• Yes

Votes: 80 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 37.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

xPearse

Sergeant Knight
Ok another one because some people need some help with modding mount and blade and then I did this to help them out, abdoul in particular wanted to know how to add an item to the game and I did this for him as he couldn't find out how to do it himself.

Tutorial

Adding a weapon/item to mount and blade​

This will differ depending on what you want to add but for the purpose of this tutorial I am adding a weapon. When adding items it is always best to base it off another item so you should copy another items entry and edit it accordingly.

Here is my entry for a ghurka knife

["ghurka_knife", "Ghurka Knife", [("GhurkaKnife",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn|itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_secondary|itp_no_parry, itc_dagger, 13 , weight(1.75)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(130) | weapon_length(60)|swing_damage(30 , cut) | thrust_damage(40 , pierce),imodbits_none ],

Below are image's showing you what is what

After you have done this for your item then it should be in the game the next time you load it up, for an easy way to see your item ingame use the troop editor (Found on taleworlds forum) and give yourself the item.

Here is the link to the troop editor as it's very useful when you want to test out your items quickly.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,34154.0.html

If there was anything that I did wrong or did not cover then please tell me so and then I'll edit it, if you need any help with mount and blade then just give me a hollar and I'll do my best to help you out.

Best Regards xPearse

Also, Id personally prefer adding the codes into your post via code tags, rather than the pics, or do both. Not that it's bad, but would be coo'. Anyways, good tut! :smile:

Well images help people out the best, most of the time though but how do you add the code using tags. I have never done that before so I don't know how to, thanks anyhow.

Well I thought that was best to do since those who are new to modding mount and blade really wouldn't know what they're doing, glad people find this useful.

You create a brf using open brf and add your item into it from an obj format for static or smd for rigged. Check in the resource folder of a mod or the commonres folder for native for the brf files.

Subaathar said:
I found it very usefull, thanks!

Im glad you did, a guy asked me how to add an item into the module system as he couldn't find any tutorials on the forum which was a shame because you would think since it's release that someone would have already done this but it's not that hard so that's probably why and then I did this for him so he could then add his own weapons.

Thank you for this tutorial :smile:

I have a problem though, I copied an item, and changed its texture.

in module_items.py I have:

Code:
["tribal_warrior_outfit2", "WL outfit", [("wl_warrior_outfit",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs|itp_civilian ,0,
 0 , weight(14)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(30)|leg_armor(10)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],

in module_scripts.py I have:

Code:
 (call_script, "script_multiplayer_set_item_available_for_troop", "itm_tribal_warrior_outfit2", "trp_swadian_crossbowman_multiplayer"),

In module.ini I have:

Code:
load_mod_resource = NotW

and finally I have a brf file named "NotW" in the resources folder, with a mesh named:  "wl_warrior_outfit"

But for some reason, it won't show up in the item selection screen!  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

DirtyMorth

Well I don't really know how to help you our or even seeing what's wrong as I only mod M&B and not warband so I don't really know. Try asking in the modding q&a.

Water Hazard said:
How do i add an description to an weapon? btw awesome tutorial! XD

Thanks for that but I don't know how or if you can add a description to an item, first time I have heard of that. Try in the modding Q&A.

Does this same method work for Warband?  Also, I assume any needed graphics links are identical to the cloned weapon, correct?

Similar but it may be different, just apply what's here to warband. Also yea make you have your materials, meshes and such set up.

Well, I like to have "Jesus" weapons, so I thought I'd make myself a nice OP metal bow. I check the cheat menu items list, and it isn't there. I'm no stranger to modding, I've been messing with stuff since I was a wee little babby, but is there some sort of .cfg or .ini I didn't edit? Using Floris Modpack, if that has anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom