Questions about Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic wars

Users who are viewing this thread

Shoep

Knight
I haven't seen a topic like this, and i know there's one on the official Flying squirrel entertainment forums, but i think i prefer to stay on Taleworlds, especially since M&B: NW has it's own subforum now.

Questions already asked ( that i know of )

Q: When is the DLC coming out?

A: Spring 2012, so soon. No exact date has been set yet.

Q: What will the DLC cost?

A: No price has been set yet by Taleworlds, but Vince has been quoted saying ''Significantly less than WFAS''. So anywhere between 1 and 20 euros, though speculation puts it between 5 and 15 though this is all unconfirmed.

Q: Will MM Russia close/stop existing?

A: No, it will simply stop being developed and the official servers will probably close. That will not stop people from hosting their own servers, However. Though Vince mentioned that maybe in a few months warband native might get some features from Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic wars. (MM Russia will never get updated.)

Q: Will Mount & Blade: Napoleonic wars feature sea-battles?

A: Not at the initial release, there is a possibility they might be added later, though this is not confirmed.

Q: Will the DLC have singleplayer?

A: No, Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic wars is multiplayer only.

Q: Will Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic wars have a feature that disables double-gunning? It would save admins on servers a lot of time and frustration if picking up two firearms simply isn't possible.

A: Double gunning is disabled by default, when you pick up a extra weapon, you auto drop the other you had. (you can disable this by admin panel/configfile)

Q: What is destructible in the game? Only certain walls / places, or is for example any wall, or any bridge in the game destructable?

A: Almost any piece of building can be destroyed, with some exceptions to buildings that are prefab, ie you can't even enter them but their just scenery

Q: Will there be a limit to the number of possible Sappers in the game?

A: There are configurable class limits for everything.

Q: Will there be any misfire effects for the muskets? Will wet conditions [rain, submerged too deep in water] affect powder?

A: For gameplay reasons we will not include misfires.

Q:  I you put a lot of explosives ground floor, will the explosion destroy the ceiling, or only side walls? if not, will those, who will be stand on the second floor directly above the crates, take some damage from explosion?

A: At the moment we do not have destroyable floors, but destroyable walls. However, I was thinking of implementing it. The reason why we did not include it yet, is that it is quite hard and takes some time to build destructible buildings in-game, and making floors using the same system will make it  even harder.
Everyone within a certain radius of a explosion will take damage. If you place a explosive on the 1st floor, it will not kill or damage people on the second floor.

Q: I saw rockets in the video. Can we place more than one rocket in the tube before launching it? Because it looked like they could fit and 1 rocket being fired.

A: It doesn't work like that, no.

Q: When someone is reloading, and said person must break reload to say engage an enemey in melee. After winning in melee will they have to restart the reload of the musket from the start or begin the reloading sequence where it was left off?

A: Yes you will continue from where you stopped your reloading.

Q: Has the Waterloo Map from MM been Re-Made, or had more stuff to add to it? If so would there be to continue the Waterloo Event for NW in June?

A: Not yet, but there will propably be a Waterloo event.

Q: During Commander Battles, when commanding Cavalry, will there be any formations that you can get the Bots to peform? Or is it basicly just standard formations, and no special formations like Wedge or something on those lines. Same goes for Infantry

A: No, you can only tell your men to form one or several lines and to stand closer or to spread out.

Q: What are the practical player/bot size limits for commander battle mode? What I mean to say is, how massive of a battle can you have before gameplay starts to suffer?

A: We have played with around 600 bots already, worked pretty fine. Though, I do not suggest that, since the server might start lagging. I would suggest maximum 250-400 bots.

Q: Will the AI bot command menu work as well as that of MB: Fire and Sword?

A: Yes.

Q: Will bots use cannons, or able to play on the drums?

A: Currently not.

Q: Will the players have their own hair or wigs? And will there be any new face skins?

A: We added new hair styles and accesories. Players can now pick glasses, monocles etc.  We do not have any new face skins.

Q: From the footage I've seen it doesn't look like you have to fix bayonets, correct?

A: No, bayonets are always fixed. However, there are units which have guns without bayonet.

Q: For the colours, Would there be Regimental colours & the nation's colours?

A: Yes, when applicable, the NCO carrying the colors will be able to choose which one of the two he carries.

Q: Is Canister shot for cannons added in the mod?

A: Yes, it is.

Q: Has cavalry been nerfed, or at a significant disadvantage due to bayonet bracing, overhead stabs and so forth?

A: Don't worry, cav is a very very powerfull tool, if used correctly.

Q: I hear things that people are saying their will be a morale system and others say their isn't can you please clear this up for me?

A: Yes there is but it can be toggled on or off by the server admin

Outstanding questions:

See latest posts, i got behind on updating and it's way too much by now

Let me correct some of your things;

- Mm russia will not get a update, ever.
- Warband native will get updated right at release, with engine changes, but nothing significant gameplay wise.
- Warband native might get updated with some new features, if I get the time and allowance from taleworlds.
- Naval battles will probably not be included, due to the size of the product and the engine dificulties. However if the product gets a lot of attention and sales, nothing is impossible.

Now to your questions:
- Double gunning is disabled by default, when you pick up a extra weapon, you auto drop the other you had. (you can disable this by admin panel/configfile)
- Almost any piece of building can be destroyed, with some exceptions to buildings that are prefab, ie you can't even enter them but their just scenery.
- There are configurable class limits for everything.

Ah, sorry that's my bad, i thought in the Dev commentaries video that you said something along those lines, well that's cleared up aswell.

Thank you for the (quick) answers, Vince. I will definitely be there the day it gets released  :smile:

The way the destructible props work, which scene makers will see at release, is a multitude of "lego" like props each with their own destruction stages with which you can create larger structures. It is more complicated than that, but the system means every building made with these models can be destroyed. As far as I'am aware most scenes use models like these, with the few exceptions being scenes like La Haye Saint which have been specifically modelled and designed not to include this type of destruction and focus on other types of game play.

Being inside a destructible house when it gets hit by a cannonball or explosive crate is just scary, and dangerous.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Will there be any misfire effects for the muskets? Will wet conditions [rain, submerged too deep in water] affect powder?

Not sure about misfires, but if you submerge yourself in water you loose your ammunition due to it being sodden.

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Will there be any misfire effects for the muskets? Will wet conditions [rain, submerged too deep in water] affect powder?

I believe like in mmrussia you'll loose your cartridges when you go under water.

Edit: God dangit, Biteme :c <3

A'ight. Sounds good! T'would like confirmation on misfires, if present.

Given the attention seemingly given to everything else, it would be a shame to see a basic concern/staple of Napoleonic warfare absent. The Deluge* features a misfire rate of around 15% in dry weather, it feels great for tension and immersion, plus the rate isn't too high to ruin the game.

* Don't hang me for mentioning this, please.  :eek:

-shrugs

Just strikes me as odd and incongruent that, with the plethora of new features for gamplay, the staple characteristic of Napoleonic musket warfare isn't present in any form.

Accuracy is about the same, though slightly tweaked here and there.

Gameplay always above realism, nothing worse then having a unplayable game due to your gun misfiring all the damn time on the wrong moments.

Vince's decision is totally right.Imagine yourself with your regiment on the linebattle...The regiment leader says: "Make ready, Present, Fire" and suddenly, people have misfires.Personally, I think it would piss off many people (including me as well).So for the mentioned gameplay reasons, it should stay as it is.

Vincenzo said:
Accuracy is about the same, though slightly tweaked here and there.

Gameplay always above realism, nothing worse then having a unplayable game due to your gun misfiring all the damn time on the wrong moments.

For sure, hence why The Deluge doesn't feature the musket taking out your face on the misfire. However, the small chance of the powder not setting off correctly adds a ****-ton to tension within the mod and throws in another random variable for combat. It's hardly 'unplayable' when the misfire rate is so low.  :razz:

Oh well! Thanks for taking the time to reply, Vince.

ProjectAngel said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:
-shrugs

Just strikes me as odd and incongruent that, with the plethora of new features for gamplay, the staple characteristic of Napoleonic musket warfare isn't present in any form.

The point I was trying to make is if you throw misfires on top of the piss poor accuracy then you end up being unable to shoot anyone at all. :razz:

Yes but accuracy has gone up, apparently.  :eek:

I know that this may be a stupid question, but I'm really looking forward to this release and I've been reading a lot about the beta, but there's just one thing that catches my attention.
Here’s just a small selection of the most important new features that the DLC offers:
- Completely remade France, Britain and Prussia + added the new Austrian Empire.
- New units that you always wanted such as Voltigeurs and Cuirassiers for France, Light Dragoons for Britain, Death’s Head Hussars for Prussia and much much more.
- A selection of over 220 unique units.
- Sapper/engineering units for all factions, capable of building fortifications and blowing them or other buildings up using their explosives.
- Several new types of artillery and ammunition types, including shells, canister and even rockets.
- Flags, trees, plants and water moving with the wind and new background sounds bring the world to life.
- Parallax mapping for walls, rocks and other objects for even greater atmosphere/graphics.
- Musicians can now walk whilst playing, and even play the same tune together.
- A large amount of new musician tunes, specific for each nation.
- New high-quality voice acting for all factions, both for male and female characters.
- Introducing the Siege game mode + a new Commander Battle mode where the players lead bots in a line battle against each other.
- Crouching with a bayonet now allows you to brace it to kill an incoming horse.
- Musicians, Ensigns and Officers give bonuses to nearby rankers.
And much much more...
From what I've seen, the number of units in the beta numbers about 50 max i reckon with the sappers and everything else. Will you add the rest later or is there something else going on?
Looking forward to your reply,
Andronicus

5 nations with between 10 and 14 regiments each with between 3 and 5 ranks per regiment, each with a unique clothes, hats, weapon/flag/equipment loadouts.

edit:
actually after calculating it quickly again due to recent additions i think were well over that number.

Vincenzo said:
5 nations with between 10 and 14 regiments each with between 3 and 5 ranks per regiment, each with a unique clothes, hats, weapon/flag/equipment loadouts.
I see now, thanks for the reply, Vince!

ProjectAngel said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:

Awesome, the favourite part of linebattles for me is being shot from the other side of the map 20 seconds after spawning. :grin:

I'm no so sure about that, I bearly noticed any difference.
This still dosen't justify "implementing" missfiers though since the randimization factor can ruin gameplay even at slight percentages.

ProjectAngel said:
Eiríkr Rauði said:

Awesome, the favourite part of linebattles for me is being shot from the other side of the map 20 seconds after spawning. :grin:

It hasn't really gone up, just tweaked to make it more about player skill and less random, the accuracy is much the same.

Back
Top Bottom