Far Cry 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Generic FPS with storytelling elements have reached their peak long ago. Don't go expecting any reinventing to happen anytime soon unless they create some new visceral control systems.

I was talking about the Cryengine games. Not sure if I like. The other games tried to add something new. Far Cry Instincts made you a mutant. Crysis made you a supersoldier in a fancy suit and made you fight aliens as well as soldiers. Far Cry 2 put you in Africa and was more of a sandbox game than the others. Crysis 2 had you fighting inside a city location. Why do the same thing the first game did: regular joe in paradise islands location. Though no mutants this time apparently. Just crazy people. Why not do something new again?

You can now throw knives. GASP!!

It's like soldier of fortune all over again. :lol: This one has streamlined cover shooting though, judging by past gameplay videos. Don't know if it's the same as the Crysis 2 system. (The game was so forgetable I don't even remember if it had a cover system)

Because. Video game industry is just like the music industry, its inflated with copies and remakes, over used ideas no originality.

Yes yes whatever. If they took the "we're not going to even pretend we're doing something else than the exact same thing we did before " I wish they'd done something similar to Far Cry 2, but without the irritating flaws.

Off topic: But isn't there a cross-platform shooter in the making? Supports huge amount of players? I remember seeing a video for it but the name has slipped my mind.  :???:

I was looking forward to CS : GO being cross platform until they decided ps3's would delay patches for pc and canned it.

Consoles ruin everything, for once I would like to just completely ruin their k/ds.

I just remember it was a huge fps. Kinda like Planetside, but cross platformed. Drivable vehicles and such. I'l do some research and be back here  :wink:

EDIT: I found it. New thread?

Hope blood, gore and lack of cosmetic bullet damage was because of the tech demo.
It was crap and non existant.

Why is DICE pretty much the only FPS developer who can actually make good gunsounds and ambience?

Radalan said:
Why is DICE pretty much the only FPS developer who can actually make good gunsounds and ambience?
Yeah, I dont get it. Saw it long ago the first time, and I agree. the firing sounds like... ****. Dont get their problem with proper sounds, its supposed to be noisy, and  just to mention one gun, the AK does make a very distinctive sound. Where as in most games, many guns sound alike.  :neutral:

Oh hi gamer. Press A to do awesome things and get points for shooting the ai in the singleplayer game. Oh, you got wounded, better hide for five seconds. Now here's a cool prerendered cutscene...have some dubstep too!

Back
Top Bottom