• Yes!

Votes: 676 88.3%
  • No!

Votes: 45 5.9%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 45 5.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars is a really really great game... but as many others has said the only thing that's pulling it down is the lack of singleplayer so i want to make a poll to see if people want a singleplayer campaign for Napoleonic wars.
And hopefully the Taleworlds company will see this and spend some money to make it. :grin:

Check out L'Aigle on the module developement forum. Looks really great if you're looking for a Napoleonic single-player mod.

I was thinking of making something simple like an SP version for NW (as mod) I'm just looking for some texturing guys, because I think we can mainly just re-texture current uniforms. :wink:

for those interested in singleplayer:

how exactly should it be? as in, should it be mostly free-form, like vanilla? Should it all be scripted?

should there be a campaign that you have to follow...?

are you a soldier or a commander?

hard-coded events or randomness?

I am not trying to denigrate modders, but some things are beyond the time and ability of private folk to do. That is why most mods are multiplayer, since all they have to do is mod different units and weapons and graphics and maps.

But it's the other things that really make a singleplayer game. There's a great deal behind the scenes that I do not think most of us who are pushing for singleplayer are thinking about.

I voted "Maybe," because it would be nice if a singleplayer came along, but I have my doubts it would be what we would hope for.

I'd kill for a single player version, but I have no idea how the hell it'd be played. If we stuck with Native style, we'd have massive lines of infantry randomly marching around the land, accosting locals on their way to the market.

That, or roving bands of artillery crews who deserted. I'm sure no one would mind having a loaded cannon pointed at their spawn point.

Well... i think they are actually making a singleplayer for NW right now.. cuz as you may have seen there has been some time since the latest update... so.. i dunno i might be wrong, but hopefully that's what they are working at :3

jros83 said:
for those interested in singleplayer:

how exactly should it be? as in, should it be mostly free-form, like vanilla? Should it all be scripted?

should there be a campaign that you have to follow...?

are you a soldier or a commander?

hard-coded events or randomness?

I am not trying to denigrate modders, but some things are beyond the time and ability of private folk to do. That is why most mods are multiplayer, since all they have to do is mod different units and weapons and graphics and maps.

But it's the other things that really make a singleplayer game. There's a great deal behind the scenes that I do not think most of us who are pushing for singleplayer are thinking about.

I voted "Maybe," because it would be nice if a singleplayer came along, but I have my doubts it would be what we would hope for.
hmmm i think that it should be like every other mount and blade games that you can either choose to fight for a kingdom of make ur own kingdom and all the other stuffs whit marshals and such... im not quite sure how cannons or engineers would work here.. but im sure taleworlds can figure out some nifty ideas :smile:

Is it really that hard to use the content of the Napoleonic Wars DLC and make a Single Player campain to it? It musnt be very fancy, just a map with some cities to run around in and take over. Skip the cannons and engineers if thats hard to fix. No problem. Its all fine with that other L'AIGLE mod, but as i understand they have started from scratch and makes new textures and so on. I say that is unnecessary when we already have all that in this DLC. The only thing we need is the map and some scripting. And if it as someone already have said, that there is a single player mode implemented then why not activtae it?

Thats all from me. Over and out. Hope you excuse me for my bad English.

I would love to see this happen.  In a perfect world I'd love to have both a sandbox mode like vanilla warband, and a campaign mode even if the campaign mode was just a series of famous battles with cutscenes or text and drawings between battles to give a flow to it.  Just my wishful thinking I'd be happy with whatever they put together. :3

hello I'm a new user, I'm learning english and I can do some mistakes sorry. I would like to suggest 2 ideas maybe they will be good. first the map of Europe 1800 and the modality as to be native like war band.
The second idea is: start like a normal person who begins to recruit an army of peasant soldiers who later become experts  and decide  to create their own nation or follow  Russia, France etc...
I hope I was clear on what is my idea
bye  and I look forward to receiving comments

Back
Top Bottom