Dragon's Dogma

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, because we lack a general games discussion kinda thread, I'm making a new one for this thing I ran into.

So, Dragon's Dogma.

sitqj.jpg

Release dates
    JP May 24, 2012
    NA May 22, 2012
    EU May 25, 2012

I've read that it's kinda like a mix of Western & Japper RPGs. Normally that would turn me away, but fortunately I looked at some gameplay video before realizing it was japanese, and it looks pretty fun. It's open world, party based, it has huge ****ing monsters and you get to die a lot if you poke your nose into places. I liked how the party system works. You make a main dewd and then you create a sidekick for him. This sidekick can then be shared in teh internets and used by other people in their parties. They can also rate him and give some item for him as a gift, which you can collect later.

I also like that it has huge ****ing monsters, and that there are places where you shouldn't poke your nose in until you're a level 666 god fo destruction.

E3 trailer

Some British bloke playing the game and describing the basics

Some british bloke playing the game and describing the party system.

Some British bloke playing the game and describing the skill system

Oh, and it's only coming for the consoles as far as I know.

Basically, your answer is "PC gamers are fussier". Not sure if you've noticed, but console peasants will regularly consume any **** shovelled in the direction of their consoles, whereas PC gamers spend half their time complaining about consoles and ports, and the other complaining that people don't develop everything for them, when they're too fussy to buy stuff anyway.

Trust me, I'm guilty as charged.

Fooshie said:
The Japs can't compete with western game developers in the PC RPG market.

What PC RPG market? Skyrim? ha ha.

Hell, while that guy playing it is annoying, I'd give it a shot if it was on PC.

Back
Top Bottom