practice):
2012-05-27_00012.jpg
2012-05-27_00013.jpg

Firing Range (Includes hit-registering targets):
2012-05-27_00014.jpg
2012-05-27_00015.jpg

General Training/Marching Range:
2012-05-27_00010.jpg
2012-05-27_00011.jpg

Note that this map is in what I would consider a "beta" and I will upload new versions as I make them. I'm aware of some clipping issues with walls on the headquarters, and how empty the map seems in some areas. I am open to suggestions by you folks as to what to add or change.

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://www.mediafire.com/?tav4v521g0u1wpk

Scene code:
0x00000000300005000006c5b00000720100004baa00002078

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions feel free to post them here or PM me.

Regards
-Uffz Sven
1tes Westfälisches Infanterie-Regiment

Nice work but did you consider using the dummies instead of the targets on the firing range as you get a report if you hit them or not. :smile:

DarkOmega said:
Nice work but did you consider using the dummies instead of the targets on the firing range as you get a report if you hit them or not. :smile:

Indeed, but dummies die :razz: I figured for longer shooting practices without having to reload the map, the archery targets would do the job a bit better.

I actually used dummies on a previous version though.

KhanGirey said:
Very nice! I was working on something quite similar. We'll see how ours compare. + to you!

Thanks for the support Khan :smile:

Let me know when you get yours out, I'd love to try it out!

Thanks India :grin:

Kegger said:
DarkOmega said:

Indeed, but dummies die :razz: I figured for longer shooting practices without having to reload the map, the archery targets would do the job a bit better.

You can use indestructible Dummys' They still report damage  :razz:
nice looking map. am sure plenty of regiments will be lucky to use it

Kieran Bilginer said:
Kegger said:
DarkOmega said:

You can use indestructible Dummys' They still report damage  :razz:
nice looking map. am sure plenty of regiments will be lucky to use it

Well I learned something new today then! Haha. If you can't tell, I'm not exactly a professional map maker :razz:

I'll have to decide how to handle that one then. I know my Oberst likes the targets due to the range report (helps gauge drop and what not) but if a regiment wants the dummies instead, I can make a second version with those on it.

I actually used dummies on a previous version though.

Fair enough, still great map. :smile:

How do you install? I tried hosting a private non-dedicated (for myself to practice) server but the map was out of wack. Where do I put it?

How do you 'install' the map?

ICEArmy said:
How about the map without the prussian flags  :wink:

You, sir, are SOL on that one :wink:

Nah, if I get some free time/am bored in the near future I may make some different flag versions. I will never place a Prussian flag on the targets however. You people need no help with aiming at Prussians!

n4tive said:
How do you install? I tried hosting a private non-dedicated (for myself to practice) server but the map was out of wack. Where do I put it?

Alright, on your server folder (or your game folder for local play), go into the NW module. You will see a "SceneObj" folder. Place the file in the mediafire.com download into that folder and overwrite the one that's currently in there.

Then you need to go back into the main folder of your module and open up "scenes.txt". Find where it says

scn_mp_arabian_village mp_arabian_village 256 none none
0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000

and replace the bold part with the one below the download link in my original post. Then load up the game, host it, and switch the map to Arabian Village, and it should be this one instead.

Kegger said:
ICEArmy said:
How about the map without the prussian flags  :wink:

You, sir, are SOL on that one :wink:

Nah, if I get some free time/am bored in the near future I may make some different flag versions. I will never place a Prussian flag on the targets however. You people need no help with aiming at Prussians!

n4tive said:

Alright, on your server folder (or your game folder for local play), go into the NW module. You will see a "SceneObj" folder. Place the file in the mediafire.com download into that folder and overwrite the one that's currently in there.

Then you need to go back into the main folder of your module and open up "scenes.txt". Find where it says

scn_mp_arabian_village mp_arabian_village 256 none none
0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000

and replace the bold part with the one below the download link in my original post. Then load up the game, host it, and switch the map to Arabian Village, and it should be this one instead.

That was very helpful! thank you so much!!

Thanks for the map!
I particullary like the TINY useable cannon upstairs in the base.
I shall surprise my men when the SiC marches them past :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom