camping

Users who are viewing this thread

would it be possible to setup a camp to heal troops faster than just standing or walking around? for when you can't be bothered to go to town...
it could require more food stocks, or you'd end up with no horses!!!
(can i eat my soldiers horses? :wink: )

Orion said:
when you do that, how long does it last you? I wanna know so I can go buy a bunch of lame sumpter horses and eat them.

It's basically the same as dried meat

Berny said:
mmmmmmm Horse on a stick smotherd in frog sauce

yummy :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Surely you should have the option to eat just one leg off each horse. Horses should manage fine on three. You could have a small deduction in party speed, plus it would confuse the hell out of enemy trackers checking the number of hoof prints.

Still think that campsites would be a great addition. Especially if our own campsites could be raided and we could raid the camps of our enemies.

It could become a really cool little minigame. You and you band of adventurers are caught way out in the wilds.

Select the camp option from the menu at the bottom of the campaign map.

Camp or autocamp? This would be an a or b choice.

A. Select camp if you want to deploy your own camp setup.
B. Select autocamp if you want to save time and have the computer deploy for you

If for instance you knew that there was a whole bunch of dark riders on your tail the you would select "Camp". You would deploy your resources defensively. If when you camped there was nothing near (that you could see) you would just auto camp and take the risk.

Select campsite:

A random battle map appears on the screen, you look at the site for defensive potential. If it looks good you accept that map and move to camp deployment phase.

If you don't like that particular map you can select another or one more. Three choices. If you get to the third map - that's the one you get.

Camp deployment Phase:

You have various camp resources depending on the size and equipment of your party.

You have an interface that lets you drop your resources on the map. Tents, camp fires, baggage caravan, horses, torches & guard posts.

You then allocate guards at various points

OK all that and then see what the night brings.

Encounter phase:

Most times I guess that nothing would happen. Other times you will get attacked. Sometimes there might be false alarms. Sometimes it could be a bear or a pack of hungry wolves)

Battle phase:

If your camp was attacked then depending on the perception skills of your designated guards and the stealth skills (and tactics) of your enemy you would get varying degrees of warning. For instance you have Borcha and Marnid on guard duty you've trained them up so they're good. You get plenty of warning to rouse your troops and get some armour on.

If you put a bunch of peasants on watch. The first alarm you'd get was the scream of dying guards and the pounding of hooves. i.e. no time to prepare.

Of course you'd be able to sneak up and raid enemy camps and catch them unprepared too.

--

I think a minigame like that would add a whole new dimension to the game.

A bigger world map and a stat for endurance would probably be necessary to make the whole thing worth doing. For instance you and your party and horses could possibly go for three days without rest but the you need to camp to recover if there were no nearby settlements.

The longer you travelled without rest the slower your party would move and the weaker your troops would get. It would become something to think about, a strategy, use of resources and risk in its own right.

That's how I'd like to see camping implemented - or something like that.

Hey i agree fully to Gonz. Quite exactly what i was thinking about, especially the sneaking around. I know alot of people here want my head for supporting thieving around, but maybe can use it to steal horses from enemy or stab some of them in their sleep to cripple their forces. And if there is going to be castle battle, you can sneak in to open the gates(Think Troy!). Then using of daggers will be good for silent kills.
Options are many. Dont limit yourself. And dont kill me.

Wonderful ideas Gonz! I would love to stand behind some stakes with a loaded crossbow, staring in the dark.

By M&B 3 I think that if your battleparty had enough time and resources you should be able to deploy some kind of battlefield defences. Stakes in the ground etc.

Worbah said:
Orion said:
when you do that, how long does it last you? I wanna know so I can go buy a bunch of lame sumpter horses and eat them.

It's basically the same as dried meat

Yet I can't seem to ride my dried meat. Hmm, I'll try the sack of flour next.

Nairagorn said:
Good idea, and one that's be suggested many many times  :wink:

And you can eat any horse, you just gotta put it into your food slot.

LOL i never knew that now i dont gota waste money on dried beef eat horses of my enemys :mad:

and yes its a very good idea some times i find my self to far away from a town to heal oh and maybe bandits,sea raiders, could ambush you in your camp

Back
Top Bottom