NW Completed European Cup *Link* (Melee)

Users who are viewing this thread

nweclogoheader1transpar.png

Link to sub-board for teams etc. ~http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=26~

1. Introduction
Most of us have fought in linebattles, on the battleserver, in duels,
on the groupfighting server and in the groupfighting tournament, however, never before have the
fight been for your country.
This is your opportunity to defeat the enemies of your country through NW.
The Napoleonic Wars European Cup (NWEC) tournament  will start two weeks after the DLCin order to give everyone
time to get used to the changes,
(since most organisers are beta-tester we can assure you that time to adapt is needed).
However, we need to know the constellation of individual teams by the 1st of may, so this gives roughly
a month for those wishing to participate to get organized. If the DLC is released before t
he deadline for teams the tournament will start 14 days after the deadline for team constellations.

(Disclaimer: nation, nationality, citizenship, country and variations thereof are used interchangeably in this post)

2. Rules
Rules in regards to Nations
1.1 Each nation is to have one team.

1.2 Each nation is allowed a maximum of 15 people on their team.

1.3 Nations are in charge of picking their own teams,

1.4 The organizers retain the right to intervene in case of malpractices on behalf of a national captain.

1.5 Only persons who hold citizenship (originate from) the country are eligable to play for the nation.
Rules in regards to the tournament
2.1 The tournament has a pool stage and an elimination stage (the exact way this is handled
will be disclosed later when the exact number of teams is clear).

2.2 Every victory in the pool stage will award your nation 3 points. Every draw in the pool stage will award your nation 1 point.

2.3 Matches are to be scheduled between team captains, and a referee is to be informed at least 24 hours (a day) in advance.

2.4 Each team is to have 10 on the server at the time the match is going to begin

2.5 Each match has 20 rounds to be played, team with most rounds won will win the match. In case of a draw
in the knock-out stage an additional round will be added.

2.6 Only people on the team roster are to be used in the matches.
In-game rules
3.1 No shooting.

3.2 Only normal line infantry rankers are to be used (i.e. no guards or skirmishers).

3.3 No other weapons except bayonets are to be used.

3.4 No delaying in any way.

3.5 In case you think that you saw something on the enemy side what is against the rules. Inform the referee.
And do not get into an argument with the other team.
Other in-game rules and regulations.
- No Captains in-game
- Only Line infantry units.

-Only ranker-models are to be used.

- No shooting in the combat area.

- You do not have to be in a line. Make up your own tactics on the map you are playing on, meaning that you’re
able to either split up or make a blob.

- No Butterknives,etc.

- No Elite Classes.

3. Behaviour
Basic Rules regarding one another
4.1 No trolling/griefing.

4.2 Be respectful.

4.3 Accept defeat/victory gracefully.

4.4 Try not to cause disputes with each other by flaming, or other similar activity.
Organizer Discretion
5.1 Common sense is to be used

5.2 Anything not specifically mentioned may be enacted at the organizers discretion (we cannot cover
every eventuallity and as such some stuff will have to be made up along the way)

5.3 The severity of an infraction and as such the degree of the punishment will be up to the
referee/organizers to decide.

4. Map
The map will be a flat arena-type in order to put focus on the melee game-play and allow for new and innovative ways to fight together as a group, without terrain and other props interfering with this.

5. How to sign up
Joining the tournament is a bit trickier than with previous tournaments, since everyone has
a nationality by default. Depending on how late you are you may have to contact an already selected captain,
or you might have to start rounding up people to hold a captain selection meeting with your fellow countrymen.
Generally this is how you should go about signing-up.

Please read through this guide of how to sign up.
Check the thread if there is already a captain known, if there is speak to him to receive further instructions.

If step 1. fails try speaking to people from your country that you know are active in the community,
they will probably know who the captain is, or at least know how and when the captain will be selected.

Step 3.
If step 2. fails as well you may have to resort to rounding up players on your own in order to hold a meeting/election
for captain of your country so that you can get a team going. To sign-up a team use this thead *link*

Step 4.
If your country didn’t have enough of a base of interested people in playing for the country a special solution with
bunching up countries may be applicable. Nevertheless, this is a last resort and only after you have tried (properly)
and failed all the above steps may this be applied.
6. Miscellaneous
There you have it, quite simple! Start rounding up support, bang the war-drum, sharpen the bayonet and get a
team together to defeat the enemies of old (and new!) The organizers wish that everyone will have a fantastic
tournament making new acquaintances and renewing old ones, sign-up today!

Keep in mind this is work-in-progress, and as such thing will be added once they get decided/solved so don’t get
too upset if something is currently missing.

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask any of the Organizers! We’re here to help after all!

Signed,
Hekko, Gokiller, Svensson & Crusader

gokiller said:
Lowlander said:
No Scotland, no fun.

You stop complaining and QQ = Fun

Meh, just you being arrogant, ignorant, unreasonable and pretty dumb kind of put a damper on it. Now, I can remember on one event, Vince said that event organizers/admins couldnt be involved in the event. Looks like all are involved in the event and as such, make decisions to suit themselves and are not completely neutral.

- When you run events in this community it is expected that the admins are neutral, and not in the fight, I expect following battles in your event to have neutral admins.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,221639.0.html

The fact is Lowlander, that every organiser of this agreed on the same thing, so it's not just me, or just someone else. We all agreed on this, And I want it done Lowlander. We won't change anything back. You got that now. So what is the point going on with this?

It's actually you being Arrogant, and ignorant. Not me.

Gokiller

Please read this Lowlander:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/57177342/The%20flipside%20of%20Scotland.pdf

For better or for worse that's the reason why there is no Scotland. Believe me, I can sympathise with you, I come from an autonomous region as well, hell we even have a different language than the main country, but c'est la vie.

No. I am speaking to those who are blind, deaf and dumb. It would be better trying to teach a 3 legged turtle to ride a unicycle and sing Ode to Joy than show reason and right to those who lack the basic tools to comprehend something so fundamentally simple.

Lowlander said:
gokiller said:
Lowlander said:
No Scotland, no fun.

You stop complaining and QQ = Fun

Meh, just you being arrogant, ignorant, unreasonable and pretty dumb kind of put a damper on it. Now, I can remember on one event, Vince said that event organizers/admins couldnt be involved in the event. Looks like all are involved in the event and as such, make decisions to suit themselves and are not completely neutral.

- When you run events in this community it is expected that the admins are neutral, and not in the fight, I expect following battles in your event to have neutral admins.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,221639.0.html

I would have liked a welsh team but it aint gonna happen, uniting the UK together gives a better chance of winning, as theres a wider choice of players.

Now Lowlander drop this, for the last time drop it, Scotland, Wales, will be under the UNITED KINGDOM not seperate countries/nations, just leave it as it is and stop making a mountain out of a  molehill.

where be them Belgians at? I sure hope there is going to be a Belgian team so we don't have to colaborate with one of our neigbours O_O

Rewards we have not discussed. As general philosophy though whenever I am involved in events the goal is to make the event so fun to participate in that the reward is having fun, winning of course being a bonus!

We have not discussed when it will start, but I will suggest the 14th of may as a date, since that is a monday and gives roughly two weeks for the finalized team constellations to train together.

Hekko said:
Rewards we have not discussed. As general philosophy though whenever I am involved in events the goal is to make the event so fun to participate in that the reward is having fun, winning of course being a bonus!

We have not discussed when it will start, but I will suggest the 14th of may as a date, since that is a monday and gives roughly two weeks for the finalized team constellations to train together.
ok thanks :smile:

Back
Top Bottom