Votes: 45 5.9%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 45 5.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

HawkTheDude said:
jros83 said:
for those interested in singleplayer:

how exactly should it be? as in, should it be mostly free-form, like vanilla? Should it all be scripted?

should there be a campaign that you have to follow...?

are you a soldier or a commander?

hard-coded events or randomness?

I am not trying to denigrate modders, but some things are beyond the time and ability of private folk to do. That is why most mods are multiplayer, since all they have to do is mod different units and weapons and graphics and maps.

But it's the other things that really make a singleplayer game. There's a great deal behind the scenes that I do not think most of us who are pushing for singleplayer are thinking about.

I voted "Maybe," because it would be nice if a singleplayer came along, but I have my doubts it would be what we would hope for.
hmmm i think that it should be like every other mount and blade games that you can either choose to fight for a kingdom of make ur own kingdom and all the other stuffs whit marshals and such... im not quite sure how cannons or engineers would work here.. but im sure taleworlds can figure out some nifty ideas :smile:

A NW era soldier did not CHOOSE to fight.

He was forced....
Anyway id like to like begin as a revolutionary civilian in the french revolution and then start building the empire :grin: As Napoleon did you know experience the battle :smile:

I Really want a single player... I am actually really annoyed at the fact that I purchased a multiplayer expansion... although its a little fun and something new but why should I have to play online with a bunch of other M&B drug addicts who play 24/7. When I should be able to take my time, enjoy commanding an AI army, taking over cities and forts, letting my soldiers pillage & rape, the usual =D

Though it also concerns me that only european nations are put on this game... whereas the important Ottoman Empire, the American rebels, The Chinese splintered empire, the Afghan guerillas, possibly even the barbary & italian states.

I personally want to have a single player version of this game, with all these 18th century weapons/armor/nations and all the latest new tricks, like warcry, no aim zooming, crouching, etc...

But, I want to continue the good old stuff and bring in some new stuff. I want to lead a group of milita and armed citizens to take over a city and form the People's Communist Party (although this was done in the 1900's =D). Form a republic of some sort, gain commerce from trading weapons and stuff.

Pillaging armed caravans and villages, slaughtering innocent villagers and burning their houses down! or smashing the enemy to pieces (literally, a big bloody mess) using artillery.

Those of you who want to stay in multiplayer... thats fine, but dont you dare try to stop the developers from making a SP mode. some of us dont have the time or the laziness to sit on our arses all day, playing M&B.

beside that:

I have a few ideas i'd like the developers to possibly look at.

1> customising your nations uniform/weapons/horses (so that all soldiers can actually Look like their on the same team...).
2> allowing eastern nations such as China, Japan, Korea, Afghanistan, Persia, Turkey(ottomans) Egypt, Barbary states, Mughal India.
3> Once you have control of a village, you can expand it (through a list of buildings) into a small town, big town, city.
4> Purchasing housing, businesses, factories, weapons & uniform factories, banks, food markets, etc.
5> Being able to have (once owned) customisable weapons/uniforms crafted by your factories.
6> Being able to recruit villagers & Townspeople, but then able to train and Manually equip (or auto-equip) all units of that type.
7> Being able to recruit generals, advisors, strategists, elite militia/line infantry mercenaries.
8> Able to become king/president/chairman/or a customizable title.
9> Be able to build and customize your republic/empire, using many different buildings: for example (cities = Barracks - trains all soldiers/generals within the city. Farms = provides food, population growth & commerce (selling farm products). Armory = Stacked with government (your government) issued weapons and so on.
10> Actual ambushes and raids: when attacking a caravan, the caravan should continue its normal route while in the battlefield, however soon as You or your Ally's forces are Spotted, the caravan stops and its protectors "dig in". Raids on villages: actual raids, enter the village as a battle ground and begin murdering the villagers & possibly burning down their houses/farms (also capturing POW's once the battle is over).
11> As a leader of a nation/city being able to create, arm and supply troops to caravans & patrols.
12> Offering bandits/outcasts/deserters a place in your army/patrol (higher persuasion decreases cost & increases chance they will accept).
13> Actual destructible buildings, land, bodies (people).
14> Blood & Gore effects
15> As a leader: Prisoner exchanges, defensive pacts, trade rights, neutrality agreements, arms & uniform trading, etc to different nations.
16> Naval warfare, trading & raiding.

Graphics are not to much of a problem, but I would definately pay for another expansion if it included all or most of the things I have spoken of. As for the gore, rape, etc... the age rating doesnt really matter, because in nearly all countries even children as young as 6-8 playing games that are 18+ and watch movies that are 18+.

If this is to be one of the best games (and so far in the RPG genre, I personally believe it is and can be one of the best games in the world) if only the developers would accept, cast votes (or just do it) and implement them into the game!

Slight necromancy but yes, I think there should be SP for this expansion.  Make it just like regular native but only in the correct time period for this style of game play instead in the early middle ages.  I realize there are some mods coming out that do this but the lack of a free-roam SP in a M&B game just rubs me the wrong way.  That is like removing the military element from Call of Duty; you just do not rub out a feature that has been in the game since the franchise began.

I voted no! because there is a rather excellent napoleonic wars mod called L'Aigle already being developed for Warband.

The question is...

Do you think it is possible for every regiment which has some good skins to give them to gokiller and play as themselves in that mod?
i voted for maybe. Change? You are welcome.

Why do people always want the ottomans in...Portugal/Spain, The netherlands or Sweden would be far more historical for the timeframe the game is set in.

Any why am I even responding to this...

jezza93 said:
I voted no! because there is a rather excellent napoleonic wars mod called L'Aigle already being developed for Warband.
Thats fine... but what I want is an Official dlc sort of thing.. I am fully aware that nw is only a dlc but.. a dlc for a dlc... and there are alot of lads out there who dosnt know how to install a mod..

i was going to buy this until i saw its only multiplayer
most of mutiplayers are really Pro or Avg, i dont enjoy to just lose to them most of the time, and unfortunately i dont have enough time to play that long to be Pro as them (it takes weeks)
i just want a completely new bug-free official version with strong story and many new features (not just a MOD) to play single for 7-10 days i'd even pay $50 for that (not $9)

i think the words “multi-player only” just means no sale or at least half the sales.

I actually bought this because it was a much better version of MM, (I actually bought Warband with it, because I didn't have it on Steam(Had it on Impulse/Gamestop))

While I have put in almost 200 hours of pure NW gameplay, I can honestly say I really want a supported single-player campaign inside of the NW module.

I'd be happy with whatever they put out, honestly. I paid 10$ for 200 hours of game time, and that's a great deal in my eyes.
Added a single-player campaign will only add more sales for the people interested in a single-player campaign.

Its a win-win situation.

jros83 said:
for those interested in singleplayer:

how exactly should it be? as in, should it be mostly free-form, like vanilla? Should it all be scripted?

should there be a campaign that you have to follow...?

are you a soldier or a commander?

hard-coded events or randomness?

I am not trying to denigrate modders, but some things are beyond the time and ability of private folk to do. That is why most mods are multiplayer, since all they have to do is mod different units and weapons and graphics and maps.

But it's the other things that really make a singleplayer game. There's a great deal behind the scenes that I do not think most of us who are pushing for singleplayer are thinking about.

I voted "Maybe," because it would be nice if a singleplayer came along, but I have my doubts it would be what we would hope for.

In my opinion the single player for NW (if there were one) should be very similar to the single player on the native Mount and Blade games. To me it doesn't seem difficult at all to figure out what it should be like. All you have to do is use the natives as a creative template. Then it will be a single player mode that modders can feel free to work with just like the campaigns of the natives.

The problem with making a mod similar to the original M&Bs is this level of complete inaccuracy - In medieval times, lords, counts, dukes, whatever, could have their own personal royal armies. In the Napoleonic Wars era, that gets much more complicated - to accurately portray rank would require hundreds, even thousands of NPCs fighting at one time, and you'd slowly have to make money from daily salaries to buy commissions (if playing as the British). It would be too complicated. The only way to make a successful mod is to go either extremely linear, large line battles or to go L'Aigle style.

-Franz

MountAndBlade said:
Hey guys? in the  mount and blade folder, (napoleonic wars module) has singleplayer folder. but ı didn't play single.

thats for the unfinished singleplayer concept missions they had designed you have to edit some code to get it to work though they are outdated and a bit buggy

Yes! Of course there should be single player! What kind of crazy person would say 'no' to that?

Even if it was simply the Warband game with the Calradia nations and units cut and replaced with the Napoleonic ones, I'd still play it all the time. However, it should be done by Talesworlds, and not by some modder. I don't want any 'extra' units or graphics in the game, or anything changed.

There needs to be a fast single player, because L'Aigle is going to be release in... 1-2 years. It's insane quality, but the wait is just too much.

Back
Top Bottom