SP Antiquity The Punic Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

papacapjack

Recruit
im starting work on a punic wars mod and would apreciate some help in making this mod of mine, ive been playing M&B for ages and am even a game designer by trade (and texture artist and ive been doing 3D for awhile, while admitedly not amazing I can make weapons helmets and shields and stuff).

I guess im mainly looking for scripters to implement the mod and its changes but would also apreciate help from whoever else can and wants to work on it.

ive already got a basis of a map made, and can put items in (just having a little trouble with the textures in BRF now  :evil:).

one question I will ask here is, are elephants not possable due to only being horse and chr skeletons or what?

Heres a item list of stuff I need to make
Roman large battersea
Gladius hispania
Lookian (true spartans sword :smile: )
Amphoric celt shortsword
amphoric celt longsword
celtic battersea
Spartan shield
greek hoplon
cornathian galea
Falcata-Modeled
Elephant?
medium oblong shield, textures for scuratii and romans
Samnite 3 bowled breastplate
lynthorax & hamata (can likely use same model)
Curiass Steel, leather black, leather brown, greek cream.
2 horse Chariot :smile:
Pila
Roundshield-Modled
kopesh

ive probally left some out that ive forgoten I wrote the list up on hand, currently I have the basic map, a few weapons and such and just alot of enthusiasm I guess.

I noticed on one mod you could conquer citys id quite like that to be able to happen in my mod.

so if anyone wants to lend a hand, even if thats just being there to help me fix a mistake ive likely made in the code or something please feel free to add me to msn at [email protected]

I'd love to see a Punic Wars mod...hope it works out for you.

However, elephants and chariots will not work, I believe since the skeletons are not editable.

For the Greek stuff, you should take a look at Sharp Bronze. There's a load of quality greek content for you to use, which could also double as Carthaginian, since I believe they did use Greek style arms and armour.

Hot damn, about time there's more historical mods on the menu.  My only advice is to look to the Europa Barbarorum mod for RTW so you can get some good concept art and ideas for troop types.  Can't wait to toss my pilum then rush in for the quick stab... 

Although, my only complaint is nobody is doing a historically accurate "Nomad" mod for M&B (i.e. a Scythian mod or Sarmatian mod).  M&B was made for it...

THE PUNIC WARS ARE ROME X CHARTAGE THIS DIDN'T INCLUDE GREKS SPARTASN OR I DON'T KNOW WHAT

ps sorry for the high leters i don't want to tip them again

Oh, in that case, here's my revised reason for having Spartan swords.

Because Spartan weapons are freaking cool!

By the way, DarkAnd, could you make your posts more legible? :smile:

Eother said:

Spartan weapons really didn't differ that much from other Greek weapons :neutral:

Eother said:

sorry try to tip whit the virtual keyboard >.< (english isn't my first lenguage)

i spoken:
the 1º punic war are rome agaist chartage and the 2º too they didn't involve spartans

ArabArcher35 said:
Eother said:

Spartan weapons really didn't differ that much from other Greek weapons :neutral:

Yes, but they are spartan weapons, wich makes them freakin cool!

ArabArcher35 said:
Eother said:

Which affects my point how?

EDIT: Besides, Rman gets it...it's SPARTAN.

Eother said:
ArabArcher35 said:
Eother said:

Which affects my point how?

EDIT: Besides, Rman gets it...it's SPARTAN.

Yes, and spartan weapons are freakin awesome!!!!!!111 :mrgreen:

rman, eother, stop spamming this thread with useless posts on how spartan weapons are "cool". If a mod saw this, you guys would probably get temp. posting bans for spamming and sidetracking the topic.

back on topic:

I know nothing about the Punic Wars but hey, another mod is always good.

Good luck with it.

edit: by mod I mean Moderator or Administrator. (Fear the wrath of Narc and L-L.)

Tuckles said:
rman, eother, stop spamming this thread with useless posts on how spartan weapons are "cool". If a mod saw this, you guys would probably get temp. posting bans for spamming and sidetracking the topic.

back on topic:

I know nothing about the Punic Wars but hey, another mod is always good.

Good luck with it.

Ok...ok...our posts were just as useful as yours. I mean...really. C'mon. Seriously. Next time, you can be polite about it perhaps, rather than the "I'm almighty, thou shalt heed my word". It's kind of insulting, seeing as I'm NOT a little kid.  :smile:

Moving on, how big is your map going to be, and what areas will it encompass?

I was reading about the Punic Wars on Wikipedia and now I've got some questions:

Which of the 3(apparently) wars will it focus on?

Also, I pose the same question as the others: Why are there greek weapons?

It's a battle between Rome and the Phoenician city-state of Carthage isn't it?

It appears to me that this guy has forgotten all about carthaginian weapons and armour, and would rather take a Greco-Spartan vs Roma Punic war approach. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom