Tactics for prisoner farming for profit

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Rust

Grandmaster Knight
Trading just isn't for me and I've not yet built up the reputation, gold or training ability to beat down the tougher armies. Whenever I've been lucky enough to get into a large battle with a lot of prisoners however, I notice it's a pure gold mine.

So what tactics do you guys like to use to farm prisoners? Someone mentioned giving yourself and your companions blunt weapons, while this would certainly help aren't there any reasonably tough units in the game already equipped with good blunt weapons?

Are there any very clever methods I'm missing for prisoner farming? I've got most of my companion combo sorted and I've got trainer 5 and surgery 5 in my group atm, so it's looking up but money is still tight at times, I get by (I'm a mercenary, just won the sarleon tournament so I'm hardly dead broke) but scraping by isn't going to net me a kingdom or an elite army anytime soon.

Given the limitations on merchant funds and how ransom agents have unlimited cash (not to mention how valuable some prisoners are in this game) what are the best tactics for prisoner farming you guys use? And what might be some good army setups to farm them.

Don't look down on the ideea of using companions as blunt tools for prisionier farming. Short one handed weapons with blunt dmg and shield are quite performant if the companions are on horseback, with fast horses of course.

Another venue of obtaining large number of prisoniers is your character, if you are skilled with the lance. There is a lance with blunt dmg, look for it and go crazy. I hate the lance charge animation in Warband, i prefered that of vanilla mount and blade, but it is a good method of obtaining high lvl prisoniers.

Another tactic is the "Three Seer Army" trick. Wait until it that army spawns, destroy it and recruit Seer Initiates. These troops upgrade into Doomguides, that have DOOM MACES, the best 1h blunt weapon in the game.

Other than that... Though luck.

I browsed every troop with Morghs Editor. The thing is, some knight order troops have a chance of spawning with blunt weapons, but that is not guaranteed. So they are unreliable in getting prisoniers.

ms_ts_2007 said:
I browsed every troop with Morghs Editor. The thing is, some knight order troops have a chance of spawning with blunt weapons, but that is not guaranteed. So they are unreliable in getting prisoniers.

And Sarleon knights and knights of the lion?

Just mass-train Sarleon Knights. Most of them spawn with great hammers. Knights of the Lion only carry lethal weapons.

I just used the blunt weapon myself. Whatever didn't get killed by my army, I knocked out. I stopped caring around the point I had nearly 300,000 denars and nothing to spend it all on though.

There's only so much one person can do. And i think the OP meant that when he only has a couple of thousands of denars.

spartan012 said:
There's only so much one person can do. And i think the OP meant that when he only has a couple of thousands of denars.

I don't know, I could knock out maybe 20ish troops a battle on my own. That adds up pretty fast, especially as you fight higher and higher level troops.

I've actually managed to aquire about 100k denars using a mix of auto-calc and tourny wins, but auto-calcing for prisoners is pretty cheesy. If a large portion of sarleon knights spawn with blunt, I'll become a sarleon vassal (later sarleon culture kingdom) and aquire an army of sarleon knights for money making.

Any other awesome money makers besides trade? And, while businesses help they really aren't *that* profitable in the grand scheme of things :razz:

Doomguides are very effective, but tedious to obtain.

Well worth the effort though. You'll cringe every time one of them dies, they're so useful.

Diablodude said:
Doomguides are very effective, but tedious to obtain.

Well worth the effort though. You'll cringe every time one of them dies, they're so useful.

I appreciate the tip for the late game, but at the moment I really see no feasible way whatsoever to farm them.

Not in large numbers, but you can get several early game from patrols.

I rarely play past the early game. It's possible to get 1 or 2 dozen if you get lucky with seer patrols.

Even that many makes a large difference.

Find sherrifs, town watchmen, and that troop tree.  sheriffs use only blunts. A bit weak, but enough of them can make a lot of money.

I just run around with H.A.s usually.  What they don't kill, usually gets hit by the horses, and they get KO'd, so I get plenty of prisoners within three or four battles against lords (I merc often.).  Then if I capture the lord, I can sell the dishonorable ones off for decent money.

Netherworld Charger + Heavy Warhammer then steamroll those archer lines  :mrgreen:

If you want knights, unhorse them with a couched lance (aim the ground) then knock them out with your warhammer.

Back
Top Bottom