1257 AD F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

yeah also keep in mind some fiefs mainly villages will stay without a lord owning them, this is used as a tactic by the AI though can also be implemented by yourself should you become a King, to lure other lords into joining their faction as a faction with a non assigned village will be more attractive to join than one that has no fief to offer. Also when you join a faction you are automatically assigned a village fief unless your a woman or in some other specific circumstances, therefore there must be at least one fief free to be awarded you upon joining said faction. also there is usually one fief kept free in all kingdoms due to the ability to denounce your loyalty to one King and join another, there fore loosing your previous fief but gaining one in the new faction of choice.

SirSlaughter357 said:
The Pope's fief is Roma (Rome) in Italy, I was pretty sure everyone knew that. If he's not at his fief you could wait until he gets there, he's the head of his faction whose name escapes me right now (still learning latin) There are only 4 or 5 other "lords" in that faction and he'll be the one with 200-300+ guys in his party so spotting him from that stand point shouldn't be too hard.

thanks

I have just a few quick questions! I'm playing on the newest version and all my stuff is working :grin:.

I was wondering How do you recruit the crusaders in your fief after you build a monistary and recruit them?

Secondly! How do the crusades work exactly? I paid for the crusade, went and found where they assembled, but i couldnt figure out if I was following them or if they were following me? if I had to speak to someone or something like that.

Thanks!

Has anyone else had any graphics problems with the latest update? the  crosses on most of the hospitaller and all of the templar surcoats are messed up, they look indented and in certain lights even take shadows apart from the surcoat itself.

Anyone else experiencing these glitches?

I know its not my comp and all of my other modules work fine.

SirSlaughter357 said:
Has anyone else had any graphics problems with the latest update? the  crosses on most of the hospitaller and all of the templar surcoats are messed up, they look indented and in certain lights even take shadows apart from the surcoat itself.

I haven't had any issues with it. Though I do get an occasional weird blue fog on seige battles lol. Other than that my game works fine, no issues. I just ignore it :razz:

I have not had any graphics problems really, a few mods not sure if including this, the trees sometimes float in the air or the bushes, with invisible tree trunks haha, on the topic of the fief thing, I can understand about a king keeping a fief free from ownership until he decides who can get it, if I remember this fief had no faction either, it was completely independent, if I see it happen again ill repost because I have 3 save files and its on one of them :razz:

SirSlaughter357 said:

I am not sure if its the latest mod that has cased this problem; but I just attended a feast and some of the women were semi naked and did not know their names and could not access their family connections!  Bizzar!  :oops:  Others around the brazer were clothed and could remember their names - never seen this before...

Penledor said:
SirSlaughter357 said:

I am not sure if its the latest mod that has cased this problem; but I just attended a feast and some of the women were semi naked and did not know their names and could not access their family connections!  Bizzar!  :oops:  Others around the brazer were clothed and could remember their names - never seen this before...

Maybe its not that weird than because I too have had this issue, though not exclusively with just 1257 AD but for my part, it seemed to be most common in the Anatolian Kingdoms as well as the Iberian ones, so the Byzantine Empire, Most of Italy and Sicily and other surrounding countries. Only once have I noticed it in Scotland and twice in Ireland though never in England or France though the Scandinavian and Baltic countries I wouldn't know cause I don't spend much leisure time there lol.

This is for .96 right? I cant seem to find the invite nobles to hunt and I desperately need a proper minister.

edit: I just found companions is there something wrong with my version?

Penledor said:
SirSlaughter357 said:

Someone obviously roofied their drinks.

@TheShaman

Have you explored all conversation options. I think its under "I want to ask you something" tab or something like that. I wouldn't know to be honest, I've never experienced this problem before I've only messed with it once I think, it didn't really do anything for me. Personally I'd just prefer talking to one of the Christian Kings that I'm a vassal of and asking for leave to fight in the crusades then coming back a year or two later with a **** ton of money, renown and honor, and possibly, depending on how I want to shape my character; a wife and some land.

Can anyone tell me how and where can i get knights Templar and hospitelars etc
If it helps am crusader state?

@ Adamek hmm not sure, they used to be a merc faction that you could hire like regular mercs in the town taverns in the Crusader States, but I haven't seen them in a long time. I think they got replaced or removed after the update that changed Hero NPC's from being hired/recruited in the taverns to being hired through the main town menu and through owning a fief when either inviting nobles to your court (Hero NPC Nobility) or to a hunt through village main menu (Hero NPC Nobility).

So ever since that update a lot of things have been made different, You might be able to "fix" that by using Morghs Editor or maybe using that editor to add a crusader class to branch off of an existing troop tree like Euro Mercs or the Iberian faction troops. However, if you used a faction specific troop tree to branch them off of, keep in mind that they would be used by all factions that use that troop setting so for instance the Iberian which is the Crusader States troop default, is also the Teutonic Order's Default and I believe the Vatican's (the Pope's faction) as well as some others not specifically christian. Your best bet would be to just branch them off of the Italian Merc troop tree, Thats what I did.

Also the troops themselves still exist withing the troops.txt so when you open up morghs editor just find them I think they start at like 87 or something and then keep their numbers in mind, then find the troop class you want them to branch off of, then at the top center of that editor, above the troop name bars there should be a couple of drop tabs for "upgrade path" just use those drop tabs to find the Crusader/Templar/Hospitaller ect troops you want that merc faction to branch out to then hit update and then save and boom, good to go. :smile:

they havent been removed. U have to either:
1. be vassal of crusader states and then u can hire them (with lance recruitment ofc) same way as u hire local mercenaries in the crusader cities.
2. have ur own manor and build monastery there so u can talk to npc there and invite holy order.

SirSlaughter357 said:
So ever since that update a lot of things have been made different, You might be able to "fix" that by using Morghs Editor or maybe using that editor to add a crusader class to branch off of an existing troop tree like Euro Mercs or the Iberian faction troops. However, if you used a faction specific troop tree to branch them off of, keep in mind that they would be used by all factions that use that troop setting so for instance the Iberian which is the Crusader States troop default, is also the Teutonic Order's Default and I believe the Vatican's (the Pope's faction) as well as some others not specifically christian. Your best bet would be to just branch them off of the Italian Merc troop tree, Thats what I did.
I'm not sure right now, but I those mercs would also "upgrade" in NPC parties as well. So that will cause crusaders to appear in many unrelated parties as well.

On a related topic - a random idea:
You know what be a funny way to annoy people? Make a script that detects if a crusader knight branches out of any of the troops and reequip him as a peasant. That would be amusing, especially since these dynamic reequipping would not be seen in the any of the troop editors(there they would be still knights).  :mrgreen:

the manor thingy seems pretty slow tho. I just tried it and after I had invited teutonic order and went to call them to arms, I got abt 5 cavarly units  :roll:
Tomas btw how many days I have to wait until I can invite more of them to my manor?

SirSlaughter357 said:
@TheShaman

Have you explored all conversation options. I think its under "I want to ask you something" tab or something like that. I wouldn't know to be honest, I've never experienced this problem before I've only messed with it once I think, it didn't really do anything for me. Personally I'd just prefer talking to one of the Christian Kings that I'm a vassal of and asking for leave to fight in the crusades then coming back a year or two later with a **** ton of money, renown and honor, and possibly, depending on how I want to shape my character; a wife and some land.

I have explored all the conversation options and i still cannot find the option. Also, how do I know if a crusade is already in progress? Can I join the crusade without being pledged to any ruler?

Back
Top Bottom