Won't validate my Steam CD key

Users who are viewing this thread

Buggeroo

Recruit
i bought warband through steam today and cant connect to any multiplayer server. it says my serial key is not valid.
a friend told me the serial key is supposed to be entered automaticly but for me a box pops up asking me to write it(i tried several times to make sure i wasn't mistyping)
i found several topics and tried some of the solutions to no avail.i only have 1rgl.config file(some topic suggested that having more then one could cause problems)
my secure connections was set to 0(went to look as some topics said that could help)
i tried to follow someone else his advice and place my warband key somewhere in HKEY_CURRENT_USER(i think i placed it in the correct place according to that post)also no effect.
something else i found was people saying that they have a 6x4 CD key,my friend who has it working on steam has a 4x4 cd key.i saw a link posted in one of those topics that said u can request a new CD key but since i have bought through steam and they from a store i was unsure weather our problem is the same(seems weird that steam would give me a wrong cd key)
i also made sure i was running it as admin(read that somewhere as well)

any help would be greatly apprectiated,buggeroo.

I'm having the exact same issue, I bought the game about 2 or 3 hours ago and cannot get multiplayer to work. The first time i try and join it says invalid serial number. than if you try again it asks to enter your serial key. I also bought this from steam and was given a 6x4 key instead of a 4x4 ive seen people usually have, it does not register on the website nor in game. In regedit it saves the serial key until you launch the game, in which it is than reset back to having no value. I was really looking forward to playing this too... All help is appreciated.

i am having the exact same problem i bought the game on steam a few hours ago and received a 6x4 key as well, which isn't working.

Sadly i am having the exact same problem...:/
edit: i ALSO have a 6x4 cd key thru steam. I bought warband a couple hours ago via steam..

EDIT2: When i try to add my cd key to the taleworlds website via my games, i get "Invalid Serial Code Syntax".

add my name to the list of ppl with this problem, bought the game today hoping to play multiplayer, DAMNIT NOTCH! cmon blizz! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

once again steam has proven that no matter what, in any time of need, they will not be there for you and will take they're time to fix it. :sad:  :cry:

I bought Mount&Blade:Warband today and it says I a validation error when i try to connect to multilayer.

I just did that. Hope people check this forum so they can get help. I don't think this will effect how the game is being viewed.

wait wait wait why email a german game provider(atleast i assume from what i read) about an issue with steams keys?? I believe that thread is for those in the past who got a key off of amazon.de or one other german provider which i cannot remember the name of.

Hi folks. We are aware of the situation and working on a solution right now. In the meantime if you could submit a ticket to Steam Support about your problem, this might help your problem get fixed faster. Edit: Just email Taleworlds support and we can solve this quickly for you until a full solution is worked out. -Armagan

Ragnor said:
Hi folks! We are in contact with Steam and working on a solution. In the meantime please send your cd-keys (the cd-key you'll see when you click on "View Game CD Key" in Steam Library) to us ( support-at-taleworlds.com ). We'll fix issue manually until we found a permanent solution.

Ragnor said:
Hi folks. We are aware of the situation and working on a solution right now. In the meantime if you could submit a ticket to Steam Support about your problem, this might help your problem get fixed faster.

I submitted a ticket but I would be surprised if we'll gonna get an answer from the Steam support this week. Thanks to the holidays, their ticket system surely is flooded. Just saying because mentioned that it's propably "faster" :smile:

Anyways, thanks, much appreciated that you guys are looking into this.

Kleidophoros said:
Flooding steam support is about letting them know the gravity of the situation. If they get 1000 tickets on the same subject they will know there is something wrong for sure.

I just meant in general. They're getting tons of tickets every day for every matter/game you could possible think of. It's just that they pile up skyhigh on holidays :lol:

glad to see the developers listening to the people playing there game, alot of big name games *cough* call of duty *cough* would never help the ppl who are actully paying for there game. ty taleworlds/paradox/insertmissingdeveloperhere.  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

got the exact same problem with the 4x6 cd key weird thingies etc. just a thing to say... I'm terribly disappointed in steam...  :mad:

Back
Top Bottom