Mount and Blade: Warband won't launch

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, Swadian noble123.

Rgl_config.txt file should be located at My Documents/Mount&BladeWarband. That is not the installation directory of the game. Please check there and delete the rlg_config file to force the game to create a new one.

If that doesn't work and if you have the game on steam: Go to your Steam library, right click on M&B:Warband, select "Properties", click on the "Local Files" tab and then click on "Verify integrity of the game cache". That should let Steam re-download corrupt files. If you do not have the game on Steam, reinstalling could solve the problem.

Hey guys.I have a problem on m&b.When i open mount and blade warband when the window appears it shows to me corrupted like the X to close the window is moved at the end of the screen and i cant play.Please any help would be helpful.

P.S i deleted the rgl_config file

hello, guys i have problem with this game and i want just guess why i have problem so, i guess something is ruined in my system. And that's because i deleted something like runtime error staff accidentally.
Sorry if i write so badly but i don't be professional in these things :smile:

GRRR!! I've got the same effing problem. I've deleted the file that everyone said to, deleted and re installed warband. virus check. and nothing. Really wanna continue the game after all the work I've put into it.  What should I do?

Can you check your rgl log? Should be in Warband's folder in your My Documents folder.

Also:
If that doesn't work and if you have the game on steam: Go to your Steam library, right click on M&B:Warband, select "Properties", click on the "Local Files" tab and then click on "Verify integrity of the game cache". That should let Steam re-download corrupt files. If you do not have the game on Steam, reinstalling could solve the problem.

generic application error. enable debug output for detailed information

switching to refference rasterizer, a software device theat implements the entire direct3D feature set but runs very slowly.

i need help please if was working fine the past week then i got this error everytime i launch the game.

I just got linux and installed this game, shows what I think is a loading screen but the loading bar is weird yellow blocks the goes to a black screen with music playing.

Tried deleting the rgl_config and and rgl_log but they don't seem to have any effect.

Also verified the files through steam.

Any help would be great.

I'm running a amd A8 6600 apu

Years late but who cares for people having problems further on the line closer to my date i also using trial and error found another way
- first move any wanted things out of mount and blade folders such as mods ect
- Unistall mount and blade through steam
- this will leave two folders (Mountblade warband) and (mount&blade warband)
- I deleted both of these folders
- re-install mount and blade through steam
- this should take longer as its basically re-installing the game from scratch which should fix the error you cant find.

My game won't even launch the launcher. I press play on steam and it just says running for a second, syncing, then just stops.
I ONLY have the game on steam so I just have the steam files, but there's no rgl_config.txt
I searched Mount & Blade Warband in my documents section and I deleted rgl_config there, which was just text so that might have been it, but in the Mount & Blade Warband folder there was just a sceneObj folder inside of that. Idk what I'm supposed to do with my rgl_log but I found that so I can copy it here if I need to. I haven't installed any mods yet. Pls help I put 51 hours into this game in more or less a week and I love it a ton but I can't open the launcher to launch the game. If I open the launcher it won't crash though like a the problem most people are having. PLS HELP

Galahad_KnightOfApollo said:
My game won't even launch the launcher. I press play on steam and it just says running for a second, syncing, then just stops.
I ONLY have the game on steam so I just have the steam files, but there's no rgl_config.txt
I searched Mount & Blade Warband in my documents section and I deleted rgl_config there, which was just text so that might have been it, but in the Mount & Blade Warband folder there was just a sceneObj folder inside of that. Idk what I'm supposed to do with my rgl_log but I found that so I can copy it here if I need to. I haven't installed any mods yet. Pls help I put 51 hours into this game in more or less a week and I love it a ton but I can't open the launcher to launch the game. If I open the launcher it won't crash though like a the problem most people are having. PLS HELP
Oh yeah I also went to properties on steam, local files, and verified the whatever and nothing happened. I ran a virus check too.

Have you tried going to the game files and opening the launcher without Steam? It's not saying "Missing executable" is it?

I remember some of my games doing this same thing at one point, not just Warband, so a restart of Steam can also be a solution.

Yes as I was searching thru the files I tried that. It didn't say anything but nothing happened at all :sad: I also reinstalled it on steam and that didn't work
It's very comforting tho that I was replied to that fast so thank you very much and I'm confident I'll get it to work with others' and your help. :smile:

I'm having this issue.

I recently installed on a new computer.

When I try to launch the game from Steam, the Launcher doesn't even show up.

I've verified the cache, restarted, checked DirectX and drivers, reinstalled... nothing.

Considering I put almost 500 hours into the game before, this is extremely frustrating.

BTW my game works now. IDK why. I had this problem before but I would just restart my computer and it would be good. This was just the longest it's happened. I guess it's just an on and off thing, but like I said most were immediately fixed, but this one really worried me.I'll say so if it keeps happening, but IDK if there's a way to stop it from doing it. Maybe it's like a harsh cold, and you're just coughing, whatever. But then you finally throw up and it sucks but the next day you're cured. I'll see. Thx for helping.

Back
Top Bottom