say cheese

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brujoloco said:
I was in a big roadway, that had a lot of dirt paths sneaking through it, a huge water pipe channel ran alongside it for several kilometers. To my right and left there were huts and modest houses belonging to the Wayuu Tribe, every few kilometers you could see the shoddy haphazardly made wooden poles that siphoned electricity from the bigger road adjacent metal poles, using random bits of wire and jury*riggedtransformers. Scarce desert like vegetation and the occasional goats. The liquid rivulets forming under the huge pipe, perforated almost randomly every few kilometers, with smaller pipes to also siphon, like the wires above, but instead of power, water.

Sand and mud, that acrid feeling of aridness yet moist when a breeze wafted by, always present and the Sun. Shining uncaringly , giving the earth a bigger brown palette, more shades of the same color, more vivid, but more dead to my senses.

A few kilometers more and I reached my University Campus, far removed from the main city and everyone was talking about the incident. Classes were skipped, some simply left back to their homes, in a hurry. Others simply gathered around campus, talking, explaining, trying to keep on, just living.

And to this day all I can remember is the arid terrain, the sand cloaking the roadway, the rust in the main water pipe that ran almost for eternity, the Wayuu going on about their daily business , the squalor and the almost timeless nature of that remote part of the country.

It was a strange day for me, so removed from the actual event. Yet in our city life went on, with a perhaps confused air, slightly off track demeanor, a vague pondering as every TV set and radio station was repeating over and over the incident or talking about it. There were even reports in Goajiro, the Wayuu Language in some Radio Stations, so everyone could be informed. I bet we all did.

I know a lot of people still remember what they were doing that day.
This dude... this dude is really going all out.

I don't think the two are really comparable though. Then again, I'd say it's your body so if you want to soup it up with bovine growth hormones, then knock yourself out.

Dryvus said:
Pharaoh X Llandy said:
She's taking hormones to make her boobs grow, therefore boob pics will have to wait until they've grown.

Where can one... acquire such hormones?

Smuggled by oar-propelled dinghy from the mystical land of hormonia. Why? You looking into becoming a beboobened lumberjack?

I think I was at school when 9/11 went down. 7/7 I can't remember where I was. 22/7 we were in Sweden buying baby formula and cigs and didn't hear about it until the Norwegian radio stations kicked in on the way home.

AWdeV said:
I don't think the two are really comparable though. Then again, I'd say it's your body so if you want to soup it up with bovine growth hormones, then knock yourself out.
I think they are. A woman who wants to become a man would take the same hormones, no questions asked. But I agree in that, hey, you can do whatever if it doesn't hurt anyone. Anyway, I was being facetious.

Teofish said:
22/7 we were in Sweden buying baby formula and cigs and didn't hear about it until the Norwegian radio stations kicked in on the way home.
My Norwegian relatives were actually visiting us in Canada for the first time when it happened. Nefarious and suspicious in some vague way. Do you always pop 'round to Sweden when you need a pack of cigs? 

Brujoloco said:

Mrs. Dryvus said:

I'm sorry, was my jovial rejoinder earlier this morning taken as some sort of invitation for people to launch into off-topic soliloquy spam? Was my subtle hint for people to drop the off-topic crap perhaps a little too subtle?

If you want to create a separate thread for WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON 9/11 then feel free, I won't stop you. If you want to continue spamming this thread, then I will stop you.

Edit: Damn, I missed quoting Teo's post.

You too, Teo.

Mrs. Dryvus said:
Teofish said:
22/7 we were in Sweden buying baby formula and cigs and didn't hear about it until the Norwegian radio stations kicked in on the way home.
My Norwegian relatives were actually visiting us in Canada for the first time when it happened. Nefarious and suspicious in some vague way. Do you always pop 'round to Sweden when you need a pack of cigs?
Sweden is Norway's Walmart.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
If you want to create a separate thread for WHAT WERE YOU DOING ON 9/11 then feel free, I won't stop you. If you want to continue spamming this thread, then I will stop you.

You too, Teo.

NP, keeping in topic :grin: , removed offending post!

Cheers!

o/

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Brujoloco said:

Mrs. Dryvus said:

I'm sorry, was my jovial rejoinder earlier this morning taken as some sort of invitation for people to launch into off-topic soliloquy spam? Was my subtle hint for people to drop the off-topic crap perhaps a little too subtle?

You too, Teo.
I wasn't even the least bit serious. It was a joke about the recurring how tall are you, how tall is your significant other, how long have you been here discussion that goes on for pages, which I never take part in anyhow. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom