Graphics and scenes Problems/Feedback/Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Milvath said:
Running Floris Expanded with DX9 (haven't tried DX7) and all characters happen to have a different body tan than the face,it looks as if they went to the beach with a thick paper bag on their faces and layed under the sun for a month to get a guido body tan, anyone else has this issue and/or found a solution?

Found this through searching, these forums are kind of a nightmare to navigate and search through.  This is plaguing me as well as I spend about half my game time it seems sparring/training my troops, and seeing the horribly discolored head/body comparison is obnoxious.  Is there a fix for this anywhere?  75% of the heads are a completely different shade/color than the body, so I can't even use most the faces.

I know that the tent of doom. It's scaring, so I just deleted that tent's collisions and meshs and now I have no problem to play with my old notebook pc. Those are in [arabian_props.brf] file and you can open and delete it using Openbrf. Also I guess you can delete those flowers or trees but I dont know which is which.

If I experience battle freezes what floris pack should I use ? my specs -
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/25/2014, 11:49:36
      Machine name: MASHINA
  Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421)
          Language: English (Regional Setting: Bulgarian)
System Manufacturer: MSI
      System Model: MS-7506
              BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+,  MMX,  3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
            Memory: 2048MB RAM
          Page File: 667MB used, 3271MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINXP
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 8600 GT
        DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
      Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0401&SUBSYS_22861682&REV_A1
  Display Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
  Driver Version: 6.14.0012.7061 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 4/8/2011 07:14:00, 4111232 bytes

You need more RAM and maybe a little more processing power (but I think that should be enough--Floris uses a lot of on-going scripts in combat though). If you can't upgrade the RAM you should use the Floris Basic pack. It has the least changes especially with graphics.

If it's still stuttering/freezing during combat in Floris Basic, reduce your ragdolls, shadows and battle size.

Hanakoganei said:
You need more RAM and maybe a little more processing power (but I think that should be enough--Floris uses a lot of on-going scripts in combat though). If you can't upgrade the RAM you should use the Floris Basic pack. It has the least changes especially with graphics.

If it's still stuttering/freezing during combat in Floris Basic, reduce your ragdolls, shadows and battle size.

thank you man I will do this, Floris is my favourite mod, I tried Silverstag and others but this one I like the most - simple and cool.Go Go war Elephants ! Haha

I found some info about what you were saying, look how nicely done!

Introduction

Welcome to the Floris Mod Pack. This is a combination of a lot of good mods created by the community, bringing them all together and enhancing your gameplay experience.

Originally this pack started as a side project of my After Action Report (AAR) Me, Floris, but soon it had grown into a very full package in its own right. Due to all the different mods and features this pack has grown quite large in size, and asks a lot from your computer. To make Floris available to as much people as possible, we made several different versions:

Basic: This is just Native gameplay with some added music, sounds and items. If want to play Native with a little extra, this version is the one for you!
        Gameplay: This version is a downgraded version of Expanded, allowing people with lower computer specifications to still experience Floris.
        Expanded: This version contains everything Floris has to offer.
        Dev Suite: If you're a modder yourself and you'd wish to fiddle with Floris, this is what you need: the source and all resources you'll need to build your own version(s).

I now know which version of Floris to choose, I will play gameplay version :grin:

Hanakoganei said:

2GB RAM here, 2.10GHz Processor - You may even play Floris Expanded, changing to Dx7 and lowering some graphic options, as quoted above.

Yeah, it's a potato.

I already post it in bug report but then i see this post

--------------------------------------------
Mount & Blade - Warband v 1.158
Mod Floris Gameplay v 2.55
--------------------------------------------

Invisible Dungeon Building in " ismirala castle " vaegirs ^-^
lIwZaoA.jpg

I have black or transparent textures on the world map when running full screen. If i Alt+Enter and run windowed then everything looks good.
I use the full version of Floris and DX9. I haven't had this issue when playing M&B Warband 1.158 (Yes, I did a fresh install to version 1.153 before installing this mod).
63OnSGR.jpg

And then Alt+Enter to windowed and everything looks good.
After another Alt+Enter without moving or doing anything else it looks like this.
Qtm8NJn.jpg
EDIT: Sometimes it works flawlessly though and sometimes ex Praven or my horse and character disappears.

Problem with Vyincourd Castle's prison, I can't speak to the lord who's imprisoned in there as there's a jail door separating me and the lord, thus I can't rescue him.

I've been looking around at other mods and your mod simply is the best currently. Other mods have lots of bugs and issues. Your mod has a few bugs but they're easy to miss.
just.. wow.
great job, I only wish words were enough to inspire you to continue operations.

Found a scene error in Tilabut Castle: there is no dungeon entrance at all.
Found this out while doing a rescue prisoner mission, looked all around the castle, not a single entrance to the dungeon, other than interacting with the dungeon keeper. And due to the mission, the only way to get the keys to free the prisoner is to kill said dungeon keeper, thus making the quest impossible, and being a general scene error.
Screenshots:
90178764cd08aa2e0662511aa3ab2846.png

Dungeon Keeper (left) and Surgeon Unit (right)

01784f7d72f5fb7e1089f7a208a53a28.png

Castle's Keep, where you end up spawning after you exit the dungeon, for some reason.

d2f1a1d5a656d4af0848bbad408a6a4f.png

Inside of dungeon, with NPC I have to rescue shown on the right.

One of the female face textures needs fixing ASAP - the first, "default" one in the character creation.

7a5b7afc0c.png

Those eyebrows go way, waaaay too much to the sides. It really bugs me out.

EDIT: I'm using Expanded v. 2.55 if it really matters.

So I just installed Gameplay 2.55 (having been playing 2.54 for some time), started a new game and picked up an issue with the arenas and gates leading into towns. Now this isn't game breaking, no crashes or anything but it is frustrating.
Firstly arenas: when entering the arena from town menu (for melees etc) there is no arena just a large open field with the arena master and two fighting soldiers. Tournament arenas load normally in TPE but the same thing occurs under native settings so I'm assuming that something didn't download properly? I've seen a few other posts about the problem but no solutions offered.

Secondly gates to many but not all towns (Veluca is fine but Uxkhal and Ergellon Castle are both affected) are essentially invisible but have physical properties and visible features like portcullis chains, banners etc. I can't walk through them and enemies can stand on them yet there are no errors or glitches..
kdJ7bp.jpg

(Ergellon Castle)

For detail I'm on 1.158, tried Load textures on demand off and on (normally on) and rgl_log isn't returning any unusual errors.. any help much appreciated.

It likely downloaded properly but your textures have failed to load. It happens on some setups with big mods sometimes. I had that issue with another mod, with the entire interior of the building not being there.

Try re-entering that same scene to see if the problem persists.

Both problems occur consistently without fail, and I've since found the arena one also affects the quest where you duel another lord.
This never happened in 2.54 and I can't but wonder if this is the result of a change of script somewhere not properly directing to the native arena material.
I don't really know what to look for.. I don't understand how the gate gets its visual so I don't know what to do next besides just playing on with it :/
It affects new saves too so the problem isn't a corruption there..

Hmm. Try copying the Resources and Textures folders from 2.54 into 2.55. Skip all the duplicated files and make sure it only copies the files that weren't already there.

You can also check the module.ini files to see what's different. Theoretically there should be no real difference since the changes between 2.54 and 2.55 don't seem to include any resources/textures, but you never know. Uploaders are only human, etc.

Thanks, I had tried Textures earlier (there were a couple missing), hadn't thought of Resources but they were fine. Gave me the idea to check the other folders and SceneObj seems to be the cause of the arena problem, it had all the arena.alternate files for each city but not the standard arena.sco..
There were also a few others missing but that hasn't solved the gate issue which got me thinking; that section obviously derives from several texture models: portcullis chain, banner etc and has the framework information so it must just be one element missing.. but I don't know which file compiles that data?
I'm going to try and find the castle.sco that fits ergellon and see if that narrows it down any..
You were right about there being no differences between the module.ini files as well.

Turns out that while the arenas thing was a new problem to 2.55, the gatehouses were invisible in 2.54 as well but I never noticed.
Having gone into edit mode, the one apparently affected is gate_house_b. It is fine in Native but in Floris.. well you've seen the picture.
It's weird, both the collision data and the missing textures are in wall_meshes1.brf in the CommonRes folder so what is going on?

Think I have too much time on my hands :/

SOLVED :grin: Final post!
Looked in scene_props.txt in Floris Module folder and found the line:
"spr_gate_house_b 0 0 vaegir_gate_house_b bo_gate_house_b 0"

figured it didn't look right, changed to:

"spr_gate_house_b 0 0 gate_house_b bo_gate_house_b 0"

Problem solved. Not sure what happened in the first place,know it wasn't my hand that caused it :/

Thanks for your help before, forced me to learn something and now have a renewed respect for anyone modding this game!

Back
Top Bottom