[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf: A Forum Affair - Forces of Order win!

Users who are viewing this thread

It was a cold and snowy day, though no-one gave two ****s as they were all inside on their computers, the lazy sods. They browsed their forums in peace, content to whittle their time away in peace. The banter was witty, the puns were ****ty. It seemed like these days would last forever. No-one could tell that a small change would unleash a tide of change, and the flames of ruin would sweep over all. Suddenly, the forum was there no longer! The mashing of F5 keys was heard across the globe, but nought was found but a 404. A storm was coming, but no-one knew because A. They're a bunch of shut ins, and B. It's metaphorical, you twat.

Janus cursed. The power surge had knocked everything offline, but nothing seemed damaged. His hands glided over the side of the server then, in the manner of the ancient mystical tribe of Sysadmins, slapped it on the side a couple of times. The server buzzed back into life. He found the downtime regrettable, but it wasn't serious. At least, he was sure of that until he logged in and the true scale of the problem became known to him.

Others soon saw what fate had befell them. Complete nonsensical database corruption! As they logged in, they found that the accounts they were posting with were not their own. It didn't take long for all hell to break loose. Manslayer was awoken from the depths, and Frodogorn was seen to stalk the land, banning all in his path. A group of veteran forumites barricaded themselves in off topic, trying to root out the troublemakers amongst them, and more importantly, trying to work out what bugger was dicking with their profile. Thus began...the purges!

This narration was slightly less ****ty the first time, then I refreshed and it disappeared, so I gave an approximation. :sad:

PLAYERS:

Mahud
Calodine
Nipplemelter
Vieira
Adaham
Magorian
Whoopin
Haresus
Eternal
NomNom
Your Nightmare Ambalon
SootShade Grimmend
Bgfan

Now, The Rules!

First off: 48 hour days, 48 hour nights. Day one is 60 hours long, for convenience.

Second off, terminology:

A ban is a kill.
Scout is a scan.
The townspeople are Forumites.

ROLE CLAIMS!

Right, relatively strict here. The ONLY part of your PM you are allowed to quote is up to the first full stop. All roles follow the same format:

You are [NAME], [Few words of flavour]. [Role description/stuff].

Infractions of this will be severely punished, though you're welcome to invent roles following the same format. I tried to make it easy enough. :razz:

Other than that, role claiming is the same as ever - use common sense and realise it's frequently a dumb idea.

The Forumites win when they are the only ones to remain. Any other victory conditions are known to the players in question. There are no "sudden death" conditions, like Calo's Cyborg. You'll be able to tell when the game is close to an end in all likelihood.

There is no editing or removing of your posts.
If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
No voting for yourself
Votes must be in Bold, as well as unvotes.
If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, the person with the most votes will be banned. If two or more players have an equal number of votes, one will be randomly banned, with equal chance for all involved.
The above will not happen if the majority is a No Lynch.
Once someone is banned, they may not post. Not even "Bah". Once a majority is reached, the player is muted, and should act as such. :razz:
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible.

That said, have fun, and remember the games tone. :razz:

Game Setup:

Player - Role

Mahud - Vadermath
Calodine - Hyperion
Nipplemelter - Caba'drin
Vieira - Magorian
Adaham - Seff
Magorian - Janus
Whoopin - Archonsod
Haresus - Lost-Lamb
Eternal - Pavlov
NomNom - Kronic
Ambalon - Kleidophoros
Grimmend - Jace
Bgfan - Moss

Role Descriptors:

You are Archonsod, former Administrator. Though deprived of your powers, you are still capable of putting people in their place while popular opinion holds you in regard. You can only be killed through a lynch.

You are Caba'drin, Administrator.  With your account priviledges, you may ban any single other player on every odd numbered night.

You are Moss, Administrator. With your account priviledges, you may scout any single other player each night.

You are Vadermath, second half of the Balkan Tag Team. You may send PMs to your partner Hyperion [Calodine] up to three times per day/night cycle. Please send a cc to the narrator when you do so.

You are Hyperion, first half of the Balkan Tag Team. You may send PMs to your partner Vadermath [MahuD] up to three times per day/night cycle. Please send a cc to the narrator when you do so.

You are The Most Sinister Mr. Pavlov. Due to your control of the Pavenis, and it having the rights of a full Citizen of TW, all of your votes are secretly counted twice.

You are Kronic, the Gamer. Through your influence with your streaming channel, you can have someone lynched when they have half of the votes required (>25% of players) by sending the narrator a PM. This will end the day and otherwise work as a standard lynch. Due to your terrible scheduling, this is only possible with a two day cooldown after use.

You are Magorian, the Shepherd. Through your reasoning and logical arguments, you can back someone's character when they're under attack from others. This allows you to protect one player per night.

You are Lost-Lamb, Vengeance Incarnate. As the Alpha IRCer you may debate with your fellow IRCers Jace and Seff [SootShade and Adaham] to ban someone every night. Your word on this is final, and may overide the others.
[Mod note: Kills converter if conversion is attempted]

You are Seff, Danish flirt. You will show up as innocent to Scouts, and may send a single PM to any one player once per day/night cycle. They are allowed to make one reply to this PM. Please send a cc to the narrator when you do so.

You are Jace, fluffy sheep. You may use your website logs to compare IP addresses to accounts, and thus scout one player every night.

You are Janus, Forum Manager. By tweaking the forum databases, you can apply one bonus role from the following list to another player per night, along with an anonymous PM.
  You may only give one role to any given player, and may not use the same role twice. You may not give roles to yourself. Furthermore, your partner Kleidophoros [Your Nightmare] may convert people to your side, and you may converse at night.

- Tiberius Decimus Maximus - You are TDM, the penitent. After being banned, they will respawn after one full day cycle. Only works once.
- Mahud - You are Mahud, the wildcard. Due to the oddities of your train of thought, people scanning you will receive a random result.
- Calodine - You are Calodine, the Southern Poof. You'd turn up late to your own funeral if you could, and in fact do. When you are banned, you're allowed to stick around for the first six hours of the next day.
- Earl of Rochester - You are EoR, the lovable rogue. You're immune to being killed by anything other than a lynch, but alas, your star burnt too bright and too fast. You will delete your account at the end of the second night after receiving this role.
- Adaham - You are Adaham, the Ace. Your wolf hunting skills have been useful in the forum purge, and when you go down, you'll take whoever's responsible with you. The person who places the closing vote on you, or attacks you at night, will be banned too.

You are Kleidophoros, Administrator. You and Janus are tasked with restoring order, and you may convert others to your cause. This has a 100% success rate, but irrecovarably drops by 20% each consecutive night of use.
Therefore, using your power at every opportunity will permanently damage your performance, and this should be considered when making a choice. Your partner Janus [Magorian] and you may converse at night.

Night time discussion threads were here for the wolves and here for the converters.

Night Actions

Night One:

Grimmend scouts Whoopin, gets result of Archonsod!
Whoopin is Converted!
Facemelter kills Cadoline!
Wolves nom Cadoline!
Magorian gives Adaham the Adaham role!
Vieira protects himself!

Night Two

Magorian gives Grimmend the Earl of Rochester role!
Wolves nom Ambalon!
Vieira protects Ambalon!
Grimmend scouts Magorian, gets result of Janus!

Night Three

Facemelter kills Eternal!
Facemelter is converted!
Wolves nom Vieira!
Grimmend scouts Facemelter, gets result of Caba'Drin!
Vieira protects Whoopin!
Magorian gives Whoopin the TDM role!

Also, Redcoat-Mic falls off a cliff.

Good narration, now we should get this started immediately so lets get some votes flowing.

Ban: Facemelter

He posted good stuff last time while under pressure, lets see him squirm again.

Hi, I'm ancalimon and this is my favourite Turk appreciation thread on the citadel forum.

Ban: Mahud

Because seriously, **** that guy.

Ban: Bgfan

With ultra-short deadlines, he already wasted two posts to jokes that don't get us any further. Mega-wolfy.

Second in line is Vieira, because even though it's obvious we need to start off with more or less random voting, he still immediately backs out of his first vote. What's the point?

Last, but not least (just to show that I can joke as well), Bgfan deserves my vote because he got me killed last game the day when HE was supposed to be lynched.  :evil:

:wink:

I backed out of my vote, as due to tradition that my first vote is random, and I usually just pick the name from the list. This time I couldn't, because at the time I composed the post(I then went on to attempt to play the EUIII MP game for 5 mins) there was no list up, so my vote was purely based on who voted previous to me. Therefore there was little point, because in my opinion there is little point in keeping a pointless vote on, is there?

Also, it seems you are trying hard to be the guy the starts the hunting. I mean, there are people who haven't even posted, yet you start of by saying that Bg has wasted two posts? Well, what about Facemelter, making one post that meant nothing? You could say the same for Mag. Frankly, I think you are trying to hard to start us off. Maybe trying to give off the impression that you are very keen for hunting the baddies.

I quite like the narration, and the role claim idea is quite brilliant. I'll use the same idea for my own game some years in the future.

Ban: Adaham

We shall begin the emotional crying now, and I was so, so attached to you. I loved you, I trusted you, I depended on you last game.. and you left me! I cried, I couldn't sleep many nights and I wept for weeks. It was a dread to wake up each morning, I couldn't close my eyes during the day else whispers... hints.. reminders of you crept into my brain. I couldn't not think of you either, as the thought of you was such an addiction my heart would stop beating each time I stopped. And you were a wolf! A treacherous wolf, wishing to kill me! This betrayal destroyed my soul, but now I am back, back on the hunt to destroy all that would work against the forum!

Beside that, try not to analyze these first few posts too thickly. Last game Facemelter nearly was lynched due to early game behavior and a terrible, terrible sense of Whoopin luck. However, I already like how Vieira and Adaham are on the wolf trail, despite the game starting an hour ago. Good work.

Vieira said:
I backed out of my vote, as due to tradition that my first vote is random, and I usually just pick the name from the list.
You have a tradition of random voting and immediately unvoting? Kind of defeats the purpose of the random vote to start off with. The bit about the list I can believe, but that wasn't really my point anyway.

Therefore there was little point, because in my opinion there is little point in keeping a pointless vote on, is there?
Again, tell me then what the point of the random voting to begin with is? The point about random voting on day 1 is to start off discussion. If you IMMEDIATELY unvote, what discussion does that create? Unless your intent was to make me jump on your strange logic.

Your point-of-view could work in a large scale, slow paced game. Even then you wouldn't be much of a teamplayer by doing so, you'd have some time to sit back and watch. But with 60 hours, we will enter immediately into a discussion of who to lynch. Usually the joke voting stage can take 60 hours by itself (for some players), but this time around I don't think we have any time for an unserious beginning. With 13 players having to check in AND trying to find a candidate within 60 hours, we have quite a task ahead. There's no point in "waiting for everybody to check in". With a bit of bad luck, we'll be halfway through the first day by the time everybody said "Hey, I'm here".

I'm not going as far as you consciously stalling my attempt to wake everybody up, but in any case I think you don't quite understand the sense of urgency needed in this game.

Also, it seems you are trying hard to be the guy the starts the hunting. I mean, there are people who haven't even posted, yet you start of by saying that Bg has wasted two posts?
I'm trying hard to start the hunting indeed, "to be the guy" is what you might want to make out of it. Fine with me. If you look at other games, you'll see I almost never participate in the joking stage, just because I think it's a waste of time. Luckily there's often funny wolves that make for good hunting material early on.

Well, what about Facemelter, making one post that meant nothing? You could say the same for Mag. Frankly, I think you are trying to hard to start us off. Maybe trying to give off the impression that you are very keen for hunting the baddies.
True dat about Facemelter. He'd be third on the list. Difference is, Bg made TWO posts saying nothing, while Facey made only one. On top of that, he's been reading this after my last post and not replied anything. In a short-deadline game, this is quite inexcusable, I find.

Magorian was the only one that posted nothing, but gave sort of an excuse for it, this makes him 4th on the list.

Yes, I'm trying hard to start this off, you should do the same. I AM indeed very keen for hunting the baddies, you should do the same.

Look, I see where you are coming from, you also have nothing to talk about, so you are actually kind of glad there's me, so you have something to write about. But your point of attack, the fact I "want to come across as" is void. Point is, I believe that stuff doesn't come up from nothing, so even then I try to keep my first-post-random-vote as little random as possible. Even if that includes meta-gaming, WIFOM and the use of a joke post. Beter than rolling a dice. Rolling a dice (and immediately unvoting) creates no friction that could lead to discussion. If you want a vote to be believable, you have to stand behind it. Which on page 1 obviously is a gamble, but it's a sacrifice we all need to make to get this going.

Plus, remember last game...you know what part of the message got me killed. Never ever before have I fought as much to get myself off any ace-list, and in the end I failed. It was you guys who couldn't believe I could be left off an "ace-player" list, someone even called me a Legend or something. Do you really believe I need to worry about my image as coming across as a wolf-hunter? Whether for real or make-belief, have you ever seen me not play an active wolf-hunter (unless I was inactive)? That's why I think that your critique of me is flawed, and I think you must know it.

---
1 new post by Eternal. Awesome! Finally somebody who's got a new reason to vote for me. You see Bgfan, that's an entrance!!!

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
To Adaham I say
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck You!

Bgfan said:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
To Adaham I say
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck You!
:lol: Much better. Vote stays, though. Right now I'm starting to believe your role is Locke.  :razz:

Eternal said:
Beside that, try not to analyze these first few posts too thickly. Last game Facemelter nearly was lynched due to early game behavior and a terrible, terrible sense of Whoopin luck. However, I already like how Vieira and Adaham are on the wolf trail, despite the game starting an hour ago. Good work.
1. Last game was completely different with regards to first page jokes, because there was a Cyborg. This time there isn't. Meaning I'm going to back to my old ways of being on the look-out for day-1-joker-wolves. You know I do, no point in debating it.
2. It was a possibly terrible sense of Whoopin luck, but I'm not Whoopin. Besides that, in the end, you and Whoopin both followed my Quail-train, so it's not like that worked out better for the innocents.
3. Cheers for the compliment. As I said, with such a short time, we need to get moving a.s.a.p.

Whoopin said:
He posted good stuff last time while under pressure, lets see him squirm again.

I like being under pressure, but not pressure from you since your reasoning seems to be utter **** from what I saw last game; I'd like to see some Whoopin analysis rather than Whoopin luck this game.  :razz:

Adaham said:
With ultra-short deadlines, he already wasted two posts to jokes that don't get us any further. Mega-wolfy.

Kind of hard to post things of substance in the beginning without the usual opening jokes.

Last, but not least (just to show that I can joke as well), Bgfan deserves my vote because he got me killed last game the day when HE was supposed to be lynched.  :evil:

So you are allowed to joke and nobody else is? MEGA-WOLFY!

Eternal said:
I loved you, I trusted you, I depended on you last game.. and you left me!

And this is why you cannot blindly trust anyone. Adaham did feel a bit off last game with his reasoning, so I am surprised you stuck to it.

As far as random lynching goes, I wouldn't mind doing a Ban: YN.

Well, Vieira, believe or not, the strangest thing about Adaham's first post is that he actually made a joke. Really, that's the part that caught my attention. Aside that, though, specifically mentioning that we are on shorter days this game is another thing that I noticed. It's hardly going to make it any more possible to have any content in the first post. Rubbing the deadline on our faces in an odd way isn't really going to get us much more to work with. He's saying it as if to apologize for trying to get the game started - like the rest of what he's writing for that matter, which is not very characteristic for him.

BTW, a brilliant setting for the game. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom