[Unresolved] Connection to server is lost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain_Fozzington

Sergeant at Arms
I've had this problem since about the time I started to play Mount and Musket (about two months ago). About 5 minutes into a game, I lose connection and am presented with the error message "connection to server is lost". Since the release of NW, the problem has gotten much worse. I can now only play for about 2 minutes on a server before being disconnected. My Internet is fine, my computer is definitely fine (I never experience lag or anything of that sort, I run the game on full graphical settings). Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Any suggestions for what I should do?

Here is an image of the message:

join a server.  2 seconds later it loses connection befor i even get to spawn and play

or if im really unlucky i cant even get on the server

Sarnek said:
Does it do it when the map changes? Or randomly in the middle of a game?

It varies. Sometimes I can play for about five minutes whilst other times I can barely enter a game.

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Does it happen on EU servers?

Check your firewall settings.

It happens on all servers, regardless as to where they are hosted. I have checked my firewalls and have allowed Mount and Blade: Warband full access to the internet.

Made an account just to post to this thread....I have the same issue as well, any updates on a fix??

I have the same problem but I could play fine when the servers have less than 60 or so players on. What are your guys' settings? Do you have "Load Textures on Demand" checked?

well vincenzo, if you fix this so it works across the whole of warband, youll be a god to me, i am being driven insane by it since around january time

I'm having the very same "connection to server is lost" error for NW too. Been having it since yesterday, but the thing is yesterday an admin told me to go into configure and force single thread and it worked but today I still have that force single thread box checked and I still get disconnected from server after about a minute or even less. If anyone could find a solution that would be great, so we can continue playing this great addicting DLC!!!!!!

Check to see if you have more than one rgl_config.txt in your files somewhere. Depending on how many you have, the game may be using a wrong one instead of the one that you want to use.

By changing this it seems my ping has gone drastically lower and my connection more consistent and secure

Now I posted this somewhere else, but this may be helpful for those who used previous versions of M&B:W or something or another. I did and it really affected how I was able to play the game

Shad0w said:
Check to see if you have more than one rgl_config.txt in your files somewhere. Depending on how many you have, the game may be using a wrong one instead of the one that you want to use.

By changing this it seems my ping has gone drastically lower and my connection more consistent and secure

Now I posted this somewhere else, but this may be helpful for those who used previous versions of M&B:W or something or another. I did and it really affected how I was able to play the game
I searched rgl_config in start and found that I had 2 of those documents and I deleted one and tried play M&B:NW again and, while I lasted longer than before I still disconnected after a couple of minutes. I didn't even get to spawn.

donutdude99 said:
Shad0w said:

I searched rgl_config in start and found that I had 2 of those documents and I deleted one and tried play M&B:NW again and, while I lasted longer than before I still disconnected after a couple of minutes. I didn't even get to spawn.

Make sure it still has 'use_secure_connection=0' and not 1.

That's my only real help, wish I could be more! :sad:

Shad0w said:
donutdude99 said:
Shad0w said:

Make sure it still has 'use_secure_connection=0' and not 1.

That's my only real help, wish I could be more! :sad:
Yeah it does say the secure connection is 0 not 1..... yeah I'm preeetty stuck, but thank you so much for trying to help. I really appreciate it. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom