Lützowsches Freikorps 6thInfantry Regiment[Recruiting Aus/NZ]

Users who are viewing this thread

PrussianEagle.png
coatHohenEaglePrus_thumb.png
Lützowsches Freikorps 6th Infantry Regiment (Oceanic)
coatHohenEaglePrus_thumb.png

The 6th Infantry Regiment of Lutzow's Free Corps is an AUS/NZ Napoleon regiment. We have training's on Tuesday nights, and we compete weekly in the Aus Line event. We are a mature and active regiment, and we are looking for more members to get up to full fighting strength.

History:
Lutzow_freikorps.jpg

The unit was officially founded in February 1813 as Königlich Preußisches Freikorps von Lützow (Royal Prussian Free Corps von Lützow), which consisted mostly of craftsmen and labourers, and some students. Black was Adopted as the uniform colour because The Kingdom of Prussia was already having financial problems - the free corp volunteers had to equip and supply themselves, and black was adopted because it was the only colour dye that could be used on civilian clothes. Red trim was chosen for the rank insignia. With the addition of brass buttons, the unit wore a black-red-gold colour scheme, a combination that became associated with republican ideals.

Despite its relatively small size, the corps became famous after the war, as it was the only unit in the army consisting of people from all over Germany. Also, it contained academics, writers and other well known people, in addition,  two women, Eleonore Prochaska and Anna Lühring, had managed to join in disguise.

After the peace of 1814 the corps was dissolved, the infantry becoming the 25th Regiment, the cavalry the 6th Ulans. After Napoleon's return from Elba, both regiments fought at Ligny and Waterloo during the Hundred Days.
Ranks:
stm2_070.jpg

• Oberst – 1st in command, responsible for the general running and order of the regiment (Obst)   
• Oberstleutenant – Second/support in command, helps with general organisation(Oblt) 
• Rittmeister – Captain, A well respected and skilled member of the regiment (Ritt)
• Feldwebel – Respected, capable, used to keep order and hold flanks (Feld)
• Gemeiner – Private, this is the powerhouse behind the regiment(Gem)
Members:
stm2_069.jpg

6thFK_Obst_Burnt

6thFK_Ritt_adh105

6thFK_Fdl_Willow
6thFK_Gem_Mihajlo
6thFK_Gem_Grin
6thFK_Gem_Cumin
6thFK_Gem_Sealquest
6thFK_Gem_irish
6thFK_Gem_Lachlan
6thFK_Gem_Sharpie
6thFK_Gem_Musket_Thunder
6thFK_Gem_SIR_GAMING
6thFK_Gem_Dayrek
How do I join?:
The simplest way is to add me on steam, FK | Burnt, and I will invite you to the steam group and we can get started from there.
If you wish you can also post here, or msg me on the forums.

Thanks for the welcome guys, feeling pretty lucky now.
We have a few more new recruits, hopefully tomorrow night we can start out on a high note with a decent amount of people.

Our first regimental training is tonight, we could almost hit double figures with a few more members. Ranks are being sorted out tonight, and most likely everyone will be demoted/staying at Gemiener/Private rank, realized it is better to earn the ranks than just hand out a few to the people you started with.

So if you want an opportunity for quick and meaningful promotion, hit me up on steam.

Lachmann said:
Burnt said:
Members list updated.

Awesome, glad to be a member, still got a little way to go before world domination though. Looking forward to it.

Lachmann.

haha yeah just a little - I think we need some more members first.

Line battle is on tonight, if you are interested just add me on steam

As a heads up if your going for historical accuracy there were no regiments in the Freikorps. The infantry comprised of 3 Battalions numbered 1-3

Commander Millander said:
As a heads up if your going for historical accuracy there were no regiments in the Freikorps. The infantry comprised of 3 Battalions numbered 1-3

Thanks for that man, I tried to do some research but I found it quite difficult to find too much - I was relatively sure that it wouldn't be entirely historically accurate. Maybe we should change to 2nd or 3rd Bat of FK then? It is nice to be as historically accurate as you can, but I'm sure if it would grate with too many people.

Tbh, I was not actually sure whether a regiment was part of a battalion or the other way around - maybe you could enlighten me, what would the sub-parts of a battalion be in the prussian Friekorps?

Edit: ah, next level lower would be a company. Hmm, maybe we could change to 2nd or 3rd, might chat to the lads about it.

I'm surprised you had a hard time finding info I was able to find stuff fairly easy just using wikepedia.

I believe there were 15 companies stretched over 3 battalions. The FK didn't use regiment organization only battalion. Smilier to the Kings German legion.

If you wished to be historically accurate and keep 6th you would be a company.

Burnt said:
Tbh, I was not actually sure whether a regiment was part of a battalion or the other way around - maybe you could enlighten me, what would the sub-parts of a battalion be in the prussian Friekorps?

Edit: ah, next level lower would be a company. Hmm, maybe we could change to 2nd or 3rd, might chat to the lads about it.

To answer your question Battalions accept in rare cases like the FK, KGL etc are parts of regiments.

Heh i guess my google-fu is not so good - I have little previous knowledge of the era, so that probably does not help.

I think the change to a Company might be a good idea - more historically accurate (slightly), and also fits the numbers a bit more, its not like we will be 1000 strong any time soon.

Any advice on the ranks? Im pretty sure my ranks are pretty off already, would you have any advice on what ranks a Friekorps Company would have?

Back
Top Bottom