1257 AD F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone! I have a question!

So I just got my first castle and I have a chamberlain there. In the dialogue with him I see the options to set recruitment laws for both the nobility and the commoners (peasants).  There are two options for each class which are essentially:

1.) only those willing to fight are called up for action (volunteers). Or...
2.) forced military service for everyone when asked.

What are the consequences of these options beyond the obvious of one being strictly voluntary and the other being forced service?

I'm assuming nobles would be cavalry and commoners would be archers/infantry yes?

Will my castle and village lose prosperity with forced service? Is there anything to gain from voluntary service, such as higher quality of troops or higher prosperity or relation with my fiefs? Would voluntary service mean less lances available for recruitment but higher quality troops (quantity vs quality sort of thing)?

I'm already able to train troops up to higher levels pretty quickly so would you recommend using a voluntary or forced recruitment system?

My initial idea was to force recruitment of nobles (more responsibility comes with the privileges of rank) and to have the commoners be volunteers. Any input on this and an explanation of the in-game consequences of these actions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Can I get longbowmen from English troops?

I noticed that Scandinavian experienced archers have bows that look like longbows, but my senior millitia don't.

Maybe I just don't know the troop tree and I need to get them from town troops after an upgrade or two.

Kadoken said:
Can I get longbowmen from English troops?

I noticed that Scandinavian experienced archers have bows that look like longbows, but my senior millitia don't.

Maybe I just don't know the troop tree and I need to get them from town troops after an upgrade or two.

Yes you can get English Longbowmen from some cities. They are mercenary units. When you are in the city look for the option to "recruit volunteers" and you'll have the option to hire a local mercenary company or to hire a "company of welsh archers".  The Welsh archers are what you're looking for. I always find them in the cities of Chester, Aberffraw, and Bristol but they might be found in other English or Welsh cities as well.

A hopefully simple question, I really appreciate responses  :smile:

I recruited a band of angry drunks to follow me, and now I'm laying siege to a castle.  I'd like them to back me up in the battle.

On the campaign map, they are standing pretty close to me.  When the ladders are ready and I attack in battle screen, they are not there as allies.  My number of troops has not increased.

Is this a bug?  Is this intentional?  Anyone else have this?  Is there a fix?

VanguardXIII said:
A hopefully simple question, I really appreciate responses  :smile:

I recruited a band of angry drunks to follow me, and now I'm laying siege to a castle.  I'd like them to back me up in the battle.

On the campaign map, they are standing pretty close to me.  When the ladders are ready and I attack in battle screen, they are not there as allies.  My number of troops has not increased.

Is this a bug?  Is this intentional?  Anyone else have this?  Is there a fix?

They like to follow every possible bandit/enemy nrby. Make sure they stand still on the map and that "angry alcho has joined the battle on ur side..." text pops on the bottom left corner of the screen.

I have a question myself : Medium Greek Swordsmans are equipped with 64 armor rating armors where the Heavy ones use 41 footman mail. Intended? I did "fix" it using the editor but still wonder was that an overlook or what.
btw: I did give Mediums the 41 and Heavy 51 armors - mostly ;p

I've been playing a character for a reasonable amount of time now, and have become a mercenary under the Holy Roman Empire. However, they won't declare war with anyone. I would prefer not to take the quest to start a war for multiple reasons. Is the Holy Roman Empire a peaceful kingdom? Or have I just been unlucky?

I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but there's an exploit in the looting system.  If your companions get knocked out in a battle, you can loot the weapon they carry.  After the battle, you not only keep a (repaired, if previously degraded) copy of the weapon, but they retain their copy as well.  This only impacts the early game, but it's hilarious to use trade the well being of your companions for more swords. 

I've noticed that archers sometimes will switch from their bows to hand weapon even if they're not in melee...is there a way to prevent that and keep them shooting?

I am in the polish principalities. When I ask some of my allies to go to a weak castle then lay siege to it, they do not fight with me. While I am building siege ladders they stay there waiting for me to finish, but they do not join me in an assault.

I was just wondering why lords don't have a set fief. Like why isnt the prince of Antioch always the lord of Antioch? Is it supposed to be random like that or? Is something messed up in my files?
Thanks.

MacMuzli said:
I was just wondering why lords don't have a set fief. Like why isnt the prince of Antioch always the lord of Antioch? Is it supposed to be random like that or? Is something messed up in my files?
Thanks.
I think it's supposed to be random

jacksin125 said:
MacMuzli said:
Thanks.
That dosn't make any sense though...

MacMuzli said:
jacksin125 said:
MacMuzli said:
Thanks.
That may be how normal M&B:W works.

jacksin125 said:
MacMuzli said:
jacksin125 said:
MacMuzli said:
Thanks.
That may be how normal M&B:W works.
I dont think so.. Anyways. Anyone who knows for certain; Why is it random? Is it supposed to be?

Just a question, I can't seem to recruit those Teutonic or Crusader Knights. Can anyone help? I selected the option for the Holy War but no epic knights :sad:

Back
Top Bottom