Need Serial Key Help

Users who are viewing this thread

skrunch

Recruit
My problem is as follows:

I bought Mount and Blade: Warband during the Steam sale today, not the Collection, just Warband by itself.
I then brought the Napoleonic Wars DLC, also on Steam.
I installed Warband and assumed that NW was also installed (mainly because I could start it up).

I started Warband, Steam informed me that I had 2 serial keys, one for Warband and one for NW, both were 4x4 keys.
The screen that shows what module is being run and configure, etc appeared.
I assume this is where the 'Please Enter Serial Key' prompt would pop-up, it didn't.
I started up Warband, had a muck around with a custom battle and then attempted to play multiplayer.
Filtered out the servers with passwords, other modules, etc and tried to join one.

The message above the server list reads: 'Validating serial number...'
And then a pop-up appears, it reads: 'Unable to connect to server.'

This is probably the other place where the serial key may have had to been entered, again I got no prompt, no box that pops up so I can enter the key.

The same thing happens to NW when I try to play Multiplayer.
Singleplayer in Warband and Training in NW work fine.

So, I'm thinking my problem is that my serial key hasn't been validated.
How would I go about doing this?

Also, I've been into my regedit and found the Mount&Blade Warband Key file, both keys are sitting there.

Im having the same issue, except I bought Warband way back when it first came out on Steam (Actually one of the preorderers) and then I just bought Napoleonic Wars DLC. Its been a while I'll admit since I played Warband, but it worked great. Now both Warband and NW is broken for me. The only ones I can play now is WF&S and the original (Which I dont have on Steam but have a cd for)

I've looked around the forums and found a solution.

Instead of changing the 'Use secure connection' integer in 'rgl_config' which is located in my 'user/documents/Mount and Blade Warband' file I had changed it in the 'rgl_log' file in my Warband directory.

GOSH DARN IF I AIN'T THE SILLIEST.

Back
Top Bottom