They'll crop off your head as well as your hair
    derry, down, down.
    Remember at Ross and at Vinegar Hill
    How your heads flew about like chaff in a mill
    For the Mid-Lothian Boys when a croppy they see
    they blow out his daylights and tip him cut three
    derry, down, down.

History

The history of the Royal Scots is glorious indeed. First created in 1633 by Sir John Hepburn, under the title of The Royal Regiment of Foot, and remaining to this day, the Royal Scots have been to nearly ever corner of the world since their creation. Between 1680 and 1684 the 1st Regiment of foot defended the English colony Tangier with great distinction, and in 1685 was given the coveted position on the right of the line at the Battle of Sedgemoor, which began a precedent for years to come.In the 19th century the Royal Scots served in the West Indies, Canada during the War of 1812, Spain and Portugal during the Peninsular War, eventually pushing into Southern France in 1814, aiding the 6th Coalition in defeating Napoleon. During the Hundred Days, (in which Napoleon regained control of France) under the command of General Picton,  they helped to hold off the French General Michel Ney at Quatre Bras, forcing Napoleon to engage the full British army at the Battle of Waterloo two days later.  After the Napoleonic Wars, they fought in India during the Third Anglo-Maratha War,  in Canada during the Rebellions of 1837,  in the Crimean War, and other various engagements throughout the remainder of the 19th century. They went on the serve in the two world wars and during the post-war reconstruction in the 20th century. For more information on the esteemed history of our regiment click on the link below:
http://www.1stroyals.org/documents/royalregt.pdf

Who We Are

The once great 1st Royal Regiment of Foot (Disbanded in order to create the Marins de la Garde), has been reformed under leadership of former members. We aim to keep it a small and elite unit, as the 1st (MM regiment) was famous for. Melee training will be stressed, shooting will be stressed, we're looking for the best of the best, nothing less. We are fresh and looking for new recruits to fill the old ranks, leadership spots are open.

Rank Structure

Captain (Cpt)
Lieutenant (Lt)
Serjeant Major (SjtMaj)
Serjeant (Sjt)
Colour Serjeant (CSjt)
Corporal (Cpl)
Lance Corporal (LCpl)
Private (Pte)
Recruit (Rec)

Recruitment

Recruitment is currently by invite only. Thanks!

They_Call_Me_Fletcher said:
We aim to keep it a small and elite unit, as the 1st was famous for.
I agree with elite, but come on small!??! It had 4 battalions!  :lol:
Good luck in the DLC.

Londnred said:
Good luck in the DLC.

4 Battalions was very much a lot as I am pretty sure most of the Regiment of Britain in the NWs were comprised of 2 Battalions only 1 of which was deployed in Europe.

Frederickson said:
Londnred said:
Good luck in the DLC.

4 Battalions was very much a lot as I am pretty sure most of the Regiment of Britain in the NWs were comprised of 2 Battalions only 1 of which was deployed in Europe.
Exactly, hence my " :lol:" the 27th had 3 Battalions, my Regiment Represents 1 of them.

Ingame name: GlitchBoy99
Do you have a working mic and TS3?: Yes and no.
Steam Name(if applicable): jackvestrit
Your chosen English surname?: Achilles or, if already taken, Blackwood
Have you been a member of any other regiments? If yes, please list them.: No.
Why do you want to join the 1st?: I love immersive roleplay and Napoleon, despite the fact that I'm deciding to play as the English, is my idol when it comes to generals (I am 1/8 French so it makes sense).

Back
Top Bottom