The State of Melee - Proposed Changes

Users who are viewing this thread

It's all about movement. When you finish somone off, follow through; move into the stab and keep going. I guarantee you won't bounce as much as you have been (ofc you'll have a few isolated bounce issues, but that's the nature of the engine).

Unless your opponent's a total dummy and hasn't realized how NW works, he won't let you 'follow through'.

He could also miraculously block your attack or spam you off after the interruption.

I just want to overhead stab to be axed and to BRING BACK THE OVERHEAD CLOBBER!!!

I think It'd be easier just to undo the latest melee ''fixes'' for bayonets.

Increased stun for attacking into a block, I'm not sure if you meant this for swords? But for bayonet vs bayonet its without exaggeration you have to wait a good long half hour or so till you can attack again. Didn't they increase it last time?

But like I said I preferred when it was Ballet, not what NW has becomed now, alas I find no words to describe its downfall.

The ballerina spinning was art, it was like dancing in the moonlight beneath stars, and chambering was like tunes from a flute.
Everyone who witnessed such a sight would be, and was amazed - thus the iron hand of the patchers.

Of course some fight on forums rather than in the game.
Of course some rather tend their nostalgia on the forums.
But there was once upon a time when there walked legends among common meleers.

But not any longer. The meleers I behold now are pale shadows from what use to be.
But yeah.. Not many commoners keep playing when they recieve a can of whoop ass.

Crille said:
I think It'd be easier just to undo the latest melee ''fixes'' for bayonets.

Increased stun for attacking into a block, I'm not sure if you meant this for swords? But for bayonet vs bayonet its without exaggeration you have to wait a good long half hour or so till you can attack again. Didn't they increase it last time?

But like I said I preferred when it was Ballet, not what NW has becomed now, alas I find no words to describe its downfall.

The ballerina spinning was art, it was like dancing in the moonlight beneath stars, and chambering was like tunes from a flute.
Everyone who witnessed such a sight would be, and was amazed - thus the iron hand of the patchers.

Of course some fight on forums rather than in the game.
Of course some rather tend their nostalgia on the forums.
But there was once upon a time when there walked legends among common meleers.

But not any longer. The meleers I behold now are pale shadows from what use to be.
But yeah.. Not many commoners keep playing when they recieve a can of whoop ass.

I hope you're refering to MM and not pre-patch NW, because the real great days of melee were in MM.

2013 - Almost a year later, and melee is the same, if not most likely worse.
With spamming lowerstabs reaching futher than upperstabs. Bouncing happening 24/7.
a upperstab virtually slower than a snail.

Unactive developers to top it off? When was the latest patch?

The solution: Bring back ballerina spinning bayonetts, and equal speed on upperstab and lowerstab.

Crille said:
With spamming lowerstabs reaching futher than upperstabs. Bouncing happening 24/7.

The solution: Bring back ballerina spinning bayonetts, and equal speed on upperstab and lowerstab.

A better question would be: Where have you been the last year?

gokiller said:
Crille said:

A better question would be: Where have you been the last year?

Enduring a inhumane melee ''fix''.

Vince was on NA_1 a few days ago, and he said that the new patch has been completely done for a while now, and that Taleworlds is just withholding it for whatever reason.

Zango said:
Vince was on NA_1 a few days ago, and he said that the new patch has been completely done for a while now, and that Taleworlds is just withholding it for whatever reason.
Taleworlds is doing it's own patch for vanilla Warband alongside with NW's, for which the former seems to still have some work to do.

Back
Top Bottom