[v4.4 Updated] Archipelago of Yore [MAP]

Meadhall (Un)Capable? {Post as well, poll results will not necessarily dictate outcome}

• Capable (4 cap'able faction points)

Votes: 55 61.8%
  • UnCapable (3 cap'able faction points)

Votes: 34 38.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Sith 121 said:
There is no weapons in the main castle is that normal?

Yes; this was just at the advent of armor crafting and I was trying to keep it all tidy, people couldn't quite handle the idea, so armor and such is in the store in town not the castle. Also requires the faction to guard whole town, not just the keep.

I've just got to point out no matter how many boats are in this scene it only takes 1 hour for all of them to end up inbetween
of the two islands.

clant said:
I've just got to point out no matter how many boats are in this scene it only takes 1 hour for all of them to end up inbetween
of the two islands.

That's why there's a ferry and admin resets; it hasn't turned into a problem, nor did it when this first went up with 20-30 people.

I know naval maps have a bad rap but I'd say this one's OK on that front-- plus being stuck on one of the major islands is kind of the point at times.

Azrayel said:
clant said:
of the two islands.

That's why there's a ferry and admin resets; it hasn't turned into a problem, nor did it when this first went up with 20-30 people.

I know naval maps have a bad rap but I'd say this one's OK on that front-- plus being stuck on one of the major islands is kind of the point at times.

Someone parked a boat in front of the ferry, at first I was like  :lol: the ferry will break the boat then I was like  :shock: the ferry isn't strong enough.
Result: ferry stuck inbetween islands along with boat, I can't even become an outlaw without crossing the water and bothering an admin, the second island even seems bigger than the spawn one. This is simply too grave an issue as I cannot access my lockpicks you see; without them my character cannot rob people blind.

clant said:
Someone parked a boat in front of the ferry, at first I was like  :lol: the ferry will break the boat then I was like  :shock: the ferry isn't strong enough.
Result: ferry stuck inbetween islands along with boat, I can't even become an outlaw without crossing the water and bothering an admin, the second island even seems bigger than the spawn one.
If the ferry has collied with a ship, you should be able to either use the up arrow key to climb the ship side right off the ferry, or at least jump along the side into the water then press up, and then sail the ship away.

Sometimes I wonder how many people know all the features of the mod, properly; I just couldn't get the motivation to make full video tutorials demonstrating every little thing, as some types of people seem to expect. Just a side rant, not directed at anyone in particular...

Oh it's blatantly obvious ingame that at least 95% of the players don't know how the mod works  :smile:

Then again, I don't even know how everything works and I've been scening for 2 years. You're just too smart for us.

Loving this map - I'd love to see it on a small European server 50-100 slots perhaps. Right now I don't care about the US ping, also since I have great framerate on the map (maybe because of the lack of players on Oprec :wink:.

Vornne said:
clant said:
Result: ferry stuck inbetween islands along with boat, I can't even become an outlaw without crossing the water and bothering an admin, the second island even seems bigger than the spawn one.
If the ferry has collied with a ship, you should be able to either use the up arrow key to climb the ship side right off the ferry, or at least jump along the side into the water then press up, and then sail the ship away.

Sometimes I wonder how many people know all the features of the mod, properly; I just couldn't get the motivation to make full video tutorials demonstrating every little thing, as some types of people seem to expect. Just a side rant, not directed at anyone in particular...

Every full day of playing PW I teach someone knew the use of the up arrow. It truly astounds  :mrgreen:  I guess coming from v3 we all learned the ins and outs of boats because it was like "WOW! THIS ACTUALLY GOT ADDED!" After a while, it's become commonplace.

Dansk viking said:
Loving this map - I'd love to see it on a small European server 50-100 slots perhaps. Right now I don't care about the US ping, also since I have great framerate on the map (maybe because of the lack of players on Oprec :wink:.

T'is welcome for all to use, and European servers also tend to organize and actually do economic things so it might be interesting to see in that environment... probably not enough castles for them though.

Splintert said:
I keep imagining literally dozens of people trying to use doors at the same time.

Nexus/Union - I implore you to use this map for 30 minutes.

I'm not sure it's big enough for them, although it could get quite interesting.

Hello I am informing you of a slight glitch in the Fjorgyn Hold the right gate(as you walk in) can be opened even when not in the owning faction

May I update this for v4.5, with new features and stuff? I also want to add a few more factions.

We are considering this map for NA_Sense_HCRP.

Back
Top Bottom