Mount and blade: Warband wont start up on steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

hmmm now it seems I cant create folders, dunno whats wrong, i'm on windows 7 and im getting 'error 0x80004805: Unspecified error' when ever i go into documents and 'create new folder' :S prehaps this is stopping the mount and blade files from being put here?

Caba`drin said:
1. Go to \Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ and find the file rgl_config.txt
2. Rename the file rgl_config_bad.txt
3. Try to start Warband...it should run.
4. If it does run, go to http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3720 and upload the file rgl_config_bad.txt so the devs can see what went wrong and hopefully fix it in the next patch.

Just tried it and it still doesnt run.

If it helps (I doubt it does) my mount and blade works, this is only happening with warband.

Edit: Just installed direct x as well. Works now, everyone should try this.

Sir Cheswick II said:
Just installed direct x as well. Works now, everyone should try this.

Updating ActiveX did the trick.

Warband wouldn't launch at all, I came here to see if others were having the same issue.  I wasn't able to find a rgl_config.txt file anywhere on my machine so that wasn't any help.

Saw your post, updated ActiveX and now I'm back in business.  Thanks!

Same issue started yesterday evening. Tried to config thing and nothing happened. Same as before. Redownloaded adobe flash to get the updated activex and nothing!

This is so stupid. How can steam not realise these problems or fix them when it happens. All my other steam games are running.

Reinstall Direct X here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

This has worked for three people now, so your best bet is doing this.

Sir Cheswick II said:
Caba`drin said:
1. Go to \Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\ and find the file rgl_config.txt
2. Rename the file rgl_config_bad.txt
3. Try to start Warband...it should run.
4. If it does run, go to http://bugs.taleworlds.com/edit_bug.aspx?id=3720 and upload the file rgl_config_bad.txt so the devs can see what went wrong and hopefully fix it in the next patch.

Just tried it and it still doesnt run.

If it helps (I doubt it does) my mount and blade works, this is only happening with warband.

Edit: Just installed direct x as well. Works now, everyone should try this.
How do i Re-install ? since im trying to use that link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
And it simply say's that i already have DirectX and the problem is appearing exactly the same,Ive been not able to play
M&B warband for a very very long time ..

I had my Hard Drive wiped because it stopped working for reasons unknown and my mount & blade stopped working, I had re-installed directX 9 and it started working again.

Issue:
Tried everything in these posts including reloading DirectX from Msoft website, renaming obscure files, Checking integrity, clearing local content and redownload, rebooting pc etc all failed.

Still had weird initial screen with buttons all over the place and back screen torn, game just disappeared when attempt to run etc.  (Win 7 64 bit Steam base)

Fix:
Completely removed video driver then reinstall and runs perfect now.

Method:
Assumes windows 7 - (be aware win 7 loads drivers really easily where xp and vista might need driver from your supplier or disk that came with the vid card)
Start / My computer / <right click> / manage / device manager / display adapters / Right click the video driver and select UNINSTALL

Once its complete
Computer management screen / device manager / action / scan for hardware changes

I was a victim of the problem faced by OP. Turns out I could get it to work by sending the game over to my integrated graphics, so I concluded something with my nvidia card was getting in the way. Through trial and error, I discovered that FXAA was the cause of the problem. Hopefully this knowledge will be useful to someone.

So went through every trick i saw in this forum and some other stuff as well to no avail. Goofed off for a bit because i had a suspicion it might be a direct x problem still and heres how i fixed it.

My computer/Program files/Steam/Steam apps/Common/Mount and Blade warband/DirectX/DXsetup

I was running the latest directX 11 on windows 7, this morning i got the update drivers screen, did so and then this game wouldnt work. I downloaded driver detectors, re-started the cpu, system restore for 3 days ago, un installed video cards and re-installed, deleted the game and re-installed, verifyed cache and a variety of other tactics that all failed. Just on the verge of saying screw it and giving up and tried this on a whim. Mission success!!

Hope this helps some other frustrated folks.

Hey guys.I have a problem on m&b.When i open mount and blade warband when the window appears it shows to me corrupted like the X to close the window is moved at the end of the screen and i can play.Please any help would be helpful.

P.S i deleted the rgl_config file

Hi guys. I have windows 8 pro and i cannot reinstall dx11 and also my mount and blade series don't work. Got any more solutions?

:evil: :roll: :lol:
Sir Cheswick II said:
When I try to start up warband on steam, the window saying "preparing to launch mount and blade: warband" appears for second or two, then simply closes without starting the game. If anyone can give me a fix for this problem it would be great. (I have re-installed it and done a few other steps to try and fix it, nothing has worked, thanks :grin:).

Well.....As a start i restarted my computer and that worked but when i left full screen mode it crashed. So after trying some ideas posted here and failing miserably, i tried to start the game in windowed mode and that worked the first try. So if anyone wants to try that.....le derp

iam also having the same problem. i tried to do the rgl_config.txt thing but it just made it worst.Now i cant even go into the launching tab.PLS HELP  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom