The Elder Scrolls: Online

Users who are viewing this thread

Frosty

Grandmaster Knight
So The Elder Scrolls: Online was finally announced...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/elder-scrolls-online-finally-announced/095469

Official Forum: http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/190-elder-scrolls-online-general-discussion/

Do you think they will do a good job with an online Elder Scrolls game?

At least with this one we have reason to hope for a game that's actually designed and optimised for PCs. Maybe even a new engine?
Apart from that, the announcement mostly fills me with yawning indifference and trace amounts of malice.

Maybe a tad of Schadenfreude as well, in regards to the ****storm that's sure to come and the incessant whining of the console 'tards this will hopefully cause.

I guess the rumours that have been around for years finally turned out to be true. I like TES but I doubt I'll be playing a MMO game of it. But whole of Tamriel? Well, that ought to be pretty ****ing huge.

And people were arguing with me saying they would never do this  :roll:

Still, I wanted only like 4 player coop not an mmo. If this is pay to play I won't be getting it, but it will probably. After SWTOR I don't know how much more fail I can handle.

Hopefully this MMO by Zenimax Online doesn't mean that BGS stops developing future single player TES games like Skyrim, because all the lands of Tamriel are already realized.

As a MMO, yes it will fail. Doesn't matter what kind of wrapping you use if the content is always exactly the same.

Am confidently saying this cause, please, what are the odds that they will even consider a MMORPG that approaches the level of hardcore features and freedom like in EVE/H&H/Salem/similar games - where players have such a level of freedom.

"Fus-roh-dah 20 bandits", "Bring 50 wrecked knee-caps", "Calm Lysandus down for the umpenth of time" kind of quests will not drive the machine for too long.

Skyrim wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as Morrowind (you can't beat written text with voice acting in my opinion, it takes too long and by then you've already lost interest in what they are saying), but by no means was it bad.

Oblivion was rather meh. Skyrim was interesting, but man, the UI and console feel really brought it down, amongst other things so overall it could have been a lot better. Nevertheless, I got quite some enjoyment out of Skyrim with all these issues aside. All in all though I still feel like Bethesda are not focusing on the stuff that really would make a good game a great game.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Why ZeniMax? Why? The Elder Scrolls was fine without an MMO D:

Well. As long as we still get Elder Scrolls VI...

Back
Top Bottom