NW Completed Friday North American Line Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am writing this reply to express my concerns about this line battle. Note this reply can be taken down freely as the chances are it won't spark anything positive however may spark something negative.

The 13thSLI have been doing this event for months. We have been very relaxed coming into the event with 5arge and just having fun. Rarely does the atmosphere get so bad that I ever had to post my concerns on the forum but today, Friday 15/16th of June was not a happy event. I do understand that 5arge was away, and that individuals like Deo from the 1stEPI took the event for him. I host my own line battles, I do know what it takes. I do know that it's very easy to make mistakes and mess something up. But the 13thSLI along with the other CWD regiment walked away not happy and rather very unsatisfied.

For all the trolling and pointless things to start in game chat in the first place is not like it usually is in this event. Random bull**** like that does not happen here. I blame the atmosphere around the whole event before it started. Regiments that are usually cavalry or artillery or skirmishers like the 13th were told to go line in double columns. That really lowered the morale and attitude for everyone. Then admins not doing their jobs as they should be. Unbalanced teams are acceptable but pointless camping with 40 people in a fortified fence position with double stacked sand bags is not cool. On top of that, arguing about that made a big trolling argument in game chat which admins did nothing about.

I shall not name anyone and pick out individuals. I am making this reply to express my concerns, I do understand this event was not organized in the first place was the base of all the problems but this event is never like this. This might be a one off but the best I can do to contribute is express what I have to say.

If you do not enjoy going to the event, I highly recommend finding a different one to attend. It is not to benefit myself that I run these, but for the benefit of those who enjoy the rules I and 5arge defined and for the benefit of the players I represent and lead.

I am sure 5arge will come to comment on this once he returns from his trip, if he finds my statements to be lacking I am sure he will say as such.

'Admins not doing their jobs'. There was only one admin, and it was me. Please explain, in detail, what job I did not do. I am all ears and only wish to improve my capabilities as an administrator.

The thing is, we do enjoy the event. Greatly in fact. I don't want to just leave because of a 1 time thing that ended up in a troll fest. We do enjoy the event and that is why I am bringing this here as a concern issue. I'm concerned about the future of this event. We've been doing it for months, I wouldn't feel cool if we just ditched it.

Was fun having the entire PA on one team vs the Reddit. However I do somewhat feel the reddit should really enforce the no fire out of formation I got shot twice and many of my folk were slain in such a manner. As well as the chat spam.

Commander Millander said:
Was fun having the entire PA on one team vs the Reddit. However I do somewhat feel the reddit should really enforce the no fire out of formation I got shot twice and many of my folk were slain in such a manner. As well as the chat spam.

I do believe we were on different servers, how ever I am not sure. I do hope you had a much more enjoyable time. I won't rip on Deo for being a bad admin. It happens, it's not easy as I explained in a private message to Deo. Our event was a big troll fest in the end. Just a very sour experience.

However I do somewhat feel the reddit should really enforce the no fire out of formation I got shot twice and many of my folk were slain in such a manner. As well as the chat spam.

I would like to point out that the one point where the fire out of formation was discussed in chat during the battle was when 4-5 separate reddit regiments all with 2-3 guys left and each was in a different teamspeak channel, so disorganization should be expected at that point. If you don't want us to get disorganized then don't shoot officers.

As for the chat spam, please please don't take anything any reddit member says personally. Like many groups we have our trolls and by being from such a place as reddit we have more trolls than most, but the best way for you to fight them is to not feed them just ignore them and they will go away.

Yaxim3 said:
As for the chat spam, please please don't take anything any reddit member says personally like many groups we have our trolls and by being from such a place as reddit we have more trolls than most but the best way for you to fight them is to not feed them just ignore them and they will go away.

Agreed

It's a shame others didn't have a good time. The pubbers had an absolute blast.

At first I was worried about the pub regiment. We started quite late, so I was worried the new pubbers might have gone impatient, and there were quite a few new pubbers. Training didn't start well, which was expected with so many new players. The training definitely distracted us from all the raging that I just now found out was going on. Fortunately, there were no trolls, and everyone was enthusiastic and listened very well, so they weren't difficult to work with at all. 5arge and Thurne weren't there, so I was left to run the regiment by myself. Fortunately, lots of the pub veterans turned up, as per usual, and they were able to help lead by example, making my life that much easier.

Pub put on, in my bias view, what I think was an MVP performance. Pubbers were constantly high up in the score board, and every team we played for, won.

We absolutely dominated at times. On a couple of rounds, we made the classic pub move of taking on the entire enemy's team, dying gloriously, but taking the enemies down with us. On one particular round, by the time they killed the last pubber, there were 9 enemies left, against 40 of our allies.

Big shout out again to all the pub veterans who help me keep the whole thing together. Also, our sapper, who all night probably never had more than 25 build points to work with, so he just started chopping people down with his axe instead.

As ever, team photo:
KBps7.jpg

P.S. My apologies for the mic problem. My 6 year old laptop is on its last legs. I think I've found a way of working around it though, so hopefully next time won't be as bad.

Cheers!

Deofuta said:
If you wish to participate in this line battle, you will send me a PM on this site. This PM will contain your regiment, its leader (should be you), and a statement that says both you and all of your men have read the rules listed by 5arge, and that you agree to abide by them unconditionally, at risk of immediate removal form the event and all future events.
This has already been done. I have PMs from every regiment leader on the Guest List agreeing to follow and enforce the event rules. We shall cull the nonbelievers from the flock and be done with it.

Kawee said:
It's a shame others didn't have a good time. The pubbers had an absolute blast.
Glory to the Pubs.

Honestly, a lot of fire out of formations, both from us and anyone else who does it, boils down to individuals doing it either to troll or simply because the forgot. We always remind our guys to not do it but some seem to always slip by. And it's hardest on our brigade when a few do it and make the other 60 of us look bad about it.

It's unfortunate to hear the others didn't had as much fun as the pubs did on the server we were on. Though as stated before there were lots of early sapper camping, given that our sapper lacked the necessary points once we got into the thick of enemy lines. Anyways some stuff from the linebattle event:

Some footage of the LB event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUqRQOplDA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESal-JXRKcM

A photo of me back in the front lines once again, some other pubber wanted a crack at flag bearer.
2238361-vlc_2012_06_15_23_22_09_07_super.png

Thanks for capturing all that Matt. We definitely kicked some arses. Best part was, we had a bunch of new players in the line as well.

Looks like the Pub line had a good number of people, sorry I missed it. But it sounds like despite all the craziness the Pubs had fun, but we are awesome so that's to be expected. I'll be there this week and hopefully the line will be just as big or I can get some Pubtillary, but I wouldn't say no to both.

Commissar_Thurne said:
Looks like the Pub line had a good number of people, sorry I missed it. But it sounds like despite all the craziness the Pubs had fun, but we are awesome so that's to be expected. I'll be there this week and hopefully the line will be just as big or I can get some Pubtillary, but I wouldn't say no to both.
Heh, we gotta try to keep the ball rolling. I admit, it was quite nostalgic getting back to the harshness of double line/column training in under 10-15 minutes. Like always, we managed to pull it off, somehow someway.

SilentMatthew said:
Heh, we gotta try to keep the ball rolling. I admit, it was quite nostalgic getting back to the harshness of double line/column training in under 10-15 minutes. Like always, we managed to pull it off, somehow someway.

Yeah it's been a while since we've had enough people to have a proper 2 rank line.

If there's one thing I've learned leading the pubs, it's that they are the most versatile and badass infantry I have ever met, and can learn entire formations and movements in several minutes. Better than most of this community too. :razz:

We enjoyed building the great redoubt last friday  :wink: and our Grenadiers are snapping at the bit to get back in the fight, Needless to say we are all looking forward to the battle this coming friday!  :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom