Floris Wiki

Users who are viewing this thread

Windyplains

Grandmaster Knight

You have all been asking for a guide to the game for some time and many of you have started smaller guides to help new players find their way.  The team wanted to say thank you and help provide a central location for collecting all of the information.  As such we have created the Floris Wiki to summarize the features the mod adds and give better direction on how to use them.  We will do our best to update it as we add new features, but we also encourage everyone to register on the wiki and help lend a hand.

Please note that this is very much a work in progress that has only just started.  For any who wish to help, just register your username and remember this is intended to help players learn the mod, not provide commentary on features you disagree with.  What we put into the project is what we will get out of it.

As this thread is not locked you're welcome to add your thoughts on things that should go in or go add them yourself to the wiki.  Also some of us will be adding smaller dev diaries in a sense as blog posts there, but larger ones will still find their way to the main forums.

Locked Articles
There are a couple of articles that are locked, but that will not be the norm.  Specifically the "Known Issues" page is locked because we want folks to use the bug reports thread here on the forums.  We then will try to sift through that thread to find items that are indeed bugs to be fixed, as opposed to something user side, and add them to the list.  There will be a link for each bug to its own page where you are welcome to add more information to help us find the source.

Beyond that we could really use help getting the wiki going.  It isn't just information specifically on features we're looking to add, but player advice as well.

Is great to have a wiki on Floris. I would like to see more explanations on the Mod Options. There are some settings there that I don't know exactly what they do. For example in the Diplomacy section there's a dafault, low, medium, experimental setting and I don't know what these does to the game.

Lorca said:
Is great to have a wiki on Floris. I would like to see more explanations on the Mod Options. There are some settings there that I don't know exactly what they do. For example in the Diplomacy section there's a dafault, low, medium, experimental setting and I don't know what exactly does to the game.
Until such info is transfered to the Wiki, you can find Mod Options explained in the first main post of the stickied FAQ thread. And, for the Diplomacy-specific options, you can find those explained in the Diplomacy Info/Download thread in the Diplo forum.

Caba`drin said:
Lorca said:
Is great to have a wiki on Floris. I would like to see more explanations on the Mod Options. There are some settings there that I don't know exactly what they do. For example in the Diplomacy section there's a dafault, low, medium, experimental setting and I don't know what exactly does to the game.
Until such info is transfered to the Wiki, you can find Mod Options explained in the first main post of the stickied FAQ thread. And, for the Diplomacy-specific options, you can find those explained in the Diplomacy Info/Download thread in the Diplo forum.

Nice. Now, @Windyplains only needs to paste this info(from the FAQ) to the wiki. No need to rewrite the whole thing all over again.  :smile:

Lorca said:
Nice. Now, @Windyplains only needs to paste this info(from the FAQ) to the wiki. No need to rewrite the whole thing all over again.  :smile:
I would remind folks the point of a wiki is anyone can make such additions. :smile:

I am just getting an initial framework laid out, but to be honest I'm only just learning wiki editing myself.

Thank you!
I hoped you would someday create a centralized place for all the information needed to
understand all the many features Floris offers and here it is already.  If only you had
done it two weeks earlier.  :lol:

Anyway, I will try and contribute a little too, got a small question first though.
If I, as a normal user, change some wiki page, do you as moderator/admin have to look
it through and manully admit the changes I made?
That would be preferable because I don't trust my writing and I could add markers for
you to fill out when I'm missing important information or a comment to you when I'm not
sure if I formatted the text right. Stuff like that. :smile:

Anyway, I will try and contribute a little too, got a small question first though.
If I, as a normal user, change some wiki page, do you as moderator/admin have to look
it through and manully admit the changes I made?
Any changes you make are input without moderation from us.  The very few pages we want just for developer editing will be protected to ensure that.  Those will generally be off in their own little section of the main page, but they are there for others to view as well.  As for making mistakes, well hopefully as folks get into updating the place we'll correct one another as needed.

Some days ago in some thread here I found this great table about all the character
backgrounds choices and their influence:
character%20backgrounds.PNG

If it is not added yet, I guess that would be a great addition to the wiki, but to which
page should it be added? :???:

I'm currently downloading the mod and am very excited to see this project. That said, I do have some wiki skills and thought I might offer my services (and perspective as a new user of the mod). I'm planning on surfing through all the info on the Mod anyway, so it wouldn't be much trouble to me to transfer info over, etc.

Edit: For reference, here's a quick re-working of the existing Domestic Policy page from the wiki: Domestic Policy Wiki Page

-Drake

Windyplains said:
"Character Creation" page is made.  We can just have it be a link from there if someone wants the specific background info.

About this, almost everything You can learn about what "background" gives what can be seen at the creation screen.

Almost everything EXCEPT what items you get. Could this info be put into the Character Creation wiki?

Kane the Flesheater said:
Almost everything EXCEPT what items you get. Could this info be put into the Character Creation wiki?
Yes, it could but it would be a little messy as the system will "upgrade" choices based on decisions you make.  So an option may say you get a dagger, but a different option upgraded you to a sword.  Additionally these items change based on your starting area.  So it would be a little hard to follow.  Special items could be listed like I did with the trade ledger information.

What the wiki could really use is info in the advice section for helping new players.

Do you have any idea why the wiki Editor keeps loading forever in my browser ( Firefox)?
I tried uploading a few screens or maybe editing some articles but this keeps happening :
Count20Grainwad.jpg
and it stays there even when i log in

LE: it loads ok in explorer, but i'm not a fan of explorer  :wink:

It's going to take me a while due to RL constraints, but I'm collecting all the info on every troop tree and every troop within them and will be creating linked pages on the wiki. The only thing I'm not hitting with the first pass is the equipment the troops are carrying, but that'll come in a later second pass.

-Drake

Drake Koeth said:
It's going to take me a while due to RL constraints, but I'm collecting all the info on every troop tree and every troop within them and will be creating linked pages on the wiki. The only thing I'm not hitting with the first pass is the equipment the troops are carrying, but that'll come in a later second pass.

-Drake
As troop stats and equipment is still WIP, its a good thing you wont list equipment right away. It would be just too much work to always update that.

Duh said:
As troop stats and equipment is still WIP, its a good thing you wont list equipment right away. It would be just too much work to always update that.
And you say that after I've collected stat and equipment info on the Swadian trooptree.  :lol:

On that note: I've been trying to add the info I've gathered to the wiki in some decent looking format, but...
http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/Swadian_Expanded_Tree
http://floris.wikia.com/wiki/I1_Swadian_Peasant
Yeah, those two sad looking pages are my best attempts so far. Anyone who's more knowledgeable concerning wikis feel like giving those edit tools a stern talking to so that they do want I want them to do?
Alternatively (and more realistically), perhaps some sort of decent template for trooptrees and individual units that one can just grab and paste infor into can be made?

Back
Top Bottom