Status
Not open for further replies.

5arge

Master Knight
flb2.png
flb.png

When: Fridays at 9:00pm EDT

Where: Prussian_Army_Public

TeamSpeak: 74.91.116.171 TeamSpeak is REQUIRED for public players who attend and regiments will receive the password via TeamSpeak.

Admins: 5arge, Deofuta, and Heinrich

This weekly line battle is open to all public players and NW regiments by invitation only. The server will be passworded, and only public players in TeamSpeak will receive the password once the event has begun. Pubs should join the "Public Regiment" channel unless told otherwise by an admin. Public players who arrive late and miss the short training period may be denied the password. Regiment leaders will receive the password via TeamSpeak in the Line Battle Administration channel. One skirmisher, cavalry, engineer, and artillery unit will be assigned per faction. We will be playing best of three rounds on three different maps.

Please familiarize yourself with the new set of rules for this event. Players will be expected to know and follow the rules if they attend.
General Expectations:

-Officers and NCOs are responsible for enforcing the event rules within their ranks. Failure to do so will result in the entire regiment being punished.

-All regiments must agree that they understand and intend to follow the event rules before they are allowed to attend.

-If either side has 3 soldiers or less alive, the rules governing combat may be ignored in order to expedite an end to the round.

-Postponing defeat will result in an automatic slay.

Guidelines for Infantry and Skirmishers:

-Lines of more than 12 soldiers must fight in two ranks.

-Skirmisher units may never exceed 15 soldiers.

-Soldiers should only fire their muskets while in a properly spaced line formation, or risk being slain with no warning.
              -"One space" is the width of your avatar on screen
              -Infantry should have less than 1 space between them
              -Light Infantry (skirmisher w/ bayonet) may have 3 spaces between them
              -Riflemen may have up to 5 spaces between them

-Skirmishers may crouch at any time, but Infantry may only crouch if they are in the front of a two (or more) rank line.

-If only 2 men remain in a line, they must immediately join a friendly line OR charge directly toward their enemy into melee

Guidelines for Cavalry:

-Cavalry units may never exceed 15 soldiers.

-Cavalry may fire muskets from horseback, but must be in a line as with Infantry.

-Unhorsed/dismounted Cavalry are considered Light Infantry.

Guidelines for Engineers:

-Engineer units may never exceed 4 soldiers.

-Infantry and Skirmisher regiments may have 1 Engineer in their unit.

-Musket armed Engineers are considered Light Infantry.

Guidelines for Artillery:

-Each faction is allowed 2 guns (cannon, howitzer, or mortar). 2 rockets count as 1 gun.

-Each gun can have a crew of 3 Artillerymen and 2 Bodyguards.

-Artillery Bodyguards may choose Infantry, Skirmisher, or Engineer classes, but must obey Light Infantry spacing rules.

If your regiment is invited, and you would like to apply for a special position (artillery, cavalry, skirmishers, or engineers), send me a PM in the following format:
In the subject, place "[Role] Application for [Date]" ( For example, Skirmisher Application for 4/20/12 )

Regiment:
Role Desired:
Number of members:
Previous Experiences:

Our Guest List is currently full and we are no longer accepting applications for the Waiting List.
The following regiments have been formally invited and have agreed to enforce the event rules within their ranks. These regiments will receive the password each Friday:

Regiment name (reserved slots)

Public Regiment (25)
1stEPI (25)
19te (20)
1stFKI (25)
13te (15)
1te (15)
SAdraGoons (30)
1stRddt Brigade (60)
[1erVL] (15)
1tesWfs (20)
13SLI (15)
1er Grenadiers (15)

The following regiments have been formally invited, but have not accepted the invitation yet, and have not agreed to enforce the event rules in their ranks. Their space in the event is not guaranteed:

The following regiments are on the waiting list and will be formally invited when space opens up:

77th Continental (20)
59th Nottinghamshire (15)
47th Lancashire (15)

The rules sound good, although I wonder if they will need any fine tuning after a few battles. I am really looking forward to these battles again in NW! Having cavalry be able to fire from horseback in a line will be interesting.

FIGHTING THIRTY-THIRD!!!

Sir Prince said:
The rules sound good, although I wonder if they will need any fine tuning after a few battles. I am really looking forward to these battles again in NW! Having cavalry be able to fire from horseback in a line will be interesting.
I expect some tweaking, especially in regard to Engineers. I tried to use my experience beta testing NW when I was coming up with these rules so we will see how they fit.

Sometimes we crouch behind a hill to prevent casualties from artillery fire, are we still able to crouch out of combat with the new crouching rule, or is that enforced at all times?

SilentMatthew said:
I wonder what the new wave of pubs would be like for the  first NA Public NW Linebattle this week...
I hope they're bad. I hope they brand new and bad, but 60 of them turn up  :lol:

Oh Sargey Wargey! This is a very fun event, the 87th Royal Irish Fusiliers may come back one day, to beat the EPI in battle once again :wink: xx

stewart29th said:
Oh Sargey Wargey! This is a very fun event, the 87th Royal Irish Fusiliers may come back one day, to beat the EPI in battle once again :wink: xx
You'd have to stay for the entire event to do that...

...is that even possible?

5arge said:
stewart29th said:
You'd have to stay for the entire event to do that...

...is that even possible?

It is, as long as I have coffee :wink: xx

There's an odd double entendre in there somewhere I just know it

Anyway, looking forward to the first one!

The Leib Husaren Regiment Nr.2 won't be there for this one. We want to have a training before we get into linebattles.

Good luck everyone, have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom