Mount and Blade Warband for the Mac!

Users who are viewing this thread

Paulthetall

Recruit
Hi Guys,

Good news! As all of you guys I am a Mount and Blade fan :smile: Thats why because I have a Mac I ported Mount and Blade Warband to the Mac :smile:
Because i am new i cant post links, so go to paulthetall.com --> Game ports --> RPG games --> Mount and Blade Warband
Game which is downloadable is the demo version and can be activated by a legal serial of Talesworld/Paradox/Gamersgate.

I also ported Fire and Sword and the first Mount and Blade. I even Ported Napoleonic wars :grin:

Hope I made every Mac user Happy today :wink:

is there any chance of being able to play mods on this?, i dont want to but the game to find out i cant play c-rpg

And i would like to thank you very much for doing this

Strupup said:
is there any chance of being able to play mods on this?, i dont want to but the game to find out i cant play c-rpg

And i would like to thank you very much for doing this

yes you can, but not all of them arent always that stable as it is also on the PC. I made a Tutorial on the "Wineskin video tutorials" page how to mod/patch a game. That should be sufficient info to get it running :wink: Dimplomacy works as example fine and also of couse Napoleonic Wars. Made all videos how to and of course proof that it works awesome!

umm, c-rpg uses a separate installer to install new patches and the whole game that way, do you reckon this instller will work once i have bought the game?

Strupup said:
umm, c-rpg uses a separate installer to install new patches and the whole game that way, do you reckon this instller will work once i have bought the game?

Well, I installed the Napoleonic Mod too with a seperate installer, as you can see in the video of the game page. Don't know which Mod you want to use?

It is fine :razz: As legal as it can get. A new market for Taleworlds is opened! I am glad I can help you guys spreading this great game on multiple platforms.

Maybe you guys can make this sticky?

Some more guys want to help spread the word on the other game forums up here? Thanks in advance! As much as people as possible should enjoy this game:

Ported all releases
- Mount and Blade
- Mount and Blade Warband
- Mount and Blade Fire and Sword
- Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars

GFX Card Requirements: Nvidia and ATI/AMD Radeon GFX cards.
Will not work on INTEL graphics cards as far as i know!

I don't want to undermine your work here but this isn't how you port a game. You just bundled them with Wine. You might want to call them something else but it doesn't really important. If you manage to prepare a stable build then good job! :smile:

Also i want to add a minor detail here. This isn't an official project and we do not support any platform besides Windows. If i saw any emails complains some bug about this Mac ports in support mails i will be very sad :neutral: .

That being said, i wouldn't mind somebody out there does the same thing for linux :smile:. As long as you being open about what you offer and nobody comes to me asking support for an unsupported platform it is fine :smile:.

Ragnor said:
I don't want to undermine your work here but this isn't how you port a game. You just bundled them with Wine. You might want to call them something else but it doesn't really important. If you manage to prepare a stable build then good job! :smile:

Also i want to add a minor detail here. This isn't an official project and we do not support any platform besides Windows. If i saw any emails complains some bug about this Mac ports in support mails i will be very sad :neutral: .

That being said, i wouldn't mind somebody out there does the same thing for linux :smile:. As long as you being open about what you offer and nobody comes to me asking support for an unsupported platform it is fine :smile:.

Well, I played over 500 hours of gameplay the past year in the highest resolution and it only crashed once when I played about 6 hours in a row :wink: (Macbook was perhaps overheated then :razz:) so i can say, yeah it pretty stable on both my Imac (with AMD Radeon 6770M + Lion osx) and Macbook (with Nvidia 9400m + Snowleopard osx) :wink:

And yeah of course, this project is done by me, so if they have questions they can ask and mail me. So it you guys shouldn't be disturbed at all :wink: and remember this is only an alternative for Mac users who this way can enjoy this great game on there Mac without using bootcamp :wink:.

Hey Paul,
Thanks for this! I really am happy i found your site. But i have a problem. After a few minutes of battle play, my character only looks at the ground and cant look up if i move my mouse. Please give me some ideas or fix it somehow, thank you.

Hey Cooper, please post issues of the Mac version on my forum. This forums are for windows support only. However, this issue was known issue n older wrapper versions, Should be fixed in the latest ones.

Hey paul, i fixxed the glitch! Thanks for making the game, just needed to redownload. Hey also, can u also get M&B Warband mods on your site? because its hard to get the mods for mac.

_Cooper_ said:
Hey paul, i fixxed the glitch! Thanks for making the game, just needed to redownload. Hey also, can u also get M&B Warband mods on your site? because its hard to get the mods for mac.

Check the video up here "how to patch/mod a game" on the wineskin Video Tutorial page (sorry, have no rights to place links here):

I am soooooo incredibly happy you have done this, only one problem...
I can't get my CD key off of Steam, I am stuck on "requesting key" !

As a poor student I can't afford to buy a gamersgate copy just to get another key, are there any ways to get Steam to give me my key?

Thanks
Hadrial

Back
Top Bottom