Reducing PING?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tromez

Veteran
Is there any Program out there what Can reduce ping for M&B? (MM) Etc? Im in australia and Playing with 200+ on USA Servers is really anoyying, I can kill players with low ping, but its very hard if they know what they're doing. so does anyone out tehre have a Program, what can Can Reduce ping or a Technique? Anything! I Already have Game Booster. what slightly Helps.

No, ping is the time it takes for a internet package to be send from your computer to the server and back, there is no way to make this faster since its related to the speed of the routing on the internet.

There is always this solution:

Move house!
housemoving.jpg

Sorry I couldn't help. I think Vince gave you a pretty absolute answer though.

Evan

Faster doesent matter, faster is in bandwith, meaning more packets can fit through your line, but that does not reduce the time it takes for a packet to go from the server to you and back.

There is one way! quite expensive though.

Light speed

A satellite between your house and Frankfurt, sending light transmissions from the one place to the other.

Now you will have ultra speed internet, congratulations!

or you can wait till they come up with a faster form of cable  :razz:

does anyone else find it funny that 200 ping is a high number now? i remeber playing MOHAA and 200 ping was the norm

200 ping the norm? Thats odd, because I remember playing Counter-Strike and only using servers with <80  :???:

On topic though, I don't think there is much you can do. Because you are AU you will be so far from all the locations of the official servers (unless the Asian community move along to MM  :eek:)

with different internet providers i have had my ping vary considerably. With my current ISP i can also enable a gaming mode that reduces my ping by around 5ms so you may want to consider looking at different providers although ultimately your ping is limited by the distance you live from the server.

sometimes changing companys that provide your internet can help. My old company went straight to chicago, so servers were relatively very low pinged there. But upon changing companies i found that it changed to Cincinnati, and my ping to chicago servers was increased, however I now receive a slightly lower ping when connecting to euro servers.

But thats only a very small change from of about 30-40 ping for me, there is nothing you can really do besides move to reduce it on a larger scale.

Vincenzo said:
No, ping is the time it takes for a internet package to be send from your computer to the server and back, there is no way to make this faster since its related to the speed of the routing on the internet.
well you can always get better internetbut in every other regarg you sir are indeed right

Tromez said:
Is there any Program out there what Can reduce ping for M&B? (MM) Etc? Im in australia and Playing with 200+ on USA Servers is really anoyying, I can kill players with low ping, but its very hard if they know what they're doing. so does anyone out tehre have a Program, what can Can Reduce ping or a Technique? Anything! I Already have Game Booster. what slightly Helps.

If you get any high ping ,try to lower your ping rate by using some of the following instructions.
1.Don't open any videos,stream and check if there any problem in your router.
2.Make sure there's no browser .exe's still running in task manager
3.Try to contact your internet service provider and get suitable data plan.
4.Use any software like Game Booster
5.Move closer to server
I am sure,if you follow the rules,you will get chance to reduce your ping rate.Finally you can check your new ping using WhoisXY.com

Back
Top Bottom