Status
Not open for further replies.

TobyJoker

Sergeant at Arms
We have changed our regiment name, you can find us here now:
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=1590.0​

Banner2.png

History.png
The 88th was established in Connaught in 1793 and it bore on its colours and appointments a harp and a crown with the motto Quis Separabit – "Who shall divide us". It first saw service in 1794 in Flanders in the disastrous Walcheren campaign against Napoleon's troops and, despite their inexperience, the troops fought well, but hundreds perished in the British Army’s winter retreat that year. The regiment later fought in the West Indies, Egypt, India and South America before it joined Wellington’s army in the Peninsular in 1808. It was during the Peninsular campaign that the 88th distinguished itself as one of the finest regiments in what Wellington himself was later to describe as "that most astonishing infantry".

Posterity has ensured that we have a first hand account of some of the most extraordinary actions that took place in the Peninsular of that time by the published diaries of Lieutenant William Grattan who served with the 88th in Spain from 1809 until 1813. The Connaught Rangers were "the most Irish of all Irish regiments" (Oman) and in Grattan's own words were "a parcel of lads that took the world aisy" and "without shoes they fancied themselves at home, without food they were nearly at home." The 88th served under General Picton in the 3rd Division or the "Fighting Division" as Grattan was proud to call them. Picton himself seemed to have had a love-hate relationship with the 88th. When he first addressed them he called them "The Connaught Footpads" in reference to their reputation for plundering, but he soon recognised their abilities when it came to a hard fight.

It is evident that in moments of crisis he came to use the 88th as shock troops – heavy stormtroopers to be used at the critical point of a battle to break the spirit of their opponents by hand-to-hand fighting, and it was Picton who came to give them the infamous nick name of "The Devil’s Own". The many battles of the Peninsular War have filled many books but the major actions in which the Connaught Rangers made an inimitable contribution can be summarised below:

For example, during the storming of Ciudad Rodrigo, it was in order to confer a mark of distinction upon the Connaught Rangers that a junior officer or subaltern volunteer from the 88th was requested to lead the "Forlorn Hope", the first storming party through the main breach of the fortress walls. Almost certain death, but if he survived, the leading officer was normally assured a captaincy. A Lieutenant William Mackie volunteered and was granted the command, composed of 20 volunteers from the 88th. Before hurling the whole of the 3rd Division into the assault, General Picton gave this particular address to the 88th:

"RANGERS OF CONNAGHT,
IT IS NOT MY INTENTION TO EXPEND ANY POWDER THIS EVENING
WE'LL DO THIS BUSINNESS WITH COLD IRON"

Info.png
The 88th is a fairly old regiment, that dates back to the final days of MM, we are dedicated friends, we do aim for realism and a organised time but we do not want to cut out the fun for everyone. We have a training on Wednesday, and the 77y siege event on Thursday, on Friday we have a training and we go to the Saturday public LB whenever possible and on Sunday we attend Lance's linebattle  If you are interested in joining the 88th, add Colonel Joker here if you are interested!ttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033882454

[GMT] Wednesday Training -7:30pm
[GMT] Thursday Siege -6:30pm
[GMT] Friday Training -7:30pm
[GMT] Saturday Linebattle -6:30pm
[GMT] Sunday Linebattle -6:30pm

We have a steamgroup here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/88thDevilsOwn and our teamspeak (krb.teamspeak.de) feal free to top in and say hello!

Code.png

As it has already been mentioned, we are aiming to represent one of the finest regiments that existed, therefore our members must meet our etiquette. If a member is to do well within the regiment they must do their best to follow the Code of Conduct. Following this will lead to promotions if the member is proficient enough to do the task;

1. They must be respectful to everyone no matter the circumstance. This may be fellow members or players out with the regiment. This also covers insulting someone, racism, bullying and discrimination.  At all times you are representing the regiment and must show the highest level of maturity.
2. Follow Orders. This is extremely vital as you must follow orders given by your Commanding Officer or Superior to the letter and must be done so without argument or hesitation. If you don't agree with the tactics being used by your Superior there is a time and place to bring your point forward. During events is not the time and you must respect their decisions.
3. They must learn and train to become proficiently skilled soldier in tactics as well as skill.
4. A member must remain active to be a useful contributer to the regiment, attend trainings and events when you can and if not please inform us so that we know.
5. Extreme behavior and discipline is to be shown at all times no matter where you are. During linebattles there is to be no head banging, fidgeting in line and aiming your weapon at a teammate. During linebattles the main chat is not be used by anyone except the Officers.

TeamSpeak Teamspeak is an extremely important for the regiment. It is imperative that every member of the regiment has teamspeak as it is needed for communication. The regiment cannot function without this therefore it is a requirement that every member has it. Rules for in game still apply on teamspeak. This is very important during events and off topic as well as unneeded chat will not be allowed. Members must also remain, going by our values, mature and respectful at all times

Ranks.png
In the Connaught Rangers, you are expected to be active, mature and well disciplined. In order for you to be able to advance up the ranks, you must show that you are capable of following orders, making constructive suggestions and have a good ability at the game. It is also preferred if you are active on TaleWorlds and on Steam, but most important is overall activity within the regiment. The co-founders of the regiment will always hold the highest ranks in the hierarchy and you should follow the examples they set: they will always be mature and well behaved, you must follow in their footsteps in order to go far. Do not troll, make the Rangers proud!

Recruit-4.png
Recruit (Rct) Congratulations! You have been accepted into the recruitment process of the Devil's Own, you are deemed worthy of fighting for us on the battlefield, and you have been welcomed to prove yourself worthy to join our ranks. For now, you will be tested on your melee and shooting ability, and upon finishing the 2 week trial period, your application form will be reviewed and decided upon. This is when you will either be accepted as a Private (Pte) or removed from the roster.

Private-7.png
Private (Pte) Well done, you've made it this far. You are the backbone of the regiment, you are what every soldier should be: good players and well disciplined. You have proven yourself in the field of battle, and you fight along your Irish brethren with pride! You are imperative to the success of the regiment, and consequently should make us proud by acting in the manner that is expected of you. Failure to do so will result in your removal from the regiment.

Kingsman-5.png
Regular (Rgl)  You are a skilled player, and your ability has been recognised by the officer staff. You will have been promoted because you are an excellent player. You have proven that you can play well and follow the regiment rules. The Privates look up to you, and consider you the best players in the regiment, yet you have the same responsibilities as a Private, but you are considered a distinguished player within the regiment.

Guardsman.png
Kingsman (Kgm) Your ability proceeds you, you're an amazing player and continually carry the regiment to victory, you have been promoted for skill on the battlefield, and for your excellent discipline and attendance too. Congratulations, young one, soon you will be great like everyone else above you (until then you're still worthless ****).

124vl0i.jpg
Guard (Grd) Your the finest of the finest, the cream of the cracker, the cherry on the cake. You excel on all areas of melee and shooting, and your not too bad on the looks either, you are the top of your class. But still your still a peasant, not a fine gentleman such as myself.

Lance-Corporal-5.png
Lance Corporal (LCpl)  You are a skilled player, and your ability has been recognised by the officer staff. You have potential to become an officer in the future, or perhaps have just been promoted because you are an excellent player. You are expected to be active, mature and well disciplined, so you should never let us down. Men want to be you, and women want you (or vice versa if you're a tranny-homosexual).

Corporal-5.png
Corporal (Cpl) My friend, your potential is threatening to me... you have proven that you are vastly superior to the other clasnmen, and you now proceed to work your way up the ranks. The Corporal is a man who will enforce discipline, and make sure that the others stay in line and perform their duties. At your fingertips you have the ability to be a higher rank, should you prove yourself worthy.

Serjeant-4.png
Serjeant (Sjt)  Only the most mature and compitent players can achieve this rank. Serjeants ensure that order and disciplined is maintained and, when called upon, command in line battles. The person who has reached this rank must be competent enough and have some experience in commanding. You must scream at the top of your voices to get those Paddy bastards into line, ship shape and ready for inspection by the Colonel, or by lord you ain't fit for duty laddie!

Staff-Serjeant-1.png
Colour Serjeant (CSjt) The Colour Serjeant is the head Serjeant. He is expected to ensure that all Serjeants are doing their work. The CSjt also has a special role in the regiment and that is to always defend the flag, he must do so with his life. Let the regiment colours fly high above the pole upon which they sit, let the beautiful green cloth flow freely in the breeze! God save Ireland!

Ensign-4.png
Ensign (Ens)  Ensign is the lowest ranking officer in the regiment. You're expected to overlook Serjeants and Corporals and make sure that they're doing their work. Ensign also has a special role in the regiment and that is to carry a flag. You will be accompanied by a Colour Serjeant, so make sure that boy defends you well, or he'll be feeling my wrath! Stand to, my friend, and hold those colours proudly and high. Huzzah!

28cuu.jpg
Lieutenant (Lt)You are one of the finest members of the regiment, brave, dashing and a good leader, you are one of the main officers and you are to teach the Ensign on how to operate as an officer. You also cover the flanks in the line and maintain the men.

2m4os4k.jpg
Captain (Cpt)Nearly the finest Paddie bastard I have ever seen, you are a fine good looking young man, often drunk with happiness due to your rank. You are a fine gentleman who helps with maintaining order and administrative purposes, you help train the men, look after them and give them a good slap to keep them in line.
Lieutenant-4.png
Major (Maj) You must be fully capable to take full control of the regiment and be able to do all the duties that the Colonel gives you. You are also expected to train members and to do administrative duties. You handsome young devil you, I can't believe I've let you get this far up the ranks without breaking your nose in a drunken rage of anger/jealousy/threat, now, you'd better keep your head down and do your duty, or by George your nose will be broken! Go one, get back out there and get to work, you bone-idol bastard!

Captain-4.png
Colonel (Col)Colonel is the highest rank. You oversee command of the whole regiment and are the one who leads it in battle. You are the chief administrator of the regiment and will seek to keep the regiment well maintained, coordinated and organised. You will handle such actions as diplomacy with other regiments (setting up linebattles, handling relations) and will be expected to know and understand all tactics and strategies. Of course, only I can be Colonel, because being the devilishly charming Paddy that I am, no one else will fill my shoes I'm afraid. It seems like you're **** out of luck, so don't come here expecting to get this rank. It's exclusively for woman-loving, beer drinking gentlemen like myself. Go one, clear off!

Roster.png
Now, it's rumoured that this newfangled thing called a "Roster" is something that lets you list all the members of your regiment! By Jove technology is advancing tenfold is it not! I daresay that we might get one if we can figure out how to run the damned things, but as of yet I can't for the life of me figure out how they work. Anyway, I'll just leave this here until I can discover exactly what I'm meant to do to "get" a roster, as it were.

I'll also need to find a list of those damned ruffians that I have under my command, those vagrants and vagabonds sure love to fight, I'll tell you that for nought but a clip 'round the ear! Anyway, when I get around to gathering the bastards into one place and counting/naming them all, and then recording it, and on top of tha figuring out how to make a roster work, we'll sure as hell have one! Oh and by the way, you can in fact apply here (strange I know), so just fill out the thingy below if you feel like it, and we'll assess your application.

Officers (4)
Regimental Commander : Colonel Joker
Second in Command : Major Neo
Third in Command : Captain Valkyrie
Officer in Training : Ensign MadGameOver​

Non Commisioned Officers (:cool:
Colour-Serjeant Redcoat
Serjeant Danug
Serjeant Aether
Corporal Antony
Lance-Corporal Mina
Lance-Corporal Dane
Lance-Corporal Clueless
Lance-Corporal Rammen

Enlisted Men (2:cool:

Guard Rare
Guard Braxen
Kingsman Kaya
Kingsman Giovanni
Kingsman Cake
Kingsman MrLandshark
Kingsman Phonetix
Kingsman Sasha-Jem
Regular Morpheus
Regular Urrik
Regular Hagran
Regular Keegan
Regular Oakenshield
Regular Jersei
Private Max
Private FlunkY
Private Mathias
Private Mete Khan
Private Coensy
Private Cann0nball
Private BlackJack
Private BurghUK
Private Chocolate
Private Garry
Private Hells Inferno
Private Matty
Private Trinket
Private Zodiac

Bootcamp (9)

Recruit Sizz
Recruit Patrick
Recruit Fat Donkey
Recruit Ruudmans
Recruit Vermin
Recruit Kerrigan
Recruit Couispas (Cooper)
Recruit Grandegross
Recruit Wolf

Regiment Total : 49

Code:
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Country:[/b]
[b]Prior clan/regiment experience:[/b]
[b]Which days in the week, are you able to attend trainings on (day and time):[/b]
[b]How long have you played NW/MM:[/b]
[b]If you have steam, whats your login name:[/b]
[b]Do you have a microphone:[/b]
[b]Are you willing to be fully active weekly for the regiment:[/b]

Thank you to Greenbeard for helping me a lot with the thread!

Good Luck Connaught Rangers! You have very large boots to fill from the old 88th, lets hope you do fine!

The 87th Royal Irish Fusiliers Wish you luck fellow Irishmen!

Faugh a Ballegh

-Do you have teamspeak? [Yes]
-Do you have a mic? [Yes]
-Do you have any regiment experience? [No]
-Do you plan to be active? [Very]
-What timezone are you in? [Eastern]

/id/davedude/

Got the game during the sale.  Hoping to join a trustworthy regiment.

Dinkenheimer said:
-Do you have teamspeak? [Yes]
-Do you have a mic? [Yes]
-Do you have any regiment experience? [No]
-Do you plan to be active? [Very]
-What timezone are you in? [Eastern]

/id/davedude/

Got the game during the sale.  Hoping to join a trustworthy regiment.

Accepted, Add me on steam (clumsy2323)

Your tags are 88thFoot_Rct_NAME

-Do you have teamspeak? [yes]
-Do you have a mic? [yes]
-Do you have any regiment experience? [no]
-Do you plan to be active? [yes]
-What timezone are you in? [GMT]

RaiseProxy said:
-Do you have teamspeak? [yes]
-Do you have a mic? [yes]
-Do you have any regiment experience? [no]
-Do you plan to be active? [yes]
-What timezone are you in? [GMT]

Accepted! Add me on steam, clumsy2323

Your tags are:

88thFoot_Rct_NAME

:grin:

In our army we're the best
From the north, south east or west
The best of boys are following the drum.
We are mighty hard to bate,
I may say without concate,
Faith the enemy are welcome when they come.
Be they Russians, French or Dutch
Sure it doesn't matter much,
We're the boys to give them sugar in their tay
For we're the Connaught Rangers,
The lads to face all dangers,
Faugh-a-ballagh, faugh-a-ballagh, Clear the way!

You may talk about your Guards boys Your Lancers and Hussars
boys Your Fusiliers and Royal Artillery -without the guns! The girls we drive them crazy,
the foe we beat them aisy The Rangers from old Connaught- yaarrrgh- the land across the sea!

T'was Bonaparte who said as the Frenchmen on he led
"Marshall Soult, are them the Rangers do you know?"
"Faix", says Soult, "There's no mistake, to our heels we'd better take
I think it's time for you and I to go!"
When the colleens hear their step, it makes their hearts to leap
"Arragh, jewels will ye whist to 'Patrick's Day'?"
For they are the Connaught Rangers, the boys that fear no dangers
And they're the lads that always take the sway.

Now you haven't far to search for the lads who best can march
The lads that never fear the longest day,
Faith you easily will know, their dashing step will show
Tis the Connaught boys who always lead the way.
If me words perhaps ye doubt, come and join 'em on a route
I'm thinking you'll not find it quite a treat;
You'll see them in the van, you may catch them if you can
Faith you'll have to travel fast or you'll be late.

-Do you have Teamspeak? - yes
-Do you have a Mic? - yes
-Do you have any Experience? - no
-Are you Mature (regardless of age)? - yes

Im also friendly and active player :smile:

pollari said:
-Do you have Teamspeak? - yes
-Do you have a Mic? - yes
-Do you have any Experience? - no
-Are you Mature (regardless of age)? - yes

Im also friendly and active player :smile:

Accepted! Add me on steam, clumsy2323!