33rd Regiment of Foot (1st Yorkshire 'West Riding')

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikeyo

Banned
The contents of the thread will be created on Wednesday, this post has been made to reserve the name in the patch

Introducing the 33rd Regiment of Foot.
A Line Infantry regiment, it was established in 1702 to fight in the Spanish war of secession, where it served with distinction. It later fought in the Austrian war of secession, the seven years war, and the American war of independence. In 1782 they became the 1st Yorkshire of West Riding, also retaining their previous name. During the Napoleonic wars they served under Arthur Wellesley, the Duke of Wellington, and saw action in the West Indies, Holland, Ile de Bourbon, Mauritius & India, where they took part the defeat of the dreaded “Tiger of Mysore”, Tippoo Sultan. After Napoleon’s return to France the 33rd fought at Quatre Bras, and were stationed in the centre of the ridge between Hougoumont and La Haye Sainte, where they repulsed the french all day, including the Imperial Guard despite suffering almost half of their strength lost.

Currently we are working as a Battalion with two companies a Europeon time zone, and a North American time zone, until growth is possible.

SvenssonHD said:
So all in all, you're reforming the 1st Yorks?

Yes I am, I took a long leave currently on holiday, and I am back to first get our name improved and to grow once more, no more messing around or trolling. A turn of a new leaf, wiping the slate clean.

James Stewart said:
Mikeyo said:
James Stewart said:
Rattling it all up again are we? :roll:

Good luck I suppose.

Thanks for the good luck, see you following in a good man's foot steps, almost minutes in sync.

hherlev said:
Rattling the whole thing up again?  :roll:
Barley understood that, but hey ho.

Again good luck. :wink:

Thank you very much :smile: I hope we could be a asset in the community, instead of a thorn in the backside like we have been in mm russia3, which I assure you would not happen in this game.

Mikeyo said:
SvenssonHD said:

Yes I am, I took a long leave currently on holiday, and I am back to first get our name improved and to grow once more, no more messing around or trolling. A turn of a new leaf, wiping the slate clean.
Nice! With these announcements I wish you the best luck in the DLC, Sawyer!!  :smile:

Dragonlordc1888 said:
Mikeyo said:
SvenssonHD said:

Nice! With these announcements I wish you the best luck in the DLC, Sawyer!!  :smile:

Well thank you good sir, I wish you good luck on the battlefield.

Thanks for the supportive comments guys, just trying to rebuild for this game need to buy about 20 copies of this game for my regiment.

marchal davout said:
why splash the cash for them?

Well I guess it's my regiment and some guys been with me for over 1 year almost a half now so might as well provide them with the DLC.

no. If they expect to be rewarded for staying with you, they should be greatful for beeing allowed to serve you. Give promotion or whatever, dont buy them stuff...

Or do a competition within your regiment. Whoever wins gets the DLC but allow a few winners

Back
Top Bottom