It has finally come to the point where we can show you what we have been working on the past year. Some of you may already have seen it, but for those who haven’t, please take some
moments to read the announcement here:http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2012/3/mount-blade-warband-napoleonic-wars-multiplayer-dlc-announced
Watch the announcement trailer here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPv56deYrsQ
So what does this mean? Well, first of all - Mount&Musket: Battalion doesn’t exist anymore. It is now Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars - a multiplayer-only DLC that you can buy for Mount & Blade: Warband. We hope you will find it even more enjoyable than the mod ever was.
The base is still there - the idea of large multiplayer battles, trying to realistically show the Napoleonic Wars while still maintaining enjoyable and rewarding gameplay. But it is now wrapped in a new shiny and professional package. We re-made it completely from scratch: bigger, better and more. Graphics have been vastly improved with new beautiful units and environments - while focusing on performance means it will run just as good as, and hopefully even better than, before.
But graphics and performance work is not all that is new. Napoleonic Wars brings an array of new, often-requested, features. Thanks to our co-operation with Taleworlds we have been able to bring you all those things you always wanted to have.
Here’s just a small selection of the most important new features that the DLC offers:
- Completely remade France, Britain and Prussia + added the new Austrian Empire.
- New units that you always wanted such as Voltigeurs and Cuirassiers for France, Light Dragoons for Britain, Death’s Head Hussars for Prussia and much much more.
- A selection of over 220 unique units.
- Sapper/engineering units for all factions, capable of building fortifications and blowing them or other buildings up using their explosives.
- Several new types of artillery and ammunition types, including shells, canister and even rockets.
- Flags, trees, plants and water moving with the wind and new background sounds bring the world to life.
- Parallax mapping for walls, rocks and other objects for even greater atmosphere/graphics.
- Musicians can now walk whilst playing, and even play the same tune together.
- A large amount of new musician tunes, specific for each nation.
- New high-quality voice acting for all factions, both for male and female characters.
- Introducing the Siege game mode + a new Commander Battle mode where the players lead bots in a line battle against each other.
- Crouching with a bayonet now allows you to brace it to kill an incoming horse.
- Musicians, Ensigns and Officers give bonuses to nearby rankers.
And much much more...
We have also worked on making the game even more balanced. Many of you might be happy to know that lancers are now less powerful. For example, lances can no longer be used to block. This does not mean that they can’t be just as deadly, but it takes a bit more skill.
We would like to thank you all for the time you have spent on MM - it means a lot to us. Without you, this would not have been possible. Thank you for your dedication and suggestions - even though we haven’t always listened (
) we still love you!
Finally we’d like to apologise. It was never our intention to keep you waiting this long, in silence, but as you may now realise it was out of our control. We’re very sorry about that.
We will keep you all up to date with news and previews for the upcoming DLC and you are free to ask any questions below and we will try to answer them as good as we possibly can.
Goodbye MM community, Welcome NW community!
Flying Squirrel Entertainment
(formerly MM developers)
Our website: www.flyingsquirrelent.eu
Our forum: http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/forums/