NW Completed Official Monday Public Linebattle Event - Revamp - 6.40 BST

Users who are viewing this thread

Woelfie

Master Knight
headerfwe.png

The Napoleonic Wars Monday Public Event has been going on since its MM days when it was formed by Rudovich. Its admin's work completely professionally and we pride ourselves on the fun we give to players when they play. Our Rules have been carefully thought out so we do not limit players and they can play in a flexible and random environment. Each week we try to accommodate for people from every background so if you come along you should get a place 9 times out of 10!​

maininfo.png

Times
UTC/GMT - 17:40:00
BST (GMT+1) - 18:40:00

How Do I join?!
To Join you connect to the Teamspeak 3 Server supplied below and join the Public Linebattle channel. Once the channels begin to open, join a channel which you want to play as. After you join a channel wait patiently and the server details will be brought around with the password. During the linebattle you will follow the chosen captain of your channel.

How do the captains talk to each other/know their orders?
In Some weeks we will have commanders which set-up whisphers with all the channel captains of the team they are commanding. In most weeks it will purely be the captain of the channel taking his (or her) regiment where they think best.

How do I become a commander?
To become a commander you can either PM me or Steam me with the application template.
Code:
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Steam ID:[/b]
[b]Age(Mature people are ofc. accepted):[/b]

We used to have language Reservations?
After much thought I've decided to scrap the idea of language reservations, There will only be one channel for each language and no more. Languages must also only take Line Infantry because of the lack of players wishing to play as them.

What are the channel limits?
Channel limits are in place so that certain regiments dont become over-popular:

Class Type
Commander
Bodyguards
Line
Guards
Skirmishers
Cavalry
Artillery
Limit

The Admin Team
Wolfstar
Cenzii ( away for exams)
Rudovich (Honourary)

ruleset.png

overallf.png

• No Targetting Commanders (Generals) unless they are attacking you or a team mate.
  • No Ramboing - Look at each unit specific rules to know when you must join another unit.
  • Any purposeful trolling or team hitting must be reported to an admin.
  • "Officer Targetting" is permitted but it is discouraged as it causes annoyances when leading a regiment.
lineinfantry.png

• If you have a regiment of 18 members their must be 1 Musician and 1 Standard Bearer present - Even If Bonuses are disabled.
  • When the regiment drops to 3 they must accompany another line or regiment.
  • If your captain gets shot then you must follow the second in command which is chosen by the captain.
  • You cannot crouch unless you are behind cover eg. A hill.
lightinfantry.png

• If your regiment has above 10 players then you must have a sapper and musician to accompany you - Even if bonuses are disabled.
  • Light Infantry Sappers are only allowed to build a Maximum of 5 Fortifications
  • Once your regiment drops below 3 men they must join another regiment.
cavalryj.png

• No shooting from horseback under any circumstances - Usually cavalry will not have access to guns but we do allow dragoons on various occasions. To shoot you must dismount.
  • If your regiment has above 10 men they must have a musician to accompany them - Even when Bonuses are disabled.
  • After dropping below 4 players they must dismount & join a line on foot
artillery.png
    • If your regiment has above 5 players then you must have a sapper to accompany you - Even if bonuses are disabled.
    • Artillery Sappers are only allowed to build any amount of fortifications - although hopefully you wont build a fort...
    • If you are Rockets then you are allowed a maximum of 4 batteries, If you are normal artillery you must only have 1 mortar and 2 cannons.

• Wolf.

*Double post  :mad:*

Updated admin list, Applications for commanders as they have been brought back in, some amendments to the rules. I'll be updating images soon

Wolf.

Just a few nice pics of this weeks MM russia3 event, taken from Hiddos' his profile.

50vs50 opolcheniye fight! the bottles flying through the air at start just looked awesome!
70E690230B93682AF204953C5F3D55D4284F1D97
DB62B4D7E17650C1C79073D36C90F0D4D3CB7E6D

about 20 flutists, friendly and enemy in a line(ignore the helmet) making the worst noice ever.
D755C5F509831B427F063BF979013853AE01C50C

Ok, I know (I've seen it, been there) that the maps have been for a very long amount of time really unbalanced, boring, and hilly. This time the french spawned on the hill which was practically impossible to advance upon.

I think the event would be really alot more enjyoable if the maps would have been more carefully picked. There are some really good custom maps aswell, and if you're going for random generated maps keep in mind of the gameplay balance between the two factions.

50345EEC48911132EDF10378C7E3A72AF203D90D

I geuss the hill was kinda unfair yeah, but it did allow a nice march of my men uphill whilst embracing some bullets.
Also, I don't think the second map was much better. But it's kinda hard to find a good map with all this randomness.

MaHuD said:
I geuss the hill was kinda unfair yeah, but it did allow a nice march of my men uphill whilst embracing some bullets.
Also, I don't think the second map was much better. But it's kinda hard to find a good map with all this randomness.

Custom maps could fix that though? I do think there's a lot of potential in using man-made maps to enhance the overall gaming experience.

MaHuD said:
Sure , but if the adminstrators would more carefully pick a map after some generator-tries, you usually get quite a decent map after some time instead of picking the first map, which is usually awkwardly hilly.

problem with picking maps on random is, sometimes it takes forever and you just have to pick a decent one before people get  pissed

cenzila said:
problem with picking maps on random is, sometimes it takes forever and you just have to pick a decent one before people get  pissed
Well then you have obviously ignored my suggestion to quickly go through maps before people actually get on the server.

And why has the linebattle been cancelled tonight again?

:/.

Happens too often really. As it's an ''official'' TW/FSE event, things should be ''run'd'' alot more proffessionally in comparison as of currently.

Edit: If the current admins don't have the time to host this, let someone else do it - someone who actually wants to do it.

This is one of the only weeks its been cancelled (The first in NW as a matter of fact) so your first statement is innacurate... The Reasoning behind its cancellation tonight was both I and Cenzii were tied up in RL Matters, You know the stuff that counts. Usually I do have the time to host this, Christ I even provide the server these days so I don't how you can possibly say people who actually want to do it. If I didn't want to do it then I would have quit a long time ago.

As for the "Official"-ness I never got to find out if it still was official or not.

If you cant take it that the admins actually have lives then that's your affair, yes It was cancelled this week but It was last minute as I didn't see what was coming until around 4pm this evening.

Wolf.

SvenssonHD said:

Happens too often really. As it's an ''official'' TW/FSE event, things should be ''run'd'' alot more proffessionally in comparison as of currently.

Edit: If the current admins don't have the time to host this, let someone else do it - someone who actually wants to do it.

what do you mean it happens to often, we have not cancelled the monday pub lb since well into mm

cenzila said:
SvenssonHD said:

what do you mean it happens to often, we have not cancelled the monday pub lb since well into mm

I think there was one time it was cancelled 2-3 times in a row, thats quite a bit of time (Although I have no concept of time anymore since hitting 20). The point is if its now advertised as an official event then it should be treated as such, a lot of people are joining in the monday public line battle now and since they have paid for it they want what is advertised. "The show must go on" unfortunatly it stops here with a lack of admins willing to do it ... or incapable of doing it for various reasons.

Me and Svensson were sat in a channel for quite a while which had been labelled as "Monday public line battle - Cancelled today" making sure everyone knew it was cancelled, we couldn't give a reason until you posted your reply. The word "Cancelled" will never cover all the questions so i'm currently sat in an Event channel hoping those with event enquiries know what is happening and arn't always forced to look at the forum ... because some people just don't.

Back
Top Bottom