Users who are viewing this thread

Hibiki

Sergeant Knight at Arms

27e REGIMENT D'INFANTERIE DE LIGNE

1er Compagnie de Fusiliers

square.png

chapterbreak.png
I N T R O D U C T I O N .

Welcome to the 27th Regiment of Infantry's first company of fusiliers! This is the first of many companies which are to compose the regiment. Our eventual goal is to raise a legitimate battalion, and to create the most authentic, professional, and enjoyable unit in the Napoleonic Wars community. To this end, we are looking for intelligent, motivated, and mature members!

chapterbreak.png
A B O U T  U S .

The most important question we can answer anyone interested in the 27e is why we play, and what we enjoy. People play for different reasons, and enjoy different aspects of the game. So to find out if the 27e is for you, please read on!

Authenticity.
One of the primary things we enjoy in the 27e is authenticity. This means meaningful and authentic structure and organization, tactics, and even words of command. If you enjoy reenactment of any form, the 27e is the place for you. When properly adapted to the game, authentic tactics and organization not only make line battles much more fun and immersive, but also give us distinct advantages in the field. With minimum instruction, recruits can be taught to march cohesively by the front or flank, to change front to any direction either on the march, or from a halt, and to operate cohesively either in close, or extended order, providing an unrivaled level of flexibility and maneuverability.

Having fun!
Despite this level of authenticity and professionalism, the 27e is also primarily concerned with it being fun! This means that we endeavor not to be too demanding of any of our members. Practices are to be kept short and sweet, and always proceed fun skirmishes or line battles. Members may attend as many, or as few events as they like, and will never suffer any kind of penalty for inactivity; the only exception being members holding rank and responsibility, who are required to be sufficiently active to fulfill their duties.

Good Leadership.
An important part of enjoyment of a regiment also depends on the maturity, and competence of its leaders. Every member of the 27th can expect competent and mature leadership,  as every leader is to consider himself in service to those he leads, and is required to exhibit maturity, responsibility, knowledge of his duties, and competence in performing them.

Opportunity!
Lastly, the 27e offers opportunity for those interested in leading their own units. Because we are structured as an authentic regiment, which is to be composed of several companies, experienced members may apply for a commission to raise and run their own companies within the regiment. This can be done by speaking with the Colonel, and learning what will be required to successfully raise and run a new unit.

chapterbreak.png
C O D E  O F  C O N D U C T .

1. On Respect
Be respectful to everyone, regardless of the circumstance. This includes your fellow members in the 27e, members of other regiments, public players, &c.  It also means respecting server rules, and the decisions of admins and superiors.

2. On Vulgarity
Limit vulgarity, and exhibit respectable behaviour. While occasional use of profanity is acceptable, excessively vulgar speech is not. While in formation, unsightly behavior such as "head-banging" is not acceptable.

3. On Retaliation
Never retaliate. Whether you are being insulted, team killed, or whatever the circumstance, do not retaliate, as it only escalates the situation. Never teamkill under any circumstance ; it is not acceptable.

chapterbreak.png
C O M P A N Y  R O S T E R .

1er COMPAGNIE DE FUSILIERS
Cpt_Argus​

FIRST SECTION                 
    1erSgt_Kandin
        Cpl_Furnie
            Fus_Gopats
            Fus_McCann
            Fus_Fantaisie
            Fus_Goatman
            Fus_Crowley
            Fus_Omitto
            Fus_Glysrandir
            Fus_Sanders
            Fus_Myrmedon

SECOND SECTION                 
    2eSgt_Sven
        Cpl_RoyaleWithCheese
            Fus_Shifty
            Fus_Rethmeier
            Fus_Septimus
            Fus_Friendlyfyre
            Fus_Crixus 
            Fus_Argos
            Fus_TheGreatPlague
            Fus_Turtle

INACTIVE                 

RESERVE                 
            Rsv_KingBilco
            Rsv_Thomas
            Rsv_Smith
            Rsv_Taurias
            Rct_StGene
            Rct_GhillyVn
            Rct_Frenchie
            Rct_Baker
            Rct_Murat (Chubs)
            Rct_Newbie

chapterbreak.png
E V E N T S .

Our events are open. Members, and non-members of the 27e are welcomed to attend the events below. To attend an event, log in to our teamspeak at the designated time. Guests and new recruits are required to come on time, so that they may receive basic instruction.

Tuesday Night North-American Line Battle

8:00pm EST

Saturday Practice with the Prussian Army.

3:00pm EST / 8:00pm GMT

Sunday Practice and Line Battle.

2:00pm EST / 7:00pm GMT
*Awaiting confirmation.

chapterbreak.png
J O I N I N G .

To apply, please join the steam group, and reply to this thread with the application below.

1. In-Game Name

2. Past Experience (If Applicable)

3. Which events are you able to attend?

chapterbreak.png
T E A M  S P E A K  &  S T E A M  G R O U P  I N F O R M A T I O N .

TeamSpeak.
206.217.143.242:7595

Steam Group.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/27e

ORGANIZATION OF THE REGIMENT

For

The 27e Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne.

chapterbreak.png
C O M P A N Y  S T R U C T U R E .

In the field, authentic companies ranged from 60-120 in strength. For our scale in Mount & Musket, this number should be fifteen to twenty. Each Company is raised, organized, and run by its Captain, and follows the general structure of organization below.

COMPANY
    Cpt_Name

FIRST SECTION                 
    1erSgt_Name 
        Cpl_Name
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
        Cpl_Name
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 

SECOND SECTION                 
    2eSgt_Name 
        Cpl_Name
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
        Cpl_Name
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 

INACTIVE                 
            Fus_Name 
            Fus_Name 

RESERVE                 
            Rsv_Name 
            Rsv_Name 

The Corporals and Fusiliers form the backbone of the company, and when the company is of sufficient size, are assigned sections. Each section is overseen by a Sergeant, who is responsible for the members of his section. The Sergeants are assisted by the Corporals, who also fill in for the Sergeants when absent.

Inactive members are not penalized, but are moved to the INACTIVE list and contacted. If they become active again, they are reinstated into their sections. Alternatively, they may choose to be added to the RESERVES list. Members who remain on the INACTIVE list and cannot be contacted are eventually removed from the roster.

chapterbreak.png
C O M P A N Y  R A N K S .
Every rank is functional, and comes with responsibility. Ranks do not indicate privileges or status, but rather roles and responsibilities.

Capitaine
Prospective Captains may interview with the Colonel, or Lieutenant Colonel of the Regiment to receive a commission. Captains are required to know all that is contained within the Organization of the Regiment, the School of the Soldier, the School of the Company, and the School of the Battalion, and will be required to perform the following duties.

Raising a Company
1. Choose able candidates for the first and second sergeant, and with their help, begin recruiting.
2. Once you have found 9-12 prospective members, work with the Colonel or Lieutenant Colonel to make a thread for the company.
      The title should contain:
              "..."
      Include the following:
              a. Introduction
              b. Code of Conduct
              c. Roster (using the above structure)
              d. Schedule (include battalion events and trainings)
              e. TS and Steam Group information.
      In a second post, include a copy of the School of the Soldier and the School of the Company.
3. Create a steam group.
4. Schedule a day and time for company trainings.

Running a Company
1. Keep the roster up to date.
      a. Add new recruits, and update ranks.
      b. Move inactive members to the "INACTIVE" list, and contact them.
      c. On the request of inactive members, move them to the "RESERVE" list.
      d. Remove members who quit, or remain inactive and cannot be contacted.
2. Submit weekly reports containing the following:
      a. An up-to-date Roster, including the company's strength (rank and file).
      b. Any changes in the training schedule.
3. Interview and instruct candidates for promotion, ensuring that they have a firm grasp of their duties and responsibilities, and what they need to know to qualify for their positions.
4. Attend company and battalion trainings and events, or appoint a replacement when you cannot attend.

Sergent
Sergeants are chosen by the Captain, by interviewing potential candidates. Sergeants will be required to know all that is contained within the School of the Soldier and the School of the Company, and have a functional understanding of company structure and organization. They will also be required to know and perform the following duties.
1. Assist the Captain in recruiting for and promoting the company.
2. Assist the Captain in keeping track of member activity, and contacting inactive members.
3. Collect the contact information of all members of their section, and get them into the steam group, if they have steam.
4. Help to round up members for trainings and events. Ensure that every member has TeamSpeak installed, knows what events are going on when, and what servers and channels to use.

Caporal
Corporals are chosen by the Captain and the Sergeants by interviewing potential candidates. Corporals will be required to know all that is contained within the School of the Soldier, and perform the following duties.
1. Assist the Sergeant of your Section in his duties.
2. Lead by example. Display discipline, maturity, and knowledge of the skills of a soldier.
3. Help members of your squad/section. Keep them informed. Help them get into servers during events.
4. Fill in for absent Sergeants during trainings and events.

A CONCISE, PRACTICAL GUIDE TO 19th CENTURY TACTICS.

For

The Napoleonic Wars Community.

chapterbreak.png
F O R M A T I O N  O F  A  R E G I M E N T .

Of the Formation of a Company.

A Company is to be formed in two ranks when of sufficient strength, and in one rank when few in number. The captain is to take post on the right of the company, beside the first rank ; the first sergeant behind the captain, in the second rank, and the second sergeant two paces behind the left of the company, in the rank of file closers. Any additional officers or sergeants as may be present are distributed equally behind the company, also in the rank of file closers.

Of the Formation of a Battalion.

A Battalion is comprised of two or more companies united. It is lead by a field officer, or in his absence, the most senior captain. The companies are designated from right to left, first platoon ; second platoon ; third platoon, &c. In the last platoon of the battalion, the second sergeant is posted on the left, beside the front rank.
    In large battalions, the commanding officer may appoint a color party, consisting of a sergeant or ensign to bear the colors, and a corporal to cover him in the rear rank. The color party is placed on the left of the right-center company, of which it makes a part. Drummers and musicians, if present, are drawn up in one or two ranks, and posted four paces behind the center of the battalion.
    Whenever necessary, the platoons should be equalized by the transfer of men from the strongest to the weakest.

chapterbreak.png
I N S T R U C T I O N  O F  R E C R U I T S .

Recruits should be instructed only in the individual skills required of them to function in a formation. The instructor should endeavor not to burden them with lengthy explanations, but give short, concise instruction to show the men in practice the maneuver, and address mistakes as they occur.

DISCIPLINE
  The recruits are placed in a single rank faced to the front, at one pace distance from one another, and given the command
Attention - PLATOON!
  Here is the signal to cut the chatter, and listen attentively for orders. The recruits are to remain still and faced to the front, and use the view outfit key (~) to look around.
In place - REST!
  On the word REST, the men may speak freely, and turn side to side, but are to remain in their places.

ALIGNMENT
  The instructor places the first two men a few inches forward to form a new alignment, and gives the commands
Attention - PLATOON!
Right - DRESS!
  On the word DRESS, the recruits look slightly down and to the right with the view outfit key, and place themselves in line with the first two men on the right. They should use the top of the hats as a point of reference, putting their own hat on a third point in line with the first two.

A Work in Progress.

The man I learned everything off, I wish you the up most luck

Lots of luck 1stEPG  :wink:

Salutations, mon vieux capitaine! Je serai fier de servir sous votre bannière une fois de plus!

Oui, I will indeed discontinue my retirement to serve my captain and do battle once more! And now we serve le empereur et le personnes de Francais!

Looks good, Argus.  As much as it hurts to go French, throw me down as a part-time ranker if you will.  I'll try to show up occasionally.

Furnardan
Salutations, my friend! It's great to see your enthusiastic return!

StGene
Very nice! We look forward to having you!

Londnred
Haha, that would be excellent! The 27th of Foot versus the 27th Line. We should definitely have a skirmish. Look forward to seeing you guys on the field!

Reth
Haha. Alright, put you down. Good to have you!

Everyone else
Thank you all for the support! Very appreciated! Looking forward to working alongside you all in the future.

I've put up the section on Organization of the Regiment. Let me know what you all think. I'm still working on the guide to 19th century tactics, but it will probably be a while before it is ready.

I believe you have forgotten an I from the title of the thread :smile:

Other than that I wish you the best of luck, this certainly looks interesting!

Back
Top Bottom