PsychoPigeon's Maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Made a short clip showcasing the map I've been working on. Would like your opinion on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJayiSQG-eU

Download:

Fort Cul-de-sac
http://www.2shared.com/file/bh6B843o/cul_de_sac.html

Forest Chateau
http://www.2shared.com/file/AREQ5vlE/Forest_Chateau.html

Looks great. Is that bridge the only way into the fort or is there any backpassages to it aswell? Hence engineers can blow the bridge up quite easily if I'm correct.

Seems very interesting though, I'm sure that'd pull of a great event. :wink:

Sven

Well the rope bridge isn't destructible which is the 'secret' way through. But 84e server for instance don't allow explosive crates and that's probably the best option really.

Cannons will probably crush their own bridges, but he, that only makes it more awesome! Looks fantastic, I hope I can play on this very soon  :smile:

McEwanMaster77 said:
Quite hilly, but it should make for some interesting sieges.

Well it kind of has to be, I needed to protect spawning players from the cannons and mortars and at the same time I didn't want to have to make the player walk so far to get into the fight which meant keeping the map medium size.

Kipsleverworst said:
What are you planning to do with your map?

Well this is my first map, I've tried following the tutorials on how to convert a Warband map into a playable state but they don't explain where you add map names that have been added outside of the Warband module system(i.e brought in through NW) so I'm a bit stuck. But once that's sorted I'll send it to Aldemar and see what he thinks of it and if he wants to put it on the 84e siege server that would be cool.

Also, for a name can I suggest Fort Gappe?

Where is that name from?

psychopigeon said:
Kipsleverworst said:
What are you planning to do with your map?

Well this is my first map, I've tried following the tutorials on how to convert a Warband map into a playable state but they don't explain where you add map names that have been added outside of the Warband module system(i.e brought in through NW) so I'm a bit stuck. But once that's sorted I'll send it to Aldemar and see what he thinks of it and if he wants to put it on the 84e siege server that would be cool.

Also, for a name can I suggest Fort Gappe?

Where is that name from?

It is fictional, but it sort of fits as there is a ravine pretty much impeding the progress of the attackers plus the spelling alone fits with the other fort map names.

To combat the eventuality that the bridges get blown up, I'm going to place buildable pontoon bridges slightly underneath the texture of the bridge. This way they remain invisible until the bridge is blown and sappers can always try and rebuild.

Well thanks to Vicccard for pointing out a possible flaw, the bridges now have a back up plan in the event both bridges get destroyed:

scaled.php

Sweet map, lots of details, might be a bit heavy for the weaker computers though, but I guess only time will tell. Otherwise, awesome. BTW, might want to consider that the destroyed parts of the walls might look a bit off, floating off the cliff and whatnot.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Sweet map, lots of details, might be a bit heavy for the weaker computers though, but I guess only time will tell. Otherwise, awesome. BTW, might want to consider that the destroyed parts of the walls might look a bit off, floating off the cliff and whatnot.

Can't see it being that intensive, that map currently on the 84e server made by Kabz is twice the size of this and double the items.

psychopigeon said:
Comrade Temuzu said:

Can't see it being that intensive, that map currently on the 84e server made by Kabz is twice the size of this and double the items.

well smaller maps will be more intensive because when you put more people in a smaller area you get a hectic fray, lets hope trolls dont start kicking people off the "secret entrance" but all in all great map cant wait to play it

Back
Top Bottom