V0.10 WishList

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
What would you like to see in V0.10, either new stuffs or improvments or whatever.
A reminder: I am not in IA stuff, mostly in adding RPG like features, and heavily world interactions ones.

Examples, not limited to:
new skills (like bee-tending, farming, butchering, skinning...), improving neandertals, improving existing system (like random events in epidemics or else), adding a "extreme weather" system, and so on.

Your turn :smile:

Oh well: a board of quests board.
It would propose randomized quests. Maybe you would have to pay to have access to it.
These quests would not be tied to jarls or war or whatever, but more tied to "everypeople / everyday kind of things.

But I have an issue with the kind of randomized quests, in order to make them interesting, and diverse enough.

- Kill some looters, sea raiders, or whatever generic type of baddies.
- Kill some "named" bad guys and its gang of whatever. These would be spawned specifically for the quest.
- get a message to someone : the farther, and the faster, the better payment for the player.

any ideas ?

I like the idea of a quest board. It would be interesting to have named bandit leaders, with a much larger group of bandits + a few new elite bandit units under their command. Give the leaders unique eq with a chance to drop as loot maybe.

I really like the idea of the shamanism tree. It could be fleshed out alot and given more character by being expanded on as a text based adventure. Give players another way to win by outsmarting or interacting the spirits rather than just fighting. An owl spirit might respect a high intelligence. Use the bard skill to soothe the savage beast inside the wolf or bear spirit. A fox spirit might ask wily riddles. Maybe you don't find an animal spirit, but sense something wrong in your dream, and have to navigate through little text descriptions to escape, or solve the puzzle?

Message carrying quests have never been super fun, maybe have a chance to be intercepted by assassins or a band of rogue knights? Or have the item being delivered good enough to tempt the player to keep, and should it be kept, the player would have a bounty placed on their heads.

This may already be in to some degree, but I would like to see the looting skill increase the number of arrows/bolts retrieved after battle.
In the same vein, maybe have the riding skill increase the number of horses received after a battle, complementary w/ looting.

More options to end an epidemic. Don't have medical skills, don't care about honor? Kill the sick and burn the corpses.
Perhaps end it quicker by delivering an expensive medicine, obtainable through quest reward, or bought at a high price.
Make it tempting to use the medicine for the player instead, maybe it can heal wounded allies?

Whatever you decide to do, thanks for creating and working so hard on such a great mod! It reminds me of the discovery and excitement of my early days playing mount and blade more than six years ago, discovering what lay beyond Zendar.

Might it also be possible to have a skill/investment/construction that would lower the number of days between using gathering points? An entire month seems a bit tedious (to me at least).

Did you choose the option, when you travel, to explore the surroundings, from your camp strategic options ? It vastly increases the chance to discover random temporary gathering sites. And the option to construct mines and lumberjacking camps do exist, although it will increase the amount of gathered items, but not decrease the time between gathering (well, it could be an effect too...)

I have discovered quite a few, I guess the problem is more me being a greedy turtle than anything else. Sticking close by my monarch's last city =P

By the by, kings and marshalls seem awfully fond of summoning the player to cities that are un-enterable due to epidemics. All the npc's are fine with this, but I can never join.

Bee-Tending, Farming, Butchering, Skinning?
Sounds like my kind of RPG heaven right there!  :mrgreen:
I was also thinking, maybe a courtship skill? Getting poems and doing things for the lady would make the skill rise, of course. Better courtship skill means faster courting and better rewards.
Now, I know religion is a tripwire subject to talk of, but maybe a skill for it? Building churches/mosques/shrines, donating to the church, helping out pious folk and praying would increase the skill, which could lead to the Gods rewarding you with something (maybe you find expensive medicine to cure a plague or a unique weapon). Of course, the best thing would be to make a universal religion to please everyone, and make it generic (Calradian Gods or something), but different religions could offer different things and better relations with that factions, maybe even making that factions units fight harder and being able to obtain religious warriors. Dunno, finicky subject that I don't want to start and argument over.
Besides the skills you mentioned above, maybe a pressing skill to make oil and wine. Better skill means better oil and wine, and more oil and wine.

Sseatris said:
I have discovered quite a few, I guess the problem is more me being a greedy turtle than anything else. Sticking close by my monarch's last city =P

By the by, kings and marshalls seem awfully fond of summoning the player to cities that are un-enterable due to epidemics. All the npc's are fine with this, but I can never join.
Im thinking that may be possible to fix by adding a check to the menu that reroutes the player to another variation, when this quest (i think) is active. Could actually be used to nicely add to the atmosphere - "As you show the guard the kings (lords) letter, he gives you a sad look, opens the gates and waves you in. The stink of decay and sight of bodies along the way to the castle would worry you, if you were not so busy keeping your meal within the constraints of your stomach"

As for suggestions:
A couple of new buildings could be introduced to compliment some of the features - a shrine for spirits, a bathhouse against epidemics, etc

Building guild in owned towns? Or somehow seducing existing guilds there?
It's kind of strange to me when the desert towns have lumbering guild and the ones next to the woods don't.

The ability to train and equip "custom" troops.  The idea works like this:

The player crafts "equipment packs".  These are the various sets of equipment for soldiers, each set is enough to equip 5 soldiers.  For example, the "Light Infantry" equipment pack would equip 5 light infantry.  The equipment is standardized, ie mass-produced, but the equipment for individual units can vary, since leftover iron might be used to give a soldier a set of gauntlets, for example.  Or a solder might be missing a helmet because the player ran out of iron in the crafting process.  The overall quality of the equipment pack would determine whether soldiers are likely to get more or less equipment than expected.  This is represented by various options in the troops file (such as whether troops are guaranteed helmets, or offering multiple options for weapons).  In reality, the troop options don't allow a guarantee of equipment, but rather a selection from a list.  Higher quality equipment is represented by a higher quality list, with the five soldiers principle being a justification and a "it'll look right, mostly" sort of thing.

It would likely involve mutiple skills, as leatherworking would be necessary for non-metal armor and woodworking would be needed for ranged weapons.  It would be best to have a system where multiple skills could be used, but a short-term solution would be to place the "Light Infantry" packs in Leatherworking, the "Heavy Infantry" packs in Smithing, and the "Archers" and "Crossbowmen" into Woodworking.  The short-term solution would represent the player creating extras of whatever their good at to sell for what they are not (for example, the player creating "archer" equipment packs makes enough bows and arrows for the 5 soldiers, and extras to trade with other guild members for non-wooden equipment), or the items not using the skill are represent what the peasants bring with them.  Ultimately, it would be nice to have a system that would take all three skills into consideration, to represent the player crafting everything.  So the player could then have archers with cuir boir armor and sabers, for example.

This just creates the equipment.  The player also has to train the recruits.  I imagine the player would hire recruits from the village and give them the equipment, with perhaps a new option at the village/town "Equip custom troops", where the player could chose what type of troops to outfit.  The game could use their group's training skill to determine the outcome.  I'm indifferent as to whether or not the player in fact needs to own the recruit location, but it might be a good idea to require ownership, as this mod seems to be lacking in the "playing as a noble" development.  Perhaps the player might even be able to purchase low-quality equipment packs if they own a town.

One difficulty is that the game would have to track the training of the troops and their equipment seperately in the troops design and upgrade path.  So that it is possible to have both highly-trained but poorly equipped troops and highly-equipped but poorly trained troops.

This idea would also work in conjunction with the horse training stuff that others have mentioned, for mounted troops.

This sounds interesting. May I summarize this like :
Player crafts equipments packs (distance = woodworking, light = leather crafting , heavy = smithing)
He then goes in towns/villages and recruits "peasants".
He equips them with the packs.
Once they have the pack, they become some special troops, and follow a development path alike the one that already exists, or almost:
rookie light infantry, light intantry, veteran light intantry, guard light infantry, and so on.

Do I understand well ?

@Seirun. Indeed, guilds are totally randomized, I could have a look into this. As for building guilds, it sounds good. What would be the benefit of it , beside renown and money?

I am afraid the player will end up having to much money, and money is great to keep the world and the interest going (halas....)

I did make this suggestion over on the Freelancer board, which is made by Taragoth. It's originally tailored for Freelancer's soldier-instead-of-lord system, but portions of it could be adapted for Rigale.

Cernunos said:
@Seirun. Indeed, guilds are totally randomized, I could have a look into this. As for building guilds, it sounds good. What would be the benefit of it , beside renown and money?

I am afraid the player will end up having to much money, and money is great to keep the world and the interest going (halas....)

Well, aside from being accessible -just finished a long session with one of the guilds completely missing- they could add special bonuses.
Most of them would probably just boost economy with their respective products.

But perhaps hospitals could reduce the rate of an epidemic, shorten or even cure a party for a considerable sum. Could also give a small "clinic" to the villages and a bigger one to castles. Sounds reasonable, since the towns that have been hit by an epidemic suffered a lot, especially soldierwise. A hospital should be able to save most of the ill or at least a large part.

A bard guild could boost the morale of a party or could be used to start up a festival, tournament, maybe a feast they can sweeten with their performance (or sour it).
A herborist, hunting, fishing and/or cooking guilds could make the food stock last somewhat longer in case of a siege.
The explorer guild could help housing the troops (no idea about that yet). Also give occasional quests that could be tied to those ancient temples and libraries.
The guilds could also each give a small bonus to the frequency of fairs in a town.

Of course if a player builds a guild they would have to take a larger hit in the short run that would come back in the long run.
Building/maintaining the guild until the masters settle in and exempting them from taxes for a while.
I'm not sure I would say a year because the most I've played was ten years. Don't know if that's short or long, the updates come in fast and I'm easily distracted.
Also the building and maintaining could be tied to other resources and not money. Wood, iron (stone could be a secondary resource at a mining site), food/drinks.
And the higher the player's level in the skill the faster they get to work (less time they to maintain it). Or the whole building could be tied to the skill level; not rank because if you don't find a guild you cannot rank up at all.
A quest for introducing a guild to Calradia if the player is a high level despite no such guild being present in the known world.

Cernunos said:
This sounds interesting. May I summarize this like :
Player crafts equipments packs (distance = woodworking, light = leather crafting , heavy = smithing)
He then goes in towns/villages and recruits "peasants".
He equips them with the packs.
Once they have the pack, they become some special troops, and follow a development path alike the one that already exists, or almost:
rookie light infantry, light intantry, veteran light intantry, guard light infantry, and so on.

Do I understand well ?

Basically yes.  However, the quality of the equipment pack should determine what starting troops are given.  Low quality start as rookie, standard quality start as standard, and high quality start as veteran.  Also, because of the extra effort involved by the player, I'd like to see the troops at the peak of what is currently available.  So the crossbows should be similar to Rhodok crossbows, the knights should be similar to Swabian Knights, etc.

Perhaps we should go the F&S route?

First off, we have the Basic line:
Basic (Recruit) ->Basic (Militia) -> Basic (Trained) -> Basic (Veteran) -> Basic (Elite)

Then we have our other lines.
Infantry (Recruit) -> Infantry (Militia) -> etc
Archer
Crossbowman
Crossbowman
Cavalry
Mounted Archer
Mounted Crossbowman
And so on.

The basic line is just that, troops without any military equipment, give them clothes at the very least. Then you'd have to craft (or purchase) equipment. Instead of complete kits, you'd get several different goods. Armor (Leather and Metal) and Weapons (Swords, Spears, Maces, Picks, Bows, Crossbows, etc). They'd be stored as goods (#/# like tools currently are), with each one being able to equip one basic troop.

So to recruit 20 crossbowmen, at the very least you'd need 20 Basic troops, 1 20/50 crossbow good (Quivers are thrown in), 1 20/50 armor good (Either leather or metal), 1 20/50 of a melee weapon good. Cavalry are harder to equip, requiring one horse for each man, but since Cavalry > All, I'd say you get your money's worth.

If you used 20 Basic (recruit) troops, you'd get 20 Crossbowmen(recruit). If you used 20 Basic(Veteran) troops, you'd get 20 Crossbowmen(Veteran). A Crossbowman(R) has the same equipment as a Crossbowman(V), but their skill are different. A Crossbowman(R) can rank up to a Crossbowman(V) with enough experience.

How many different lines you need depends on how many different types of troops you want to allow; i.e. you want to specify different troops such as spearmen, macemen, mounted crossbowmen with X melee weapon, spearmen with throwing weapons, metal or leather armor, etc.

Another thing was whether to allow you to take their equipment back (Changing them back to the basic line of equal rank) and re-equip them. To balance this out somewhat, you'd only get a portion of their equipment back (Or none at all), and equipment is very heavy (Reducing your map speed).

That is more awesome that I could have ever imagined.

Cernunos said:
But then, they would not improve and gain levels, if the crafted equipment quality sets the standard ?...

For my simplied idea, the crafted items don't set the standard, but instead set the start level.  Kind of like how you can recruit Veteran Spearmen in certain villages in this mod, quality equipment would let you recruit the custom troops as tier three.

But I like Blaze's idea better, if possible.

Back
Top Bottom