Kickstarter [Grim Dawn]

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys! Well it finally has happened. If you've ever heard of Titan Quest and or Iron Lore you may have known about Grim Dawn. Crate Entertainment has been working on their new ARPG since 2009. I purchased an early key from them about a year ago in hopes to support them, and overall they have made a lot of progress. However they are reaching out to ask the community on kickstarter for more. If you'll notice they simply state the game will come out its just a matter of "when" with kickstarter funds they have the ability to hire a couple more people and push it out sooner! Hopefully these guys turn into a Wasteland 2 because honestly there are not enough "good" ARPG's out there.

With Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile do we really need another "loot" based game? Absolutely these guys have been straight forward with their community. Because they are indie developers they come on to the forums interact with the community daily! They let some of the choices even fall into our hands. If any kickstarter needs your support its certainly these guys.  Hopefully some of you guys will look into it and support this awesome dev team!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

Ambalon said:
Sir Justino said:
With Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile do we really need another "loot" based game?
Nope. Torchlight 2 and PoE will be awesome.

:smile: nothing wrong with that. I personally can't wait for Torchlight 2 to come out. Diablo 3 i was so hyped for years to the point im not dropping money on it anymore. PoE I played the closed beta and it was "alright" certainly interested to see where it goes though. However I guess I just assume most people who enjoy this genre enjoy different flavors of it :smile:. Thanks for the input!

As with every other kickstarter project I hope they make it, but I'm not gonna help with this one. aRPG combat is really getting old.
Make the same game with Dark Souls or M&B combat and I would probably invest 100£ into it.

Ambalon said:
Sir Justino said:
With Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile do we really need another "loot" based game?
Nope.

FTFY. Hopefully TL2 will vastly improve over TL1 (which never really interested me) and I honestly couldn't care less about any of the other new ARPGs coming out, they all look equally ****e.

They lost me for a bit when it was clear they haven't been paying that much attention to the genre ("we don't know of too many (or any?) ARPGs that let you make meaningful quest decisions and allow you to earn favor or go to war with different NPC factions"), got even more worried when they contradicted themselves by talking about unlockable bridges and open world.

Got my money back with the Steampunk Victorian theme though.

I've been debating for a couple years now wither or not to kick them money on it, finally bit with the Kickstarter they have going on.

Sir Justino said:

Yes. All games would be improved by being such.

Sartek said:
Gave them some moneys as well. Indie devs love money.

Hope this will be better than D3. Kinda disappointed in that. Too mainstream, man.

Thanks man, there really is just something about Indie dev's that get me more excited about those big titles. D3 is a bit disappointing for me as well, I was in closed beta. Oh well we will see if I get it or not. May just wait 1 month for Torchlight and saved 40 bucks.

Just an update! The game is close to 65% funded they've added some new pictures, a revised intro (first couple of paragraphs), a new musical piece and another pledge level. For 32 bucks you can now get the 2 copies at a lower price for a loved one or friend!

Forsome reason i love the level in the wheat field, think that was very similar to titans quest. But anyway not toally into the kickstarter thing, though if i was tossing money at an arpg developer, it would be the dins quest guy, hes seems to be at least moving the genera forward with nis games.

Reapy said:
Forsome reason i love the level in the wheat field, think that was very similar to titans quest. But anyway not toally into the kickstarter thing, though if i was tossing money at an arpg developer, it would be the dins quest guy, hes seems to be at least moving the genera forward with nis games.

Yeah I've only backed these guys because I really like them and have followed them in forums for a while. I'm not keen on the whole kickstarter thing I think its great and we get to see a lot of indie games come to fruition but a lot of the games on there are just concepts.

And most of them would remain just concepts without receiving money. I`m sure all of you have complained about how simplistic modern games are, how they expect their players to be idiots, guiding their hands and never let them fail.

Indie devs can make games that are not ruined by publishers telling them to dumb down their games. But they need money for that.

I have backed only two projects so far. This one that has solid content out already and The Dead Linger, which, at the moment I backed it, had nothing but concept art and promises. But it promised to be everything I have wanted in a zombie game. If they can deliver only a quarter of what they promised, it was well worth my money.

Sartek said:
And most of them would remain just concepts without receiving money. I`m sure all of you have complained about how simplistic modern games are, how they expect their players to be idiots, guiding their hands and never let them fail.

Indie devs can make games that are not ruined by publishers telling them to dumb down their games. But they need money for that.

I have backed only two projects so far. This one that has solid content out already and The Dead Linger, which, at the moment I backed it, had nothing but concept art and promises. But it promised to be everything I have wanted in a zombie game. If they can deliver only a quarter of what they promised, it was well worth my money.

I certainly have nothing wrong with concepts and ideas, I just find my "pledge clicking hand" a bit hesitant on those projects apposed to one's with game play videos or bigger named guys. However I certainly am starting to linger on Kickstarter a bit more really haven't even been on it until Grim Dawn Posted. I'v stared a few projects and will follow them.

The guy doing this game is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) over on Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/t1ljl/iama_titan_quest_designer_struggling_to_launch_an/

Seems to still be on-going, so if you want to ask him anything, now's a good time.

Another music update #9: A new track titled "Lonely Moon" sounds great.

Check it out over at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn/posts

Back
Top Bottom