Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok I'll trust ya. Sorry just normally everything works fine so when something doesn't I speed test, renew my IP, etc - then try again.

-Update-
Ok so it works now thanks. But as a side note when I host, it makes 2 servers, one of which behaves normally and the other refuses everybody on the grounds of invalid authorisation key.

Can you please release a full list of all values that could be used in the config ?

we are trying to set up a server. problem is that it does not appear in server browser.
We have good bandwidth and we have set which ports it should use.

SATAKARNAK said:
we are trying to set up a server. problem is that it does not appear in server browser.
We have good bandwidth and we have set which ports it should use.

Do you have a router connected to your server? If so, did you forward the port correctly?

Hello, I have a problem. I downloaded the dedicated files, opened ports, I read the post and followed the guide. When I execute the NW_Star_Sample_Battle, the server appears, but only in LAN. Here I put the .txt:

#WARNING: Make sure that you change the capital values with proper ones.
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid administrator password
set_pass_admin josesak
#if you have premium members, set a password for them, otherwise delete/comment out the line below
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid private password
#set_pass_private PRIVATEPASS
#use the line below to set a valid server name
set_server_name SERVER
#uncomment the line below when you set a valid welcome message
set_welcome_message SOLO PARA CLAN TERCIOS
#Steam must be running in order to use valve anti cheat
#Also you must use the Steam version of the dedicated server in order to use this option
#set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 1

#setting battle (multiplayer_bt) mode
set_mission multiplayer_bt

#since default team point limit is 300, the line below is necessary for this mode
set_team_point_limit 10

#setting max players, first one is non-premium member limit, second one is premium member limit
set_max_players 32 32
set_num_bots_voteable 20

set_map mp_strangefields
add_map mp_borodino
add_map mp_hougoumont
add_map mp_landshut
add_map mp_oaksfield_day
add_map mp_roxburgh
add_map mp_strangefields

#adding all nations to both sides just to randomize all of them
#adding less nations will reduce the randomization set (used in set_randomize_factions command)
add_factions fac_britain fac_britain
add_factions fac_france fac_france
add_factions fac_prussia fac_prussia
add_factions fac_russia fac_russia
add_factions fac_austria fac_austria
set_randomize_factions 1

#if the bottleneck is your server's bandwidth, then make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit
set_upload_limit 2000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7240
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7241
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file ban_list.txt
set_add_to_game_servers_list 1

start

My conection is of 20MB and my PC supports 32 players without problems.

Sorry if I have mistakes writing English but I´m Spanish

Input: enable_bonuses 1                                                       
Input is not correct for the command. Type 'help' for more information.       
Input: bonus_strength 100                                                     
Input: allow_multiple_firearms 0                                             

Running on Ubuntu 11.04 here; everything installed fine and on launching the server via wine console it gives the indication it works (it hasn't crashed, no errors, allowing me to input commands) but I can't see my server on the server list.

How can I see if my server is actually running? And has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Right, I've got it working after a nice and painful headache. The answer was infront of me all along (inside the windows batch start files).

For anyone else using a linux vps; use this command instead of the one in the original thread:

wineconsole --backend=curses mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NW_Sample_[GameMode].txt -m Napoleonic Wars

From what I gather, it was running but wasn't showing in the list because OP had forgotten to add the mode of Napoleonic Wars. Hope this helps!

Vincenzo said:
Oops!

Added to guide :smile:

Great, also it might be worth mentioning something about this post (quote below) in the guide, as I also needed this to get it to work :wink:

Vincenzo said:
Use this:
www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/mb_warband_napoleonic_wars_dedicated_1153_nw_1005.zip

Also, a big thanks for all the information you've put together!

Back
Top Bottom