Connection to Server Lost

Users who are viewing this thread

AsRexReal

Recruit
ello anyone who can help me with my problem regarding mount and blade?

My problem is simply this:

When I go into a multiplayer game in Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars, I play for about 30 seconds and then for whatever reason, I loose connection to the game. I have tried putting all my graphics settings on low, still doesn't work. I have tried putting directx 7 on instead of 9, still doesn't work. My ping in these servers are around 32-46, so this is not a connection issue. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times now and there is no change. I even tried tweaking my graphics card so I could play, but still, I loose connection to the servers right after I go into them. This has become annoying as hell and I can't figure out whats going on. My PC has run mount and blade with the mount and musket mod before and it has worked perfectly. Can you help?

Go to your Documents/Mount&Blade Warband
Open rgl_config.txt and scroll down to "use secure connection = 1"
Set it to "use secure connection = 0" and save and close
Start your game.

Can you try this zipfile:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11240073/mb_warband_test.zip

Please extract it in your main warband folder and run the game with mb_warband_test.exe

Tell me your results. Cheers.

Vincenzo said:

Please extract it in your main warband folder and run the game with mb_warband_test.exe

Ok I have the same problem as the op. My ping is over 100 on the EU servers, so I tried an American one but it still crashed.  Anyway, I checked the rgl_config text and "use server connection" was set to zero.  So i tried clicking "force single thread" or whatever and that didn't make a difference, it still crashes after about 3 minutes.

So, I installed that test zipfile and ran Napoleon with it.  However I didn't notice any differences or results or anything, multiplayer still crashed as well.  What exactly am I supposed to be looking for?  Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Edit:  I tried installing some of the links I saw people directed to in other threads on this same thing, but unfortunately it didn't help.  Are there any other solutions?  Looks like I wasted 10 bucks...  :???:

I was having the same problem. I tried everything from Firewall to cable. But what fixed it was going back to factory state. A little tough to get used to it without all your things but I think it's worth it if you put it all on a disk  :grin:

New build again!

New build again!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11240073/mb_warband_network_test.zip

Please extract it in your main warband folder and run the game with mb_warband_network_test.exe

I tried this and I guess it improved my connection, but I was still disconnected within a few seconds of being in the server. The problem is still not fixed, I'll try messing with my steam connection settings, like dsl>276k type things to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for trying to help thou.

*EDIT: I tried messing with my own internet and steam connections, disabling firewall and all that jazz, still having the same problem. Not even running it through steam, and using the test network .exe which is not registered with steam. Still doesn't work. My network connection is fine though, that's the problem; It's running at abou 16.68 Megabits per second, which for steam is about 2Mb/s. I can also say that my download speed is this as well, indicated by the download manager. All I can say is I'm stumped, and until its resolved I don't know what to do.

I'll try and see if it balances it out any. It did work after I disconnected and reconnected my internet but, after that it continued to have the server lost error show up after about 15 seconds.

I guess our so called *developers* don't really care about their community as long as they have a steady flow of cash. Sad really, especially since many people are having this nasty issue (me being one of them).
There is really no point playing this game seriously because you're gonna be disconnected after a few minutes anyway.
Edit: Sorry about the the emotional comment, but I cannot stand it anymore. At least I got this game while it was on sale, so I did not waste a lot of money. Problem is that I love it (like I do every other mount and blade) and it is very frustrating when you cannon play it.

i got this issue today and i can't even enter the server. I press connect and it goes direct to the message "connection to server lost" and if I try for some time will give me another message as "someone is already playing with that nickname"  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom