Dedicated Server Hosting Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

i cant seem to make this work cos when i try and open the batch file to run it, it immediately closes straight after it has opened and so it doesnt open PLS HELP!!

Hi I need help. I've set the admin password, servername and server message (uncommented them out too). Only the server message works. The servername shows up as a random generated server name and I can't get the admin privileges to work (I enter the password into the "Server Password" box and clicked connect, and I didn't have admin options). Please help, what do I do?

Maitland said:
Hi I need help. I've set the admin password, servername and server message (uncommented them out too). Only the server message works. The servername shows up as a random generated server name and I can't get the admin privileges to work (I enter the password into the "Server Password" box and clicked connect, and I didn't have admin options). Please help, what do I do?

If you're sure that you uncommented the relevant lines in the config - did you check the command line? Config file needs to be specified in it using "-r". :smile:

Maitland said:
Gishank said:
Maitland said:

If you're sure that you uncommented the relevant lines in the config - did you check the command line? Config file needs to be specified in it using "-r". :smile:

How do I do that? Sorry, I'm new to all this.

Never mind, I got it to work. But I couldn't use -r, so I typed in the command lines instead. Thanks for the help.

I keep getting "Incorrect authorization Key!" Everytime i try to join my own server?! whats happening and how can ifix it? it's only happening when im hosting via internet not lan

there must be a training camp in one of the servers, so players can train their regiments in that special map...

(I don't know if there's one, because i'm new in the game > if there's one please inform me)

Hello,

I followed the guide as instructed and my server name appears both in my LAN and Internet server list FOR ME. However, my friend cannot see my server when he looks at the list and I can't see any server he tries to make. Any ideas for a fix??

Right after i launch the server, it loads everything but at the end, it says some message super quick like in a blink of an eye event less than that, the message appears and the cmd thingy shuts down. I managed somehow to get a screenshot of it.

9681a4d91b9a9f728b3a49175ffcbf5c.png

It says network error but i have no idea what it would be..

Were you hosting a lan from the game itself ?
Usually, it throws this error when the port you attempt to use is already used.
So, if you were already in a in-game-hosted server (wich uses the port 7240), it might be the reason.

Vade Retro Satanas Windows 8

Hi good guide, I have the server running, but I need to know because it takes so long to go on the list and because some people will not leave the list, thanks.

Lubak97 said:
And How can I make dedicated server for my mod for napoelonic wars?

Follow the guide in the OP. If the mod is based off of NW then in theory you can use the same config files (or ones the mod author provided you with). Just change the -m value to your module and -r to your desired config file as stated in the OP of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom