1257 AD F.A.Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

VlkaFenryka said:
Alright I'm having a bit of an issue. This is my favorite mod of ALL TIME, and I'm currently in the midst of my longest running character. So with all of that being said, I'm really starting to delve in to the mechanics provided and discovering all of the hard work and dedication poured into this mod. With companions that you get on the hunt though, I have a couple of questions. My village is Strabane in Ireland, and when I call a hunt only three guys show up. I believe I read that there are supposed to be 6, but I may be mistaken. Anyways, they are dressed in a somewhat Celtic fashion but have (Eastern European?) names that I would not call remotely Irish. Aside from those that can be recruited as "mercenary companions" from the lists in the town are these the only companions available to me? Okay last one, is there any way I can trade fiefdoms with another lord?

only 3  companions per every culture/religion  (christian, muslim, orthodox and pagan(?) ) = 12 in total + the mercenary companions from the list
the -minor- names issue can happen sometimes  :roll:

fladin said:
VlkaFenryka said:
Alright I'm having a bit of an issue. This is my favorite mod of ALL TIME, and I'm currently in the midst of my longest running character. So with all of that being said, I'm really starting to delve in to the mechanics provided and discovering all of the hard work and dedication poured into this mod. With companions that you get on the hunt though, I have a couple of questions. My village is Strabane in Ireland, and when I call a hunt only three guys show up. I believe I read that there are supposed to be 6, but I may be mistaken. Anyways, they are dressed in a somewhat Celtic fashion but have (Eastern European?) names that I would not call remotely Irish. Aside from those that can be recruited as "mercenary companions" from the lists in the town are these the only companions available to me? Okay last one, is there any way I can trade fiefdoms with another lord?

only 3  companions per every culture/religion  (christian, muslim, orthodox and pagan(?) ) = 12 in total + the mercenary companions from the list
the -minor- names issue can happen sometimes  :roll:

That must be what is happening. The companions available to me in Northern Ireland have clearly Baltic names. It's odd. Perhaps I should go take some territory in France and see if that helps? At the moment I have my one village but I could go tear up Normandy a bit and see what happens? Has anyone else had these issues?

EDIT: I just made a new character to check out mainland England and it's the same thing, at least as far as the names. The companions in Ireland wore Gaelic dress, and those in England wore aketons, but they still had Baltic names. This is odd to me, is there a way to fix it or anything? I'd even really be willing to start over, although that didn't help earlier. I know it sounds minuscule but it looks weird when all of my lieutenants are from across Europe.

For some reason my men don't have the option to move into a formation, like no menu is even available, and I cant' seem to find controls for them either. It's probably me derping out, but It's making me king of mad.

Penledor said:
Jason L. said:
Penledor said:
I recall in earlier versions that when l chose a heraldry; this appeared on my soldiers shield.  Now all l get is the circle over the soldiers head showing the heraldic symbol.  Is there a mod or an option to tick that gets this back?
Yes ! It can be found in the mod options , I think...... There is an option about historical customization of troops, or something, uncheck that.... it means that only nobles bear heraldic signs on their shields .....

Many thanks for the advice

Was this question adequately answered?  I do not believe the responses you received were referring to your actual question.

I am also having this problem.  The shields I see which ought to have heraldry on them **regardless of the type of soldier** as they show up having heraldry in my inventory - DO NOT have heraldry on them on the field.  This is a problem whether they are for my heroes or regular soldiers.  In game they show up with the green/black or red/black checker or they show up brown. 

But the heraldry is missing. 

Is there something I can mod in the game which can rectify this?

I would love all soldiers of any rank which have a shield capable or displaying heraldry to actually display it.

Many thanks in advance for any input or solutions to this problem.  I do not like to use the floating circles above my troops (distracts and non emmersive) and the heraldry not only looks cool as heck but also helps me distinguish between my own vs. enemy troops.  Thanks!

I serve Mamluk Sultanate. I don't want any negative morale bonuses due to cultural/religious clashes in my army (I had had a multicultural, multireligious army and my morale couldn't go above "above average" status, I had to pay for madames in every town I entered). So my question is: what troops can I hire? I guess every troop recruited in Mamluk Sultanate and Musilm Mercenaries. What else can I hire? Can I hire just any muslim troop?

I shouldn't hire Christians and other Europeans like Balts. Right?

And btw: Are those characters from the "Recruit Mercenary Companions" option all characters I can hire? I can't believe there is no muslim monk or somebody with healing skills. I have hired an orthodox monk, but... brave mujahideens, true islamic warriors, defenders of the land of Allach from those dirty unbelievers called crusaders and a christian monk? Imam would be much better! I also need a muslim pathfinder.

You can also "invite local nobles" if you have fiefs. Then if you get another fief from different geographical area those might yield another three. Usually the trio has 2 would-be lancers and one infantry.

Sal_TheConqueror said:
What does

"Invite a crusade part " or whatever .. in manors do ?

Overall a great mod would recommend it to everyone :grin:
Lets you build an Order chapter. Which gives you small amount of order troops in your retinue.

Hello!

Somewhere I heard that you can serve in Lord's army as a Knight. :eek: How can i do that? Do I need to have high renown? High skills or something else?

Thanks!

GREAT mod btw  :wink:

Is there any way to reduce lag on the campaign map? I like fast-travelling and I find the lag-spikes distracting.

TheGME said:
Is there any way to reduce lag on the campaign map? I like fast-travelling and I find the lag-spikes distracting.
Well, of course you can, NASA computer should be enought to eliminate lag  :grin: Now seriously, M&B is not designed for such big terrains, large numbers of NPCs etc. Would lag even on fastest PC on the world :wink: It's still lower than most of huge mods :wink:

When I go to camp, there's this option called "Manage Party's Inventory" and when I click this there's a screen like the one at the end of a battle. Is this just the items that my party keeps for me when my inventory space runs out, or is this something else?

Swadius 2.0 said:
When I go to camp, there's this option called "Manage Party's Inventory" and when I click this there's a screen like the one at the end of a battle. Is this just the items that my party keeps for me when my inventory space runs out, or is this something else?

There's an option at the end of every battle that says let NPCs take the rest of the items, along those lines. It acts as more inventory space for your party, and you can even autosell the items in that inventory so you don't have to click & drag.

Any way to get an annulment? I'm somewhat tired of having a wife hang around my towns, judging me whenever I hold conference with my counselors.

For anyone wondering, the paintings on the title screen and loading screens are from the Morgan Bible, which is believed to have been made around 1250.

I just found this out today, hopefully others will find the knowledge useful.

Kind of unusual, I know, but there was an acapella track that used to be on the mod that I'm quite fond of.  It's no longer there.  If anyone knows the title that'd be great.

It can be found here, titled "AD 1257 (OST) - Norway #2":  http://muzofon.com/search/OST%201257

Back
Top Bottom